Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xubunto 8.10 on Ps3

• 27-07-2009 1:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

Howdy,

I'm a complete newb at Linux. But as my home computer just packed in. Rather than buy a new one I'd set up a partition on my ps3.

So I had a quick google about and I settled on xubunto (sic?). So burned it's iso to a disk and booted her up. Very easy. No problems.

Now that it's installed I ve mo idea what to do. Firstly the resolution is crap. So I tried to fix it with ps3videomode -v etc etc but that doesn't seem to work. It's so bad that if I look at the screen for more than five mins I start to feel a bit dizzy. How do I rectify this problem. Is it the tv or should I wipe it and try a new distribution? Is xbunuto a difficult one to work etc etc. I really am lost at sea here. Funnily I thought the installation would be the hard part.

Any help or tips would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i say you just went with the wrong distro
    YDL was designed for specifically ps3
    ive tried it, (ydl6 last year) and tbh linux doesn't really work on ps3, it doesn't get enough access to the hardware, i wouldn't recommend it to replace a pc or laptop,

http://us.fixstars.com/products/ydl/

but i now see on the website ydl 6.2 is out since last month
    do tell us how it is, maybe it has improved
    :D

Advertisement