Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vicente del Bosque

• 26-07-2009 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

I'm sure that some of you will need reminding that Vicente del Bosque is the guy who recently won his first 10 games as an international manager (for Spain); and that he also managed Real Madrid through their most successful period in modern history, winning: 2 European Cups; 2 Leagues; 1 UEFA Supercup; 1 Spanish Supercup; and 1 Intercontinental Cup (and all in just three years)...

...isn't that the genius of the guy?; that we never hear about him and he keeps to himself. He's proving again that he's a fantastic manager.

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Guy got a serious blackguarding from Madrid. The beginning of their decline was getting shot of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

flahavaj wrote: »
    Guy got a serious blackguarding from Madrid. The beginning of their decline was getting shot of him.

Indeed, in one season they went from La Liga winners and CL semiinalists, unlucky to not win the thing outright, a real force in Europe. They then decide it'll be a great idea to sack the manager, sell Makelele and buy David Beckham. They finish 4th and get knocked out of the CL by their own player because he wasn't galactico enough. I don't think I ever stopped laughing at that season from Real, it's what makes football beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I actually meant to mention just that - that he got sacked literaly minutes after winning the Spanih league. I think it was Perez who sacked him too (the guy who just bought [wanker] Ronaldo and Kaka).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Quality manager!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Kevster wrote: »
    I'm sure that some of you will need reminding that Vicente del Bosque is the guy who recently won his first 10 games as an international manager (for Spain);
    yeah..but then they lost 2-0 to the USA. :p

Quality manager though... He disappeared for a few years alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

His sacking at Madrid was such a farce. I think he'll lead Spain to world cup glory to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

is this just a thread to tell people that del bosque is a good manager? im kinda confused

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Helix wrote: »
    is this just a thread to tell people that del bosque is a good manager? im kinda confused

Met him en-route to Istanbul in 05. Champion guy & lifelong red:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We love Vincete and his expression.

95867_cd135-potato-head.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

Del Bosque went about his job quietly and modestly. He had tremendous success but at Real Madrid that meant nothing. He came up the ranks in the club over the years and was in charge of the youth setup if I recall. In the end, politics always triumphs at Real.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Helix wrote: »

Yeh, that was the idea behind it. I just respect that type of person who gets on with his job in football and does very weel at it too. Other names that spring to mind are Scholes and Giggs of course, not to mention Denis Irwin. No no, I'm not a Man U fan... ...(Everton, actually (and Barcelona, ironically)).

Advertisement