Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Senior Hurlers - We are in the Semis!

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well today is the big day folks! 4pm the game begins. Will more then likely be doing Live Scoring over in the GAA forum (if I can bring myself to watch it :p) for those not near a TV/Radio :)

Best of luck to the Deise! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Starts at 4 actually.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

JPA wrote: »
    Starts at 4 actually.

Indeed it is, was thinking of the soccer there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Up the Deise, I'm debating going out somewhere so I not deafened with all the roaring at the tv and the air turning blue. ;)

My lads spent the last week in Galway with their cousins and proudly wore their Deise jerseys. The younger lad who's 11 went hurling training with his 11 year old cousin and turned up kitted out in his Waterford jersey. All the young lads just stared at him and one of the coaches who used to play for Galway joked with him about what Waterford did to Galway. At least they let him play :D

So close for us. Leading at the start, fighting back and never gave up. Fantastic play from the Deise. Such a shame we didnt walk away with it :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Wicked close match. jesus that ref had me in knots with his stopping every second. great match. Go on the cats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Sully wrote: »
    So close for us. Leading at the start, fighting back and never gave up. Fantastic play from the Deise. Such a shame we didnt walk away with it :/

Good game. Waterford certainly salvaged some pride.

The Cats were always going to win though. You always felt that they could step up a gear if they really needed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

As a Cork supporter, I just wanted to say well done to Waterford on a great display yeaterday. We were all behind you and hoping that you would do it as you deserve it. I was in Croke Park when Cork beat Waterford in the semis and though I was glad Cork won, there was no satisfaction in beating Waterford, as we all felt you deserved more.
    You can hold your heads up and hope you'll get the All-Ireland that's coming to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Geog wrote: »
    As a Cork supporter, I just wanted to say well done to Waterford on a great display yeaterday. We were all behind you and hoping that you would do it as you deserve it. I was in Croke Park when Cork beat Waterford in the semis and though I was glad Cork won, there was no satisfaction in beating Waterford, as we all felt you deserved more.
    You can hold your heads up and hope you'll get the All-Ireland that's coming to you.

Thanks for that Geog. If it's worth anything, the clashes between Waterford and Cork down the years have given us some of the best moments any of us have ever witnessed before on a hurling pitch. While there was that great and intense rivalry that ran from 02-08, I always felt there was still an utmost respect between both sets of players and supporters which was great to see. We brought the best out of each other thats for sure :)

As for yesterday, I can't speak highly enough of the players. Considering all the setbacks we've suffered since September, to come out of the year with hugely encouraging success at underage level and hugely determined and committed performances from the senior panel when the team were apparantly dead in the water is something to be proud of.

Of course its another semi final defeat, but I've never been more optimistic for the future. Bring on 2010!

Advertisement