Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRAGUS PIERCING HELP!!!!

Options
  • 26-07-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I got my tragus pierced about two and a half wks ago. But last wk i noticed a small lump on the back of my piercing and today i'v noticed a smaller one on the front.
    I clean it twice a day with a dedicated ear care soloution.
    It's not causing me any pain but i feel a small pinch when i clean it.
    I really love this piercing and don't wanna have to take it out.
    Iv been thru various other threads about this but all i seem to find is horror stories =(

Please help....:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

They're not all that uncommon, a few of my piercings tend to get lumps around them when I'm sick, when it's cold, when it's warm, when I eat an uneven number of cheerios, when I hear Westlife more than once in a day, when somebody in Home & away gets pregnant etc etc. Just keep cleaning it and it should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wonderingabout

:D Thanks..
    any tips on whats the best to use for cleaning??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Sea salt solution!

About a quarter teaspoon of sea salt (must be sea salt!) to a pint of boiled water, then let the water cool down to a comfy temperature.

Dip a lump of cotton in the water and hold it around the piercing for a while when you're watching TV or interwebbing or anything. I usually hold it for about 10 minutes before I get bored / my arm gets tired. When I do that every day the lumps usually clear up within a few days.

:) Brilliant, thanks a mill =)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Sofaspud wrote: »
    Sea salt solution!

About a quarter teaspoon of sea salt (must be sea salt!) to a pint of boiled water, then let the water cool down to a comfy temperature.

Dip a lump of cotton in the water and hold it around the piercing for a while when you're watching TV or interwebbing or anything. I usually hold it for about 10 minutes before I get bored / my arm gets tired. When I do that every day the lumps usually clear up within a few days.

+1. Also, if it's sore or tender, cool a chamomile teabag and rest it on the piercing for a few mins - will take any swelling etc down. Good luck with it!

• Advertisement

ok lump on the back has gotten bigger =(
    I know i should go back to the piercer but i dont know what els he can tell me except clean & care for it!
    Should i be cleaning it with something else as wel as the sea salt & any tips on how exactly to clean the inside of the ear??
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

When a friend of mine got her tragus pierced she had a lump on it too and the piercer gave her a cream to put on it, I think it was Zinc cream or something like that. I'll ask her and find out because it cleared up the lump pretty quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Zinc cream can help yes, i've found it very difficult to come by though. im still taking zinc tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Dragonz_Rawr

Stop using whatever the cleaning product is that the piercer gave you. Some of them can be quite harsh...just use sea salt and a chamomile compress (not together obviously :D)

Are you sleeping on it? That can cause the bump, as can playing with it.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

i had had the same problem with my tragus piercing,it was a small lump at the front,as suggested i was using hot water and salt and holding a cotton bud over it for as long as i could,
    it took me a few weeks to realise it was my headphones moving the piercing and creating the lump:o,
    when i stopped using them the piercing was fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I had this problem with both of my tragus piercings. The only thing that fixed it was salt soaking religiously (twice a day, ten minutes a time, with my ear and tragus FULLY submerged), never touching it unless it was totally necessary, and generally just making sure it was not irritated, ever. There was no instant gratification, it took time for the bumps to go away, but they did eventually.

thanks for all the advice =)

However lumps Are both getting bigger even tho they are being soaked twice daily with ss.

I think il give that zinc a go & hold out for another bit.
    Fingers crossed

:(

would ya not hit up your piercer and see what they say?

ya im gonna do it monday seein as things are gettin bad, jus dont know what he'll say thats any different !

He/She will be able to see it in person and advise you better than anyone here

i know jus wanted to hear peoples experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

When I spoke to my piercer about lumps on piercings (my boyfriend got one around his nose and it wouldn't go away) he said that if you just came in he'd be able to get rid of it properly for you.

So give it a shot, he/she might be able to fix it for you depending on what it's like. Also depends on who the piercer is some of them are better than others with customer service.

Advertisement