Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you plug in the laptop in train to Dublin?

• 27-07-2009 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

my laptop's battery is very weak i have to work mostly plugged in
    i am going to dublin by train.
    can i plug the laptop ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Depends on the class of train. The new Intercity railcar ones have sockets for each seat. The older ones generally only have a single socket at each end of the car, or have none at all. Assuming you're coming from Galway you'll probably get a 22000 Intercity railcar.

You can on the new fancy trains

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Basically on the Sligo, Westport, Galway, Waterford routes the answer is yes.

On the Limerick and Kerry routes if it is a direct train then the answer is yes.

On Dublin/Cork and Dublin/Belfast only in first class.

And on Rosslare I'm afraid not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Zoney

Also, sometimes even when told there are sockets for each seat on the new railcars, folks haven't found them. They are on the wall just under the tables (right under it - not further down towards the floor).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

KC61 wrote: »
    Basically on the Sligo, Westport, Galway, Waterford routes the answer is yes.

On the Limerick and Kerry routes if it is a direct train then the answer is yes.

On Dublin/Cork and Dublin/Belfast only in first class.

And on Rosslare I'm afraid not!

Dublin/Cork have sockets at each end of each carriage. At the toilet end of the carriage, the socket is located in the corridor outside the toilet, a normal laptop lead will stretch just far enough to the single seat at the end of the carriage to work. The other socket is a double power point behind the last seat at the far end of the carriage, same side as the toilet.

Note: Its not unusual to find a gadget freak in everyone of these seats, usually charging multiple devices at once!

My experience of Belfast / Dublin is no sockets anywhere. I have travelled in two classes (economy and first / business) on the enterprise service and was pretty miffed to find no sockets at all considering it sells itself as a business service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement