Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'm 90% sure you'll need a PEQ for that. Very few RIS systems of any sort will take a battery pack. The only thing throwing me from saying that one certainly want is the split design. In some cases, split ones will take nunchuck or mini packs, depending on the depth of the belly of the RIS. For safety, order a PEQ-2 (or a -15 if you want to go Li-Po) while you're ordering the RIS. They're dirt cheap and you'll always have it as a back up on the off chance you don't need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

The only ris kits that can take a battery, are the CASV, S system, and one obscure ris set thath ad a cut out for a battery...

the split design is the standard m4a1 ris set, (kac style) It is designed to fit on the the m4a1 rifle without replacing anything but the handguards and using the gas tube to stop itself rotating.

That set will not take a battery, you do require a peq :)

I bow to your wisdom, I was sure I'd seen a split rail system that had a slightly enlarged belly piece to allow for nunchuck batteries.

the space required would be quite large. That doesnt exist ' to my best knowlage'

Not for a nunchuck neccesarily. Using one of narrower nunchuck packs, you could just about squeeze it into a good sized RIS as it is.

• Advertisement

squeezing it till bits of battery leak out doesnt constitute fitting dex ;)

Haha, smart arse.
    I've done it, albeit on a single piece RIS with no heat shield, and the Top Tech HK416 uses the same cell size pack in a very tight fitting RIS.
    You're so negative, why is that? The glass is half full, not half empty. Though, in this case, swap the glass for a RIS...

you'd be this negative if you'd had that many ar15 parts and attempted all these things before :P

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭kevinw07

Thanks lads , i will be using a li-po but just to be safe i'll order a peq aswell.

with a lipo you're better off wiring it back and putting it in the stock tube... theres more space.
    Hell i used a normal stick battery in the stocktube of my old m4 :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Stock tube batteries were the holy grail back when lipo's were first being brought in, if its possible now, get it done. Your local shop should be able to do the re-wiring if you aren't confident to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

the g&g h&k 416 model can take a battery in the ris. i find it slow to do but i can get a nunchuck in it....and since i despise the peq battery boxes it suits me.

Stock tube batteries were the holy grail back when lipo's were first being brought in, if its possible now, get it done. Your local shop should be able to do the re-wiring if you aren't confident to.
    If you leave it extended... one can fit a regular 8.4 stick in :D i did on my l119a1 i made years ago...

I hate peq's too :D

Advertisement