Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jurys inn galway wtf???

Options
  • 26-07-2009 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

hi all,
    i received a gift voucher for my wedding to the value of 150euros-i have been looking to maybe spend a weekend with my wife and two year old daughter in galway this weekend-but for 2 nights in galway is E578,Cork is E150,Dublin(custom House)is E206
    WTF is the deal with the huge price increase for Galway?i realise also its a bank holiday weekend,but ive checked as far as april 2010 and Galway is double the price even then-
    can anyone explain this to me
    regards
    niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Galway races

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hard Shaw

The Galway hotel will be dearer regardless. Hotels in Galway just are. Best avoiding the city if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The Galway Races are on and prices get crazy stupid in the town because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭niallo76

i understand this but even at other times in the year Galway seems to be the most expensive Jurys Inn in the world?not to keen on staying in Jurys but i gotta use up this dang voucher-do u think i should just get a cheaper hotel and load up on Jurys pringles and beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

niallo76 wrote: »
    i understand this but even at other times in the year Galway seems to be the most expensive Jurys Inn in the world?not to keen on staying in Jurys but i gotta use up this dang voucher-do u think i should just get a cheaper hotel and load up on Jurys pringles and beer

Galway is a prime location & Jury's Inn is in a prime location in galway as well. Hence its popularity & highish price. Try staying midweek in september @ €69 / night or as you say, use it for meal / drinks whilst you stay in another location.

• Advertisement
Advertisement