Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Night Fast Food in the city

Options
  • 27-07-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭

Anywhere decent open now? Even McDonalds....just dont say Hillbilly's (shudders)....thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

McD's on Graton St is 24/7.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Fast al's next to the GPO. Savage pizza.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

Which McDonalds is 24 hour? cos i know there is 2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

allin-king wrote: »
    just dont say Hillbilly's (shudders)....thanks!
    Only foreigners and girls can't handle Hillbillys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Nothing beats a filthy kebab from the Indian Moon or the indian on McCurtain Street.

There are 24 hr McDonalds now???

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Nothing beats a filthy kebab from the Indian Moon or the indian on McCurtain Street.

There are 24 hr McDonalds now???

Indeed there are!
    allin-king wrote: »
    Which McDonalds is 24 hour? cos i know there is 2

Only one on Grafton Street is near the bottom opposite AIB; there's two Burger King's and one or both of them are late openers as well. The McD's and BK on O'Connell St nearest the bridge are 24hr too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

sdonn wrote: »
    Indeed there are!

Only one on Grafton Street is near the bottom opposite AIB; there's two Burger King's and one or both of them are late openers as well. The McD's and BK on O'Connell St nearest the bridge are 24hr too.

You know you're in the Cork City forum, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Went to Speedy Gonzales on Friday night and got a nice burrito that was filling and quick! I recommend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

There's a fast al's on north main st too, few doors up from captain america's. It's really good, pizza's so nice after being out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

The subway on the street perpendicular to washington street is now open till at least 3am.

• Advertisement

Faith wrote: »
    You know you're in the Cork City forum, right?

*facepalm

I would have replied sooner but I wasn't wasting my 2,000th post in the Cork forum :pac:

D-Generate wrote: »
    Went to Speedy Gonzales on Friday night and got a nice burrito that was filling and quick! I recommend!

Where is that?

It is actually nice as well to get a roll from Centra on Grand Parade as well. Something which is not utterly grease filled can do the job from time to time.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote: »
    Only foreigners and girls can't handle Hillbillys.

Or people who sleep in an enclosed room. Seriously, the emanations from people who've eaten Hillbillys food in the previous 24 hours or so are eye-wateringly nasty. I can only imagine the horror of waking up with a hangover, grimacing at the stench, and then discovering that it's coming from your own hole.

Fast Al's pizza is great stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

There's a fast al's on north main st too, few doors up from captain america's. It's really good, pizza's so nice after being out!

The smell passing the place makes me want to vom though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Love Fast Als haven't eaten in the GPO one yet, is it the exact same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

It is nice, but the pizza by the slice near the Bierhaus is nicer.

^ Uncle Petes is the job. Quite expensive for takeaway pizza, but very worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Illkillya wrote: »
    It is nice, but the pizza by the slice near the Bierhaus is nicer.

I'm never up that way.

What's fast Al's now €3.50? How much if this other place?

Kazbah wrote: »
    I'm never up that way.

What's fast Al's now €3.50? How much if this other place?

Fast Al's is €3.50 (I think €4 with a coke?) and the other place, last I was there, was €2.50 per slice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭gccorcaigh

Aodan83 wrote: »
    Fast al's next to the GPO. Savage pizza.

Fast Als is on South Main Street, is there another one near the GPO now??. Falafal Als next door is also nice. LOVE Fast Als though, always worth the queue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Centra on Grand Parade is where its at.

Maybe a bit of a pizza slice or a sandwich. Or a croissant if you fell like looking smart.

And then Sam and Dans. YUUM

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

For 1.50 in Bratislava I got 3 slices of Pizza that far surpassed Fast Al's quality. We're really getting ripped off here :(

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    For 1.50 in Bratislava I got 3 slices of Pizza that far surpassed Fast Al's quality. We're really getting ripped off here :(

Average salary in Bratislava is also like €1k per month. Fast Al pizza slices are pretty big, I definitely wouldn't call it a rip off, although €2.50 is a better price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Student Special in Fast Als is handy enough, a slice of pizza and a can for €3.50.

Speedy Gonzalez is next to Fast Als on North Main St.

Advertisement