Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i dont like cricket but..

• 26-07-2009 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

i need to get a game for the xbox.. does one exist or like rugby is there not one made for the xbox..

if theres any change on the rugby front let me know aswell.

thank you thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

There's the Ashes 2009 game out soon, demo up on live now. There's also a Brian Lara Cricket game that's been out for a couple of years, dunno if either are any good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

No rugby games unfortunately. The latest rugby game was on the Xbox (think it was Rugby 2007 or 2006). Supposed to be fairly crap though.

Ashes 2009 is out soon, and the only reason I know this is that it's all over the top shelf in HMV. Guess they don't alter their planograms for Ireland and I can't see this being a popular title over here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Brian Lara cricket is pretty good fun. Haven't played it in ages though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Yeah Ashes 2009 out on August 8th or something like that but as someone else said the demo's up on Live.

I have the latest game before that which is Brian Lara Cricket 2007. It's fairly good, better multiplayer but I do actually like the sport anyway so take that into consideration before you buy any of them. That game should be cheap to get your hands on, ~€10-20 if you want to try it out before you shell out full price on something you're not sure you'll like, think I saw it in Xtra-vision for €15 a couple of weeks back but should be easy to get off the internet anyway.

They only bring them out every 2-4 years when there's a world cup on or a major test series like The Ashes that has already sparked public interest. EA had a stab at making a series but havn't heard much from them in a year or two in any form of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

You'll get Brian Lara for 10 quid in xtra vision if I remember correctly, preowned though. Then you get a second for half price.

• Advertisement
Advertisement