Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arklow Tesco

Options
  • 26-07-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭

What's the story with Teco closing for 2 days without any kind of notice!!
    mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
    I shop reguarly and i like to think there be some notice in the store about this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Dylan69 wrote: »
    mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif
    I shop reguarly and i like to think there be some notice in the store about this!!
    Erm, lots of notice, signs at every store that I saw. Stupid doing it at the weekend, though, cos that's when people go shopping :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Wicklow Forum

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Pegasus15

Change for Good is coming to that store :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

All the Tescos in Ireland are going to close for two days at some stage in the next few months to bring in the rolling changes that were promised from earlier in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Triona23 wrote: »
    All the Tescos in Ireland are going to close for two days at some stage in the next few months to bring in the rolling changes that were promised from earlier in the year.
    ... and they need to close the shop for two days just to reduce some prices, why exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If only that was the case......

It's a massive change involving all staff and a lot from other stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Triona23

I'm not sure of exact amount but its something like 13,000 price changes (reductions) its a pretty massive operation.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Alun wrote: »
    ... and they need to close the shop for two days just to reduce some prices, why exactly?

It's not just price reducing. Products are changing too. Some are being removed completely, others added. Planograms ( the layouts on the shelves ) are completely revised for most sections.

Imagine taking the entire stock off the shelves, removing some to the back stores, taking completely new stock in from the back stores, move the shelves around, restock the items according to a new layout across the entire supermarket.

2 days is a minor miracle IMO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Fair enough ... I still won't shop there unless I have no other choice (long story involving the Bray branch!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Tesco Gorey, Wexford and Arklow also closed... should be worth it though, consumers will hopefully get something out of this!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

Dylan69 wrote: »
    mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

You'll find you shopping bill will drop by about 20% tomorrow. I'm sure you'll find that 2 days without tesco will be worth it and that you didn't starve by the time it reopens tomorrow morning.

As for why they can't do it whilst the shop is open - about 80% of prices have been dropped and this involves everything being changed from shelf stickers to tills & computers and checked that its all working properly.

Even I as a cynic, was pleasantly surprised by the new prices and the fact that every irish product i ususally buy is still stocked.

Advertisement