Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Senior Hurlers - We are in the Semis!

• 26-07-2009 5:35pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

You read it right! Waterford came back from behind, got a goal thanks to Dan the Man and won against Galway!

Waterford 1-16 Galway 0-18

Its now Waterford v Kilkenny in the semi final!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Very poor game. Both teams were poor although Galway have only themselves to blame for not being out of sight well well before Waterfords goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

i was delighted for davy fitz now i must say. Sure my heart was breaking for him during his intervew at the end.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah I know the lads didnt play well (Galway had the upper hand for most, but didnt really do great either) but its good to see them getting a step closer to the final. Sure, the odds of us beating the cats will be hard but I would imagine for many it will be their last game for Waterford so its nice that they get this far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Fair play to the lads, they hunted hard for it in the last 10 or 15 minutes and that's what won it for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

Great, we get to be embarrassed by Kilkenny once again.

It would have been better if they were knocked out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Don't be that defeatist. It could happen for you if Kilkenny have an off day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

doubt it :D

bring on the 9th of aug, fair play for getting this far lads all the same

If sports movies have taught us anything then Dan will get a Penalty in the last minute being two points behind and either score and be the hero or miss and learn a valuable life lesson :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

ziedth wrote: »
    If sports movies have taught us anything then Dan will get a Penalty in the last minute being two points behind and either score and be the hero or miss and learn a valuable life lesson :pac::pac::pac:

I also hope that the waterford manager can bring out the best in all the players and that the racial tensions between the black hurlers and the white hurlers are erased by the desire to win and a brotherhood and sense of comradary eventuates.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭culchienator

I also hope that the waterford manager can bring out the best in all the players and that the racial tensions between the black hurlers and the white hurlers are erased by the desire to win and a brotherhood and sense of comradary eventuates.

remember the titans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Yeah and i was going to add a bit of the mighty ducks but couldnt figure out how to word it.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭deise48

up the deise boy. kilkenny in the semi and then tipp in the final revenge in both games and all ireland champs to boot sounds like a few good weeks ahead of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭irish fighter

deise48 wrote: »
    up the deise boy. kilkenny in the semi and then tipp in the final revenge in both games and all ireland champs to boot sounds like a few good weeks ahead of us

waterford has alot to do before kilkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

What an amazing last few minutes that was. Just when you think you've gone through every emotion imaginable as a deise supporter over the years, they'll still surprise you from time to time.

I would also encourage everyone out there to make the trip to Croker for the semi if you can make it. It's going to be such a difficult match and the lads will need our absolute 100% support throughout the entire 70 minutes. And after their performance in the last 10 minutes of the match yesterday, they deserve our support.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Daysha wrote: »
    What an amazing last few minutes that was. Just when you think you've gone through every emotion imaginable as a deise supporter over the years, they'll still surprise you from time to time.

I would also encourage everyone out there to make the trip to Croker for the semi if you can make it. It's going to be such a difficult match and the lads will need our absolute 100% support throughout the entire 70 minutes. And after their performance in the last 10 minutes of the match yesterday, they deserve our support.

As long as ye dont mind taking the coast road home again.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

gobo99 wrote: »
    As long as ye dont mind taking the coast road home again.:pac:

Safest way home after getting stones thrown at the car in Mullinavat last time due to a WD Reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

Junior wrote: »
    Safest way home after getting stones thrown at the car in Mullinavat last time due to a WD Reg.
    it has been rumoured that it was not stones that were thrown at the wd cars, it was in fact all ireland hurling medals.......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Warning:

All jokes aside for a moment - trolls will be banned. Just an advanced warning if someone desides to derail this thread. No further warning - just straight out bans.

Carry on.

what do you mean by the term "trolls" sully?

manus30 wrote: »
    what do you mean by the term "trolls" sully?

http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Troll

• Advertisement

is ken mcgrath gonna be fit for the game , even a place on the bench ??? .... it would be a huge boost for waterford and his expierence would be priceless to the younger lads in the team ,
    nobody is gonna give us a chance against kilkenny and maybe they are right to say so buy hey stranger things have happened.
    someday they will be beaten , they are not invincible , they are just a great team.
    all good things come to an end someday as the saying goes ,

UP THE DEISE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

manus30 wrote: »
    it has been rumoured that it was not stones that were thrown at the wd cars, it was in fact all ireland hurling medals.......
    But nobody from mullinavat ever won anything at senior level :confused:

is ken mcgrath gonna be fit for the game , even a place on the bench ??? .... it would be a huge boost for waterford and his expierence would be priceless to the younger lads in the team ,
    nobody is gonna give us a chance against kilkenny and maybe they are right to say so buy hey stranger things have happened.
    someday they will be beaten , they are not invincible , they are just a great team.
    all good things come to an end someday as the saying goes ,

UP THE DEISE.
    tbh i think its only tipp that have a chance at ending KK unbeaten run

Ah sully i had a greating burn lined up there and all for that, ah well. :)

Anyway, who's going up? I have a date in the pub that day, i usually watch it at home but after last year i'm not doing anything the same

Sully wrote: »
    Mod Warning:

All jokes aside for a moment - trolls will be banned. Just an advanced warning if someone desides to derail this thread. No further warning - just straight out bans.

Carry on.

Just to clarify (I can see when users delete their posts btw, so the user who felt I was aiming the above at him can hopefully sleep better now ;)) the above post was not aimed at any member. Since jokes were starting, I thought best to make the position clear early rather then later.

Any problems - PM me. :)

Just to clarify (I can see when users delete their posts btw, so the user who felt I was aiming the above at him can hopefully sleep better now ;)) the above post was not aimed at any member. Since jokes were starting, I thought best to make the position clear early rather then later.

Any problems - PM me. :)
    a troll is described as being abusive and highly offensive. only a bit of light hearted banter going on here. great to see waterford back in the running again this year.

can we not lightly joke with each other , we are not talking personally about each other, we are chatting about 2 teams , i understand it drags it off topic but its good fun , and some funny comments pop up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

can we not lightly joke with each other , we are not talking personally about each other, we are chatting about 2 teams , i understand it drags it off topic but its good fun , and some funny comments pop up !

No objections my end, just if it goes down the route of others trolling is what I was reffering to! :)

• Advertisement

No objections my end, just if it goes down the route of others trolling is what I was reffering to! :)
    ill try my best not to do what i did last year:P

but yeah heading up for it :) should be a good match :)

Advertisement