Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

youre a hollywood director in waterford.......

• 27-07-2009 7:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

with infinite amounts of cash now you have to make a move about waterford and name it so whats it gonna be?!

mine ?

"the siege"

plot waterford v cromwell

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

my film would be the gritty true story of how one man single handedly held a city to ransom

it would simply be called ....."McCANN't"

how about a war film about the backstabbing and espionage that went on behind the scenes ofthe citys second river crossing.

"the bridge over the river suir"

or a epic battle film about the battle of thurles where the tribesman were mugged by the the battling deise

"dan digs out the deise"

or maybe a new transformers film about a waterford transformer who can not only transform into a formidable fighting machine but also has an opinion on absolutely everything

" transformers 3 rise of MULTIVAN"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

or how about a film about an unstoppable ginger android sent from the future to do battle with all who stand before him..............

the mullane-inator
    tag-line: i'll be back boy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Rotting Hill
    The story of a once-vibrant area where a proud hotel stood above all others and provided entertainment with a view of a beautiful city, but is now seen as an eyesore that may never be replaced.

Sullys Lot
    An eclectic group of internet discussion board geeks try to save their city with a range of brilliant ideas that will ultimately never be acted on.

Hood Robbin'
    A contradiction to the Hero of Sherwood Forest's mantra - robbing the rich to feed the poor. In this comical farce, Harvey, a powerful tycoon in a dying city, tries to relieve the citizens of their money by forcing them to pay a small fortune for entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

The Crystal Alamo - a group of former workers remain in their closed factory fighting off an invasion of guards, liquidators, auditors, foreign-workers, and Minister Coughlan while their commander Cullen stays away letting his troops get slaughtered.

• Advertisement

a movie about a chid of satan sent to waterford through a gateway in time who works for the authorities protecting the planet from evil

"WELL BOY"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

SUNGOD wrote: »
    or maybe a new transformers film about a waterford transformer who can not only transform into a formidable fighting machine but also has an opinion on absolutely everything

" transformers 3 rise of MULTIVAN"

I think I peed a little there Sungod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Pffft. Zombie movie wins, hands down.

Final scene, getting the bridge up to stop them getting across to Spillers and trying to get to get onto a boat to get out of dodge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Phantom of the Cathedral - a group of messers break through the roof of a local church and are killed off by a mysterious and disfigured inhabitant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah Al hit the nail on the head a zombie movie would win hands down.

Really though I would spend the on Waterford itself and not on a movie. :pac:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

a it shoud be a westeren remake like 3 mules for sister sarah ,,or the good the bad and the ugly ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

SUNGOD wrote: »
    how about a war film about the backstabbing and espionage that went on behind the scenes ofthe citys second river crossing.

"the bridge over the river suir"

a bridge too far?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

An artsy documentary about Tawdy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

"The revenge of martin hunt"
    He would come back and slap sliotars off cop cars until there is none left. Once they are gone he would go around saving people in distress with his trusty sidekick "how do".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

**** that boy, give how do his own movie! I propose an electorial docu-soap highlighting his struggles as he trys to claw his way to the top of city hall and become mayor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

mmm nake my own movie with a waterford theme....

See I am thinking, two waterfordian girls and one cup:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

seanybiker wrote: »
    "The revenge of martin hunt"
    He would come back and slap sliotars off cop cars until there is none left. Once they are gone he would go around saving people in distress with his trusty sidekick "how do".
    Hey seany did your father come from Redhills in Cavan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

"a tale of two one city"

based on the daily (normally mon - fri, during the hours of 8AM - 5PM) plundering by inhabitants from across the water, desperate in their quest to visit an actual city instead of a fairytale one

[waits for the typical 'hurling / AI medals' comments :D]

Advertisement