Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco in Arklow

• 26-07-2009 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

What's the story with Teco closing for 2 days without any kind of notice!!
    :mad::mad::mad:
    I shop reguarly and i like to think there be some notice in the store about this!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maybe they don't like your vibe

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I know my local Tesco closed for 2 days to do changing around of stock and also bringing in the UK products afaik, they put a big sign up for about a week before hand that it would close for 2 days

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Tesco in Carlow are closed today and tomorrow and 'A new improved' store will re-open on Tuesday according to the signs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

Every tesco in the country is closed, will be good to see if there will be much difference when they open again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Maddison

They are bringing down the prices,therefor need to close in order to change price labels,a lot of old stock was removed from the shelves...I wouldnt complain too much...you will be pleased when you see your next shopping bill, I know I was.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

maybe its swine flu related,
    who knows with all the cross border travel the drivers do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Arklow forum --->
    Supermarkets Forum --->
    <---Consumer Issues
    <---Ranting and Raving
    The Cuckoo's Nest
    |
    |
    |
    |
    `
    >

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There would have been multiple signs dotted around the shop OP, you were just too busy shopping to notice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭sdanseo

It's closed because they're reducing the prices by a third. Don't be so angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

super-rush wrote: »
    Tesco in Carlow are closed today and tomorrow and 'A new improved' store will re-open on Tuesday according to the signs
    It's got a new improved even more chocolatey flavour, plus reduced fat.

I still won't shop there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's got a new improved even more chocolatey flavour, plus reduced fat.

I still won't shop there.

Makes two of us. It was handy when it was open 24 hours but now i don't shop there at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

One of the Dun Laoghaire ones closed for two days, my shopping is now a hell of a lot cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Linku

If it's anything like my local Tesco, they're closed to move the Siúcra and Odlums down the bottom shelf and replace them with 'Silver Spoon' and 'Wrights'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Linku wrote: »
    If it's anything like my local Tesco, they're closed to move the Siúcra and Odlums down the bottom shelf and replace them with 'Silver Spoon' and 'Wrights'

And they are also hiding all the potatoes from what i hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I've heard from a reliable source*, that tescos are not reducing their profit margins at all but in fact forcing their suppliers to lower theirs.

*not a reliable source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Dylan69 wrote: »
    What's the story with Teco closing for 2 days without any kind of notice!!
    :mad::mad::mad:
    I shop reguarly and i like to think there be some notice in the store about this!!

There was loads of notice, you just didn't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Also the reductions are no where near as good as claimed. The Consumer Agency shop was only around 10% rather than 33% Tesco claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Whats an Arklow?
    Sounds smelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 PinkLady001

There was a huge big sign right at the door as soon as you walked in.
    There were also signs on the glass front although I think they might have only went up over the weekend. The other one was there for ages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbaymusicman

There was a huge big sign right at the door as soon as you walked in.
    There were also signs on the glass front although I think they might have only went up over the weekend. The other one was there for ages though.

yeah but people didnt come up and shout in his face it was closed haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The prices in my local Tesco were already dropped and I saw no difference... Do I not by enough generic food or something? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Have noticed very good price drops on non-Tesco branded goods,certainly items that I buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

In the Arklow one over the last few weeks they have been moving stuff around. Annoying when all you want is a dozen eggs! Judging by the other comments they must need two days to do it properly now. Also all the tesco's finest or anything remotely luxurious is not there anymore. I guess their "great savings" really means newly sourced cheaper crap No more Charles Worthington hair-gel for my Christys nights out!

Advertisement