Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Physical Damage Free Under Warranty?

• 26-07-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I bought a Nokia E71 from o2 last May. The phone is still covered under the manufacturers guarantee.

23k45mf.jpg

Basically, the power button is out of place due to a few cracks and dents next to it. It happened at a football match last month. Wasn't accidental, a few random youths thought it would be okay to push and shove people around. I got a knee into my leg which hit the phone. When I looked at my phone, the crack appeared and a little piece next to the power button came off (that can be seen in the picture)

The power button is also a little worn out because of me trying everything to turn the phone off. I have turned it off and on before.

My question is will will Nokia repair the damage for free? Because it looks to me that the phone will have to be replaced.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sorry, no damage is not covered. If you had insurance that may cover it policy dependent.

Why does it look like the phone be replaced? A new housing would do the job. Is the button actually working, just out of place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Davy wrote: »
    Sorry, no damage is not covered. If you had insurance that may cover it policy dependent.

Why does it look like the phone be replaced? A new housing would do the job. Is the button actually working, just out of place?

I didn't take out any seperate insurance, just the 12 month limited manufacturers guarantee which comes with all phones.I still have the receipt as well

The button does work, it's just getting the red power button into the right position that's the problem :p.

I'll probably have to send it back because I can't get the cover off myself.

EDIT
    Googled about removing the cover and it looks easy. All I need is a T5 screwdriver. Should be able to pick that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You would need a T5 and T6 screwdriver to take the housing off. You could do it yourself if you wanted, but getting someone else would be quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Davy wrote: »
    You would need a T5 and T6 screwdriver to take the housing off. You could do it yourself if you wanted, but getting someone else would be quicker.

I'll take a chance and try it myself. If anything Nokia will probably charge a lot so it's not worth it if the button is simply out of place. I'll pick up those screwdrivers tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭darcy.jonny

basically put it this way ...........

if you bought a car and crashed it would the garage fix it for u for free because they gave you a guarantee?? of course not

so the way to fix the car is by insurance , if u dont have insurance then uve to pay urself or fix it urself . i work for a sales company and you wouldnt believe to ammount of times im asked that question

imagine how much it would cost companies if damage was covered by the guarantee , it would put a lot of them out of business .

and from experience if some1 offers you insurance on a phone etc take it . dont think about the extra cost of it on ur pocket because replacing the phone will be far much more and phones are something at some point or another we will end up breaking ......... ild say theres more of us that have broke them than have not................ ive smashed 2 iphones thus far . (wont be getting another )

• Advertisement
Advertisement