Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Can't See My PC

• 26-07-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭

I have been using Windows Media Player 11 to stream content to my sons Xbox via XP Pro since last Christmas without problem.

All of a sudden it stopped working. The Xbox does not see any of my PC's (which used to be all listed). It just says "PC Not Listed" The XP Pro machine still sees the Xbox.

Nothing (to my knowledge at least) was changed & Internet access is established allowing the Xbox to connect to Xbox Live.

I have searched Google dry & have found that this has happened to many before me but none of the suggested fixes has corrected the problem.

Here are some of the actions I have taken:

(1) Re checked my firewall settings including disabling it temporarily.

(2) Made sure that Windows Media Player, Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service & Microsoft File Sharing and Printing were all allowed.

(3) Disabled media sharing in WMP11 & re enabled it again (again it can see the Xbox).

(4) Stopped the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service via services.msc & deleted the contents of the DRM folder, started the service again.

(5) Set the SSDP Discovery in services.msc to automatic.

(6) Restarted the Xbox, PC & router about 40,000 times :(

I'm all out of ideas at this stage & as it was working flawlessly for the last 7 months I don't want other alternatives like Zune ot TVersity.

I'm looking for any suggestions that might get my existing setup running again.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭steve927

Its a pain in the ar5e when this happens mainly because there is no apparent reason for it. All i can suggest is that you delete all the connections and start the set-up from scratch. Let us know what happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Something like this happened to me a few months ago, i couldnt figure it out. Tried everything and just gave up.
    I think it was some flaw in wmp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Did you ever install Tversity? Afaik that disables WMP sharing and it can be a pita to get it back working again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

This happened me too, worked fine when i was in college, but when i finsihed up there it stopped. Very annoying, but havent given it alot of time to try and fix it yet. Havent installed anything new or anything.

Advertisement