Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zavvi is replaced

Options
  • 26-07-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭

anyone know when the new shop where zavvi was is opening, saw them stocking shelves today. tis called directors cut or something

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Are they looking for staff?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

It looks like one of those huge discount dvd stores. Probably a temporary place.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

3737903813_e7700c1db3.jpg

I didn't see any help wanted signs up last week - I'll have a look when I pass tomorrow. Presumably they'll need staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dennisc24

In that photo above, the middle green poster is the help wanted sign. I hope it's not one of those sh**e scobie places like that €2 shop that's in where Mango used to be. Looks decent enough though.

• Advertisement

dennisc24 wrote: »
    In that photo above, the middle green poster is the help wanted sign.

oops. I looked at the door for the sign, not the , well sign.

attached a crop showing the help wanted in detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭johncm

Faith wrote: »
    Are they looking for staff?!

saw this on gumtree http://cork.gumtree.ie/cork/79/41287779.html i presume its them

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Amazed a well known high street outlet didn't move in there, it's a great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Do these guys have stores anywhere else in the country?

And does anyone know when it's opening? Lookin forward to it, although hard to imagine they have enough stock to fill the entire old Virgin store with DVDs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

I noticed the video shop at Supervalu near the Lough, has been renamed as "Director's Cut". Is this just a name change for some local chain ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Daisy D

You know it could very well be the same people from Zavvi. Because of Woolworths Zavvi shut there doors because of something to do with Woolworths being their main provider. But I think it could be the same people after finding a new supplier?? no?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

When I saw the name of the place first I thought it was a hairdressers :p.

But if they can offer a good price for games and dvd's, they should do well. They're in a great location. I wish them luck.
    plazzTT wrote: »

And does anyone know when it's opening? Lookin forward to it, although hard to imagine they have enough stock to fill the entire old Virgin store with DVDs?

Who knows? Maybe they have a huge vintage collection of classic titles? There's a few movies I'd love to see that I can never find anywhere except online.

they have one in Kilarney outlet centre. It's not great, though it is the only b&m place I've seen stocking American Chopper dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

@deRanged

what are there game prices like?

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    @deRanged

what are there game prices like?

I can't remember to be honest. I do remember getting a nice deal on guitar hero at one stage, and I think they're reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

The shop will be opened next weekend. My sister thought that it had opened already so when we were in town the other day we headed over to it, a staff member was coming out the door at the time and said that they would be opening at the weekend.

P.S. I don't work there and realise that people get suspicious of one-post posters (in relation to advertising etc). I'm a long time lurker, decided to make the leap and finally register cos for once I have semi relevant info to post!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

welcome :p

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Yea in the Killarney outlet, the DVD/CD shop in there is called Directors Cut so I presume its the same company...the logo looks the same too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Big Tone wrote: »
    Yea in the Killarney outlet, the DVD/CD shop in there is called Directors Cut so I presume its the same company...the logo looks the same too.
    ..Oh i been in there once or twice.it's beyond crap to say the least!i'd say the one opening will be better though

..Oh i been in there once or twice.it's beyond crap to say the least!i'd say the one opening will be better though

I rarely got anything good there and some of their stuff is overpriced but with one exception, some of the DVD box sets are good and can cost as little as €6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cr@p is what you could desribe most if not all of the shops in Killarney "Outlet" centre.

Cr@p is what you could desribe most if not all of the shops in Killarney "Outlet" centre.

True to a certain extent. The Nike shop can be good for bargains in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Never found any tbh, its all over priced reject stuff from the states and europe

Never found any tbh, its all over priced reject stuff from the states and europe

I was in a Nike store in the States but they laughed me out of it in a New York store when I told them I was looking for a size 17 runner....some time later took a trip down to Killarney, lo and behold there they were and at a discount price, nothing flawed about them either!

Advertisement