Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Online Cash Players

Options
  • 26-07-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    Apologies for the LC nature of this my first post but I couldn't find anything quite along these lines in a forum search. I'm just wondering if we could attempt to compile a list of the biggest cash winners online who are Irish. It would be relatively easy to figure if you could do a country search on pokertableratings I suppose but even then perhaps many Irish players are on smaller non-tracked sites? If you have any candidate usernames and the site they play on I think this could be an interesting thread. Or I might just get flamed back to lurkdom for my lameness... :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Milkers wrote: »
    Or I might just get flamed back to lurkdom for my lameness... :o

This

Even if we did want to not everyone's screennames are known

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

deezenuts_6 or something. Class act that fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

I meant to throw in one I've spotted to get the ball rolling, maybe he's well known and active here at boards. oldjude is one of the few regs in the Full Tilt mid-high stakes games that I have noticed from Ireland.

HiCloy wrote: »
    This

Even if we did want to not everyone's screennames are known

This doesn't involve outting anyone, I was talking just screennames as a default.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

oldjude & skintpaddy are two that shoot to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

gachisteach

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

It's not me anyway if that helps narrow it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

Halibut 2 a good online omaha cash player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

cooker3 wrote: »
    gachisteach

Is this a boardsie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

gachisteach

There is only one boardsie that that could possibly be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

TommyGunne wrote: »

Care to enlighten me? Pretty sure Ive played alot with this guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

TommyGunne wrote: »

Oh? To whom does the award for most annoying nut peddling nit fall?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

zuutroy wrote: »
    Oh? To whom does the award for most annoying nut peddling nit fall?

There are two possible among regular posters, and one is ruled out cos gachisteach has cashed deep in a number of decent buyin tourneys, and there is a very high chance that would have been posted. Could be a less regular poster on non-boardie though. Or I could be just completely wrong. That happens lots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Gachisteach? Ive heard him mentioned a lot ! Im really not sure is he terrible or brillant the way pople go on.

I know he is from dungarvan as i worked with a guy who knew him ( well im pretty sure). He is up a lot in tournaments this year on i poker as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Lol. I've no idea who he is.

In general on Ipoker, if you see someone is from Ireland it's even better then if it says France.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i remember one time i felted teh aces on the flop vs gachisteach. i obv hate money.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Milkers wrote: »
    I meant to throw in one I've spotted to get the ball rolling, maybe he's well known and active here at boards. oldjude is one of the few regs in the Full Tilt mid-high stakes games that I have noticed from Ireland.
    Tight Ted wrote: »
    oldjude & skintpaddy are two that shoot to mind.

Oldjude is a guy who used to play locally with us in maynooth.

Very good player now it would seem! afaik he hacks up the online scene!

Wont name names but fair play to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

Anyone on here peadar110 on Full Tilt. Solid 400nl player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭The C Kid

Oldjude is fast becoming a 2+2 legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter
    oldjude
    $24
    $103
    12% --- $24,906 --- Tilt
    FullTilt x
    oldjude
    $12
    $109
    12% --- $32,315 - Super Tilt - 92
    iPoker x

Pretty impresive.

Also some kind of star beside the ipoker one; something to do with top 3 money winners or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

The C Kid wrote: »
    Oldjude is fast becoming a 2+2 legend.

for some dubious reasons :) I love the way CTS replied to one of his hands with something along the lines of 'wow, you sure showed him'

im pretty sure he has an account here also.

fair play to him though, big winner, obviously a cracking good player. I think he won a big donkyment on stars or something also some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Gachisteach is quite funny. He actually devolved as a poker player. He used to play 22/12, then got up to 22/16 and then went back to 10/8. He's been around for at least 4 years. Im pretty sure he doesnt post here but from what i remember he's friends with a prominent poster on boards. Pretty sure that now he's a small loser but probably makes a small bit eahc month in rakeback/.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

most decent euro players use many sites, most of which arn't "tracked", so it's going to be pretty difficult.. ~umpossible..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

karpov33 wrote: »
    Halibut 2 a good online omaha cash player

i heard that was andy black

and every other name mentioned in this thread is me btw

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

[nicK] wrote: »
    most decent euro players use many sites, most of which arn't "tracked", so it's going to be pretty difficult.. ~umpossible..

Dis.

BUT....

You're a nobody in the "community", unless you're a somebody on Stars or FTP. imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

for some dubious reasons :) I love the way CTS replied to one of his hands with something along the lines of 'wow, you sure showed him'

im pretty sure he has an account here also.

fair play to him though, big winner, obviously a cracking good player. I think he won a big donkyment on stars or something also some time ago.

yeah in march he had like 90k of scores in the space of 2wks i think, a 2nd in the sunday 500 for 60k was one of the results

he was playing midstakes before then tho too, very good aggro player and thinks deeply about his play

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

gachisteach

Joe fleming from dungarvan. Not a boardie. Cashed in irish open this year and was pretty sickned, he felt he could of won it. Good solid player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

this started off as who is the biggest CASH winner, everyone has mentioned touney players.

as far as online tourny winners, I wouldnt say Jude Ainsworth is far behind,

as far as cash, there are many reg posters here i know are among the biggest online irish acsh players. some up over a million in games. i can think of up to 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

6 reg posters here are up over million? This year? Nah

• Advertisement

ITT -

Lots of: vague references to large winners, tourney players.
    Not much: cash players, actual screenames.

I consider my suspicion that there are not many Irish punters doing that well in the online cash games and in particular not on the big (tracked) sites confirmed. It would be interesting if pokertableratings did a ranking by country...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement