Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Bridge woes :(

• 26-07-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have a really annoying problem , after month of silverness with out issue i go gold to play some games and im hit with constant disconnects.

The setup: Provider is UPC 20mb standard set up netgear router down stairs , and im upstairs literally sitting on top of it as its directly below the pc (one thin wooden floor to go through) so i have my desktop wirelessly connected to that up here. and and using the standard bridge setup to connect the xbox to the pc and from there to live.

I'm running vista on the pc - native and open dns have been tried, 2 different wireless adapters have been tried on the pc , dlink and atheros. Internet on PC is rock solid and signal is 100%. The disconnects from live are pretty consistant in that it happens after 10 -15 minutes, if i exit to the dash it reconnects straight away :mad: firewalls etc have been disabled and anything else that may block stuff. OS was rebuilt 2 months ago and still the issue happens. Power saving is also disabled on the network adapters.

I've googled the **** out of this and got no answers .

The only other thing i have yet to try which is unlikely to work is that I have a Dlink access point i might or might not be able to configure on the pc to connect to the wireless network then slip into the xbox's ethernet port .

Note: using long cables or buying an xbox adapter are off the table im afraid :(

So any suggestions people

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

I use a powerline adaptor which gives me super sweet speed through the electricity system in my house. Might be worth a shot? Around €99 or so for two units but you could find cheaper.

I also have a static IP assigned to my 360 and pinholes through my router directed to my 360 static IP.

Advertisement