Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Online Cash Players

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

You won't find many of the big irish cash players on the big american sites. Most of the play across a variety of euro-sites

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

You won't find many of the big irish cash players on the big american sites. Most of the play across a variety of euro-sites

Yeah in fairness I think this is a big part of it. Still you would think that by sheer numbers on Stars and Tilt there would be a few more prominent Irish. Why the strong preference for the non-American sites? I know Stars/Tilt have a lot of good players but tbh a large % of the biggest fish I've ever played have been Americans. Apologies if I just offended any French or Italians who might be lurking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

6 reg posters here are up over million? This year? Nah

Come on CS dont be moddest...Wit the way you run in flips you must be up nearly 2 million bananas this year already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Milkers wrote: »
    ITT -

Lots of: vague references to large winners, tourney players.
    Not much: cash players, actual screenames.

I consider my suspicion that there are not many Irish punters doing that well in the online cash games and in particular not on the big (tracked) sites confirmed. It would be interesting if pokertableratings did a ranking by country...

Despite the fact people constantly deny it, this board is so donkament-centric it's not true. Even half this thread is taken up talking about tourney players! A lot of boards contributors think tournaments ARE poker. They never seem able to grasp that cash games are the lifeblood of online poker and the place where the most skillful poker is being played. Indeed, I wonder if some of them even know what cash games are.

And when a cash player is mentioned - gachistaech - people say he is a solid tourney casher and thus a good player. My experience at the small stakes is that gachistaech might be the best tourney player in the world, but at online cash he is absolutely terrible. As in, a level 1 cash game thinker, questionable positional awareness, unable to value bet, bluffs in terrible spots etc etc. Awful. If he is a solid tourney player then I can only assume tourney and cash are chalk and cheese to such an extent that they require skill sets so different that they are only marginally transferable. (I know nothing about tournament poker I will freely admit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

6 reg posters here are up over million? This year? Nah

Read my post....SOME up over a million.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

gman127 wrote: »
    Oldjude is a guy who used to play locally with us in maynooth.

Very good player now it would seem! afaik he hacks up the online scene!

Wont name names but fair play to him

Is it someone with the initials JC who cashed in the Irish Open this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

Despite the fact people constantly deny it, this board is so donkament-centric it's not true. Even half this thread is taken up talking about tourney players! A lot of boards contributors think tournaments ARE poker. They never seem able to grasp that cash games are the lifeblood of online poker and the place where the most skillful poker is being played. Indeed, I wonder if some of them even know what cash games are.

And when a cash player is mentioned - gachistaech - people say he is a solid tourney casher and thus a good player. My experience at the small stakes is that gachistaech might be the best tourney player in the world, but at online cash he is absolutely terrible. As in, a level 1 cash game thinker, questionable positional awareness, unable to value bet, bluffs in terrible spots etc etc. Awful. If he is a solid tourney player then I can only assume tourney and cash are chalk and cheese to such an extent that they require skill sets so different that they are only marginally transferable. (I know nothing about tournament poker I will freely admit)

lol... Cash is all luck, maniacs goin all in all the time. Tourney poker is where the REAL game is played when you cant just reach into your pocket again after donking off like a fish. Just look at guys like phil helmuth who have proved over and over that in tourneys it's the guys with the skill who reap the rewards.

Read my post....SOME up over a million.

I can't think of any 'regular' poster, who could be up over a mill this year. Your post was poorly worded however.

pok3rplaya wrote: »
    lol... Cash is all luck, maniacs goin all in all the time. Tourney poker is where the REAL game is played when you cant just reach into your pocket again after donking off like a fish. Just look at guys like phil helmuth who have proved over and over that in tourneys it's the guys with the skill who reap the rewards.

True true, I was playing a few nutjobs earlier, some of them were going all in BEFORE the flop with drawing hands like AK, one even risked his stack with JJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

pok3rplaya wrote: »

You've convinced me. I take it all back.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭The Tourist

Is it someone with the initials JC who cashed in the Irish Open this year?

Jesus? Is he in Ireland now?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

how did this thread get so far w'out mentioning john 'doesalrite' oshea or rory 'rees' brennan

these guys are heros. when john won TWO WCOOPS i came

when i herd rory won ipc i jizzed

heros

when talking about worst players. its funni to search rob taylors name on ipoker and see him donating with a shortstack at 5/10 holdem 1 tabling evey night

he such a cash fish

A bit harsh dont you think.... I've always had good respect for this guy newayz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Is this the the man the myth the leg-end http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2679307044

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Nobody who wins on iPoker. Only donks win on there, it's that bad. Rory rees Brennan? serious? Besides the IPO win I've only ever seen him donk it in mtts on ... iPoker. He can't even spell when posting up his blog, funny seeing him write about getting 'threw' all the donks in some tourn. Me thinks they seen him as the donk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

how did this thread get so far w'out mentioning john 'doesalrite' oshea or rory 'rees' brennan

these guys are heros. when john won TWO WCOOPS i came

when i herd rory won ipc i jizzed

heros

when talking about worst players. its funni to search rob taylors name on ipoker and see him donating with a shortstack at 5/10 holdem 1 tabling evey night

he such a cash fish

your such a tool dbc, come back to me when u have been playing full time for 3 years, buying into all the big games and paying a mortgage.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

This threads in bits.

Actually don't think it's DBC but ironically enough the RoryReesyBrennan on ipoker thecageyone is probably thinking of is DBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

who the **** is DBC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

Despite the fact people constantly deny it, this board is so donkament-centric it's not true. Even half this thread is taken up talking about tourney players! A lot of boards contributors think tournaments ARE poker.(what?) They never seem able to grasp that cash games are the lifeblood of online poker(really?) and the place where the most skillful poker is being played. Indeed, I wonder if some of them even know what cash games are.
    (indeed one does wonder such things...)

are you some kind of low stakes rakeback grinder who's jealous of people who win more than you beating donkaments? take it easy. no offence by the way. silly thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

Nobody who wins on iPoker. Only donks win on there, it's that bad. Rory rees Brennan? serious? Besides the IPO win I've only ever seen him donk it in mtts on ... iPoker. He can't even spell when posting up his blog, funny seeing him write about getting 'threw' all the donks in some tourn. Me thinks they seen him as the donk.

It was actually the IPC that Reesy won. You really need to keep an eye on your spelling

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

nVid wrote: »
    who the **** is DBC

A f*uck*in tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

smurph wrote: »
    A f*uck*in tool

But he's different in person, a genuine all round nice guy or so he claims.

He is to be pitied rather than anything, guy has serious mental issues.

Surprised at Rob letting him get to him, just ignore him, nobody pays any attention to anything he says

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

maloney333 wrote: »
    Is this the the man the myth the leg-end http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2679307044
    Recognise him now. He final tabled the Waterford Open last year in Tramore. Took it VERY hard when BigMick made a sick call with AJ for a massive pot and won the race against Jude's TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

smurph wrote: »
    A f*uck*in tool

Smurph,

The * are meant to replace letters..you were looking for f*ck*ng tool :pac:

It was actually the IPC that Reesy won. You really need to keep an eye on your spelling

How is that a spelling mistake? It's not actually a word to begin with, just an abbreviation. You need to keep an eye on your attempts at smart arsery [not a word]. I love the jump-to-the-rescue-style of all the Boyle heads, it's cute. Like I give 2 sh**s which event it was, he's still over rated and it is the same guy I'm thinking of.

smoothcall wrote: »
    This threads in bits.

Actually don't think it's DBC but ironically enough the RoryReesyBrennan on ipoker thecageyone is probably thinking of is DBC.

Nope, it's exactly the guy who won the IPC, when I've seen him play [bad] he was a bounty in special mtts. I'm not the only person who was at his tables who thought "Donk" - but fair play, he wins money, luck counts for a LOT on Boyle's. It's insanely rigged in favour of donks, don't care what anyone says. Horrible, horrible software and their support sucks on top. They ignore their regular customers in general, unless you suck their arses - But see how quick they jump to the rescue of their so-called 'pro' players. Enlightening thread if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

You really think he plays his A game in some 10er donkament?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

you mean one of those $5/$10 special mtts that boyles ran a few times? probably not fair to judge someone on how they play in one of those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Nope, it's exactly the guy who won the IPC, when I've seen him play [bad] he was a bounty in special mtts. I'm not the only person who was at his tables who thought "Donk" - but fair play, he wins money, luck counts for a LOT on Boyle's.

You should play him for rolls! Are you actually for real^^^

• Advertisement

mdwexford wrote: »
    You really think he plays his A game in some 10er donkament?

He shouldn't play at all in that case. Poor way to look at things that is. The entry fee shouldn't matter. Proper pro's like Negreanu proved recently that were willing to play proper at micro stakes, to prove a point.

If you're a pro and invited to be a bounty in a special for regulars, then you should bring your game or you're only an elitist foooker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement