Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preferred publisher of classics

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

I would just like to comment positively for Oxford Worlds Classics. I recently read their edition of Kim. The introduction was simply the best introduction Ive ever read. Generally introductions either contribute nothing useful, and thus dont serve much purpose, or reveal too much and destroy the plot. The Kim one was suburb in that it discussed the themes at stake and the context of the book without giving away any of the plot but for the final decision Kim has to make. Also it was well annotated.

Only con is that they only publish stuff thats old, like 1920.

Now that Amazon.co.uk do free delivery to Ireland for orders over £25 its possible to get Oxford books for as little as €5 a go. I made out a list on Amazon earlier that contained 2xHomer, Paine, Jungle Book, one Kafka and another book and it came to just shy of €32. Excellent value, and Book Depo wont be getting as much of my business anymore Im afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement