Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so like street fighter 4...the joystick

Options
  • 27-07-2009 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

now i can honestly say i played ST right from the start, but $149 for a controller?! its crazy!
    their doing a promo here for it it and its crazy, also im considering since im too lazy which is better the ps3 or 360 version and no i dont want a console war all i want to know which is better on what.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

same

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

what are you talking about? You don't need to pay $149 for a stick, you can play SFIV fine with a PS3 or 360 stock controller. If you want to get a little better you could buy a €10 Saturn pad off ebay for the PS3, and there are sticks WAY under that price that are just as good for an intermediate player:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catz-Street-Fighter-Arcade-FightStick/dp/B001M22VCU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248688787&sr=8-3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

i know that but what im saying is the price is crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

magick wrote: »
    now i can honestly say i played ST right from the start, but $149 for a controller?! its crazy!

Wow, it's like that movie Frequency, except magick is contacting us from 6 months ago.

Duke Nukem Forever gets cancelled in May. People now travel in tubes. Don't use this info to change the future. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Fnz wrote: »
    Wow, it's like that movie Frequency, except magick is contacting us from 6 months ago.

Duke Nukem Forever gets cancelled in May. People now travel in tubes. Don't use this info to change the future. :pac:

too late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

too late!

Argh! What haveyou done? these creatures hvaeeddsssssssssss

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

too late!

lol, I've been playing way too much SFIV... when I read that post I heard it in my head like Zangief was saying it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FOR MOTHER RUSSIA!!
    TOO LATE! ULTIMATE. ATOMIC. BUSTAAAAH!!

Oh, and for those who don't want to pay €150 (LOL): Amazon is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

i know that but what im saying is the price is crazy

If you can get it at 125 dollars which sites seem to be dropping it to, it's pretty favourably comparable to buying a nice custom stick with Sanwa/Seimitsu components - however most gamers have no need for that.

edit: And I'd recommend the 360 version over the PS3, far as I know it has a larger online playerbase. They play exactly the same though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi guys is that controller for 55 really any good?

also will a fight stick improve your gameplay?

also can i use those fightsticks with the new tekken game when its released?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Which one for 55?

The fightstick will greatly improve your play. However it will take you a good while to see any improvement. It takes a good while to get used to it but after a few goes in training modes you'll be good to go.

Also it will work with Tekken but real men don't play scrub games like tekken.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The game was designed to be played with an Arcade stick.

If you play a IL2 with a KB and mouse someone with a flightstick is going to destroy you even if you are better simply as he has more fluid control of his plane.

Same with SF4/ fighting games if you gonna play and try to win more games than you lose then you need an Arcade stick, no gamepad is going to come close to the inch perfect control you need to control an arcade fighter without an arcade fighting stick.

Thank god Ps2 Hori sticks work perfectly on pc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Oh no you di'int!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Which one for 55?

The fightstick will greatly improve your play. However it will take you a good while to see any improvement. It takes a good while to get used to it but after a few goes in training modes you'll be good to go.

real men dont play scrub games like tekken??:mad:

in most opinions real men dont lose to little girls:p

sorry had to say that there you left yourself wide open:eek:

linky http://www.amazon.co.uk/Catz-Street-Fighter-Arcade-FightStick/dp/B001M22VCU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1248688787&sr=8-3

BTW i loved tekken series!

thanks for the advice though;)

someone on thread pointed a fightstick out for 55!

one of the first posts!

tbh i had lost hope with the controller just so hard to do combos etc but dying to try one of these out now;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

real men dont play scrub games like tekken??:mad:

in most opinions real men dont lose to little girls:p

Touche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 bradshawfella

Anyone know what the madcatz fightsticks are retailing for now in the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

well i bought this on launch but i'll not be playing it as i know it pretty much demands a quality chunk of arcade cabinet..

but anyone know of a sanwa/ hori on a par with the Madcatz TE but WIRELESS?! as i run my PS3 from outside the room

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Joypad is goin for 25 euro in HMV

I remember mine cost me 60+, and I had to order that off ebay cause you couldnt get them for love nor money in shops

I got the mad catz fightpad. Not great to be honest! The D-pad is a bit of a joke, especially with any jumping forward or back. Very unresponsive I find. Glad I didn't buy one when they were sold out and flooded on EBAY, 60 quid a pop.

I'll have a look in town tomorrow for the Tournament Edition stick, I think I saw them in HMV a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,475 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Said this over in the fighting forum y'day, but the Hori Ex2 fight sticks for 360 are being sold off cheaply in Game Illac (think someone said they were down to 35 euro). The sticks aren't as good as the TE of course, and the LB and RB buttons are slightly awkward because it isn't eight button. But if you're looking for a beginners stick and don't want to splash out for the TE (still over 150 in HMV, cheaper online) it is great value. I've had mine for the best part of a year now and it has served me very well indeed. Good value to get you used to a joystick, and you can always move on up if you feel the need! For an extra tenner, it is definitely better value than the FightPad in HMV (I have one too, better than the 360 pad but the arcade stick is the way to go!).

Found the fightpads to be horrendous as well.

I was pretty good in the arcades with Street Fighter 2 when I was a nipper so I might risk the tournament stick at some stage. There's a lot of depth to SF4 / Super SF4 which I think is hindered by the crappy joypads, a lot of the trials are a nightmare to pull off with the joypad and online is a disaster at the moment. May give that Hori stick a try, thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

their doing a promo here for it it and its crazy, also im considering since im too lazy which is better the ps3 or 360 version and no i dont want a console war all i want to know which is better on what.

PS3 rockssssssss Xbox360 sucksssss ass. All Xboxers are ghey!:D
    Sorry couldn't resist and i also apologise for having absolutly nothing positive productive or helpful to add to this thread I'm just a bit bored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Having both consoles , the 360 controller is by far more comfortable and imo better for fps games, however i find the ps3 joypad superior for fighting games.

Shammy wrote: »
    however i find the ps3 joypad superior for fighting games.

It may be superior but it's still rubbish and practically unuseable for fighting games so not exactly a plus point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My shovel hands can't stand the PS3 joypad. Its way too small. Although it is handy that you can use it on the pc without anything other then a small download.

Advertisement