Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching Matches Online

Options
  • 26-07-2009 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

If I watch football matches online on sites such as Justin.TV etc, am I likely to go over my 30GB allowance I have for the month, bearing in mind there are two heavy users of the internet in my household, myself included?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It will depend on how big they are, and how long they last, and also what's left after the two "heavy users". You'll need to just figure it out yourself, as it will depend on how much you use it.

Use a bandwidth monitor like DU Meter to see out how much a single match uses, and you should be able to answer your question from there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Time for a diet in that household!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Don't think anyone here could answer that unless we knew how much the others were downloading and on average how many matches you watch. I wouldn't worry too much about streaming matches though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Well I watched the game, great result and all as we beat Atletico Madrid 2-0 ;)

Checked up my usage on the Eircom website and I've only used up 4% of the usage to date so it should be ok to watch watch matches in future, looks like it only took up about 700MB to watch the entire 90 minute game.

Advertisement