Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Irish Online Cash Players

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

He shouldn't play at all in that case. Poor way to look at things that is. The entry fee shouldn't matter. Proper pro's like Negreanu proved recently that were willing to play proper at micro stakes, to prove a point.

If you're a pro and invited to be a bounty in a special for regulars, then you should bring your game or you're only an elitist foooker.
    Or you can play crap and give people the chance to say that they knocked out a "pro".

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭steoin

If you're a pro and invited to be a bounty in a special for regulars, then you should bring your game or you're only an elitist foooker.

and if your anything other than perfect like me YSSCKY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

so many people replying in this thread who havent got a clue whos winning what, or how much alot of the guys have won/lost over the last 4-5 years.
    its redic tilting, people guessing whos good/bad, both not knowing their player id's or never really playing high stakes cash with them.
    unless u are a 5/10 or higher cash reg on all the major sites, friends with the other big players, u have no idea who the big players are, or how well they have done.
    Several of my friends, top Irish players, have won A LOT and build up rolls from nothing where they can now enjoy quite lavish lifestyles. They are top class players, and people commenting on whether they played well in a tourny here or there is completely not relevant.

FWIW Reecy has been crushing big cash games for years, and other guys like Robin Lacey are amongst the biggest winners at 5/10 and above over a range or sites, not to mention hali who has done better than most can ever dream about.

By the way, it appears rakebackwore is not DBC, apols to him, be interested to know who this keyboard warrior is though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

By the way, it appears rakebackwore is not DBC, apols to him, be interested to know who this keyboard warrior is though...

I was pretty sure when I read it that it was actually John O'Shea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

hotspur wrote: »
    I was pretty sure when I read it that it was actually John O'Shea.

Yeah same here. The spelling was very like his.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

for some dubious reasons :) I love the way CTS replied to one of his hands with something along the lines of 'wow, you sure showed him'

im pretty sure he has an account here also.

fair play to him though, big winner, obviously a cracking good player. I think he won a big donkyment on stars or something also some time ago.

lol i know the dude he's talking about on that two+two thread about friends mooching off him. i was playing a home game with the 2 of them about 3 years back. think jude was just getting started then. he's had a few big tourny scores and beating all the levels he plays over decent samples. seething jealousy certainly not an issue, i'm completely happy for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Nobody who wins on iPoker. Only donks win on there, it's that bad. Rory rees Brennan? serious? Besides the IPO win I've only ever seen him donk it in mtts on ... iPoker. He can't even spell when posting up his blog, funny seeing him write about getting 'threw' all the donks in some tourn. Me thinks they seen him as the donk.

People in glass houses, tut tut. I think you meant to write saw. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭robinblinds

The insecurity of poker players is often staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Sounds like the chill pills need to be distributed in here....

Who gives a fcuk who the biggest online winners are in all honesty. As Rob has stated we have some massive online winners and also a sack load of guys who make a grea living outta online pokers.
    Oh ya Cagey get a grip dude, i dont know Reesy personally but i do know his record is there for all to see....Far from a donk and one of the very top echelon players on this island.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

this started off as who is the biggest CASH winner, everyone has mentioned touney players.

as far as online tourny winners, I wouldnt say Jude Ainsworth is far behind,

as far as cash, there are many reg posters here i know are among the biggest online irish acsh players. some up over a million in games. i can think of up to 6.

idk, i don't really have much of an interest in this and don't follow what other people are doing in poker much at all but i find it v. hard to believe that there's more than one or two irish poker players that could put up a graph of 1m in lifetime earnings. i think people tend to exaggerate their winnings and sometimes people see small samples of heaters and go on and extrapolate player's career winnings from that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

I concur with shane.

I'd be amazed if 7 Irish people with more than 100 posts on boards could post lifetime holdem manager or pokertracker graphs with winnings of over $100,000 not including rakeback.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭digiman

pok3rplaya wrote: »
    I concur with shane.

I'd be amazed if 7 Irish people with more than 100 posts on boards could post lifetime holdem manager or pokertracker graphs with winnings of over $100,000 not including rakeback.

I would say you would be amazed. Is it only for cash games?

I would also agree with Shane, I just think that there would be more than 7 players with $100k in winnings, would probably be tough enough to find more than 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

A lot of Irelands best online cash players are haveing a crack at each other tomorrow night in a sng,

Marty Smyth 6/1
    Jude Ainsworth 6/1
    Padraig Parkinson 7/1
    Roy Brindley 7/1
    Martin Silke 7/1
    Paul Lecky 7/1
    Andy Black 8/1
    Fintan Gavin 8/1
    Tom Hanlon 8/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

digiman wrote: »
    I would say you would be amazed. Is it only for cash games?

I would also agree with Shane, I just think that there would be more than 7 players with $100k in winnings, would probably be tough enough to find more than 10.

Yeah only for cash games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭davidgti

A lot of Irelands best online cash players are haveing a crack at each other tomorrow night in a sng,

Marty Smyth 6/1
    Jude Ainsworth 6/1
    Padraig Parkinson 7/1
    Roy Brindley 7/1
    Martin Silke 7/1
    Paul Lecky 7/1
    Andy Black 8/1
    Fintan Gavin 8/1
    Tom Hanlon 8/1

What site is this happening on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭ihadu

Marty Smyth 6/1
    Jude Ainsworth 6/1
    Padraig Parkinson 7/1
    Roy Brindley 7/1
    Martin Silke 7/1
    Paul Lecky 7/1
    Andy Black 8/1
    Fintan Gavin 8/1
    Tom Hanlon 8/1

this is a joke right? there's 8 guys on that list that'll be bumhunted to the ends of the earth

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

davidgti wrote: »
    What site is this happening on?

Its a live event in the Eglinton . We are running betting on it.

Details can be found here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

lol@ the list.... while each has their own success stories there are not many fit the profile of the title on this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Macspower wrote: »
    lol@ the list.... while each has their own success stories there are not many fit the profile of the title on this thread

Would even one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

Maybe it's all the recreational players at this site, but reading this thread I'm coming to the conclusion that many simply don't know what a cash game is. Poker = donkaments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭colquhom

Maybe it's all the recreational players at this site, but reading this thread I'm coming to the conclusion that many simply don't know what a cash game is. Poker = donkaments.

we get it, enough already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I beg Mods to close this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement