Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching kids how to draw?

Options
  • 26-07-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious if there is a useful book or online resource that anyone has used to teach their kids to draw. he will be starting school this year and has done the usual arts and crafts stuff, but as I can only draw at a poor 8 year old level so I'd need to follow some kind of plan. cheers!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I don't think you don't need to be good or to have a plan! in our house drawing is just part of everyday life.. the pencils/ crayon box have pretty much taken up residence on the kitchen table. My eldest will draw whatever is on her mind... ie I took them to a pony jumping and dog show which meant about 3 days of ponies and cute dog drawings. The youngest tends to draw a lot of cars :D which have evolved from being 2 circles with a blob around them to being now quite complex with numbers and spoilers etc:D. If they've watched a dvd I encourage them to draw pictures of the characters...if we've been to the pool they go and draw kids in a pool etc...
    They love to draw ( or see me draw) familiar things.... e.g just drawing our house went down well at that age. It didn't have to look exactly like our house :P but with the shed in the right place, red door, daddy's car in the drive etc...

Advertisement