Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

completion of green card - applying for long term residency?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi. I have completed my 2 year Green Card and I have just received a stamp 4 permitting me a further one year stay in Ireland. I believe parliament has yet to approve the Immigration, Residence and Protection Bill 2008. My question is if I have to wait for this Bill to pass before I can apply for Long Term Residency? If so, does anyone know the approx time frame for this bill? I also heard that you can write a letter to Irish Immigrations requesting long term residency since the bill has not been passed. Does anyone know if this is true? Its hard to get any straight information from anyone so any extra information would be appreciated.

Advertisement