Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice On First Car?

• 26-07-2009 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, just learning how to drive and i'm just wondering what would be the best and cheapest 1.0 car to buy? Thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

best and cheapest are pretty much opposites.

the cheaper ones are cheap for a reason!

Micra will be very reliable, most have power steering plenty of choice out there too, so you're sure to find one for whatever your budget is.

Don't buy into the VW Polo thing, they're nowhere near as reliable as a Micra or Yaris, despite what VW fanboys will have you believe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Cheers mate.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

1. micra
    2. yaris
    3. starlet (although dont look great)

that would be my list, i would choose the micra out of the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ford Fiesta 1.25 litre is a pretty reliable car, nippy enough too. They are reasonably priced, cheap to service, parts are not expensive and plentiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

And would it make a difference pricewise if i was trying to get insured on the Micra considering I'm young and only learning? What would be a reasonable price to get insured on it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Redzer7 wrote: »
    And would it make a difference pricewise if i was trying to get insured on the Micra considering I'm young and only learning? What would be a reasonable price to get insured on it?

you'll have to ask the insurance companies that Redzer7.
    go online and try a few to get a rough idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

K11 or K12 Micra all the way!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Why wouldn't I be able to drive a Nissan GTR even if I ever got the chance? I swore never to get in a [CENSORED] Nissan again after learning to drive in an 03(?) [CENSORED] Micra. Micra FTEF! :(

Ford Fiesta is fun and practical, new-type Corsa is good too but probably way out of your (or my!) price range. Don't touch a feckin' 'Cento with a bargepole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

forget micras

theres a polo in blackwater motors, 1000e

as per locked thread, people bickering about it but it seems a steal

side note: should there be a bloody sticky

" first car, help"

" advice on 1st car"

"hello, i am buying a first car...!"

"ummm what do i buy"

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

don't forget micras.