Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 26-07-2009 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Not sure i'm in the right forum but...
    My little cousin was using my computer when I was out and was on a load of dodgy free game websites etc now websites like facebook etc just wont load.
    It just says "can't diplay webpage"
    I tried to troubleshoot it but windows couldn't diagnose any problems.
    What should I do

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Which ISP provider are you using because Vodafone/Perlico/Eircom customers have been experiencing outages since yesterday and it's still ongoing. It is affecting certain websites particularly ones outside of Ireland including Facebook. This maybe your problem rather than your cousin. Check other threads in the broadband forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 forpaddyde

Probably not your cousins fault, try accessing:
    www.ubuntu.com
    www.boxee.tv
    www.drbig.co.uk
    www.digg.com

If you can't access those sites, among others, then it is an ISP issue.
    I'm with Vodafone at home.
    Same thing happened about a month(?) ago and in the end it turned out it was the DNS server attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭HouseHippo

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Which ISP provider are you using because Vodafone/Perlico/Eircom customers have been experiencing outages since yesterday and it's still ongoing. It is affecting certain websites particularly ones outside of Ireland including Facebook. This maybe your problem rather than your cousin. Check other threads in the broadband forum
    Ah ok. I am on Perlico. Didn't hear about those outages. Thanks alot!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

HouseHippo wrote: »
    Ah ok. I am on Perlico. Didn't hear about those outages. Thanks alot!
    Things looking good for me in Dublin now with Vodafone at home. premature "Hurrah!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

HouseHippo wrote: »
    Not sure i'm in the right forum but...
    My little cousin was using my computer when I was out and was on a load of dodgy free game websites etc now websites like facebook etc just wont load.
    It just says "can't diplay webpage"
    I tried to troubleshoot it but windows couldn't diagnose any problems.
    What should I do
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055302580

try some of the steps listed here to get rid of most malware etc that may have been left by those awful flash based games sites

• Advertisement
Advertisement