Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's changed?

Options
  • 27-07-2009 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Been away for a year and 4 monthes now. Anything mad or weird happen to Portlaoise that you want to fill me in on? Nobody sends me news about the auld tow-an any more :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

nothing much, more houses where once there was fields! mathew Keegans pub is now called coppers and is a disco bar i think! the blue bridge is still there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

Very little has changed its actually amazing, still no new schools or any major developments, the biggest thing so far is that we are finally getting a McDonalds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

token56 wrote: »
    Very little has changed its actually amazing, still no new schools or any major developments, the biggest thing so far is that we are finally getting a McDonalds

Not yet......not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

oh and Superquinn is closing......every week;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

:)

Has Ballyfin closed yet? Sad that place will be gone for future generations, was such a nice place to go to school, even though it was amazingly cold in the winter, I'll always have great memories of walking around the school at lunchtime enjoying the countryside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭token56

pclancy wrote: »
    :)

Has Ballyfin closed yet? Sad that place will be gone for future generations, was such a nice place to go to school, even though it was amazingly cold in the winter, I'll always have great memories of walking around the school at lunchtime enjoying the countryside.

I believe this was the last year and is now closed, or at least thats what I was told by cousin who is just after finishing their. But like you I will have fond memories of the place. But in recent years it has become a shadow of itself with all the class rooms, lockers and offices etc in the main building gone and alot of the students in prefabs. Its probably for the best it didn't continue for much longer in its present state, not really fair on the students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

We erected an effigy of you in your honour.

Then we burnt it to the ground.

Your not missing anything.

Did you beat it with the soles of your shoes when it fell to the ground?

Did you beat it with the soles of your shoes when it fell to the ground?

I beat it with my raw, bloody fists until they bled. But enough about my [censored]. Ever coming back?

hey, heard the joke about the baby seal who walks into a club?

Haha excellent. Might be back at Xmas for a visit but not sure really. Miss a lot of stuff and people but would cost a bomb to go back so i'll wait a while longer :) Have a 3 year work permit now so I'm settled here for at least that long. Its just too savage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

michael jackson died over here too
    KILLER !! or what

Haha excellent. Might be back at Xmas for a visit but not sure really. Miss a lot of stuff and people but would cost a bomb to go back so i'll wait a while longer :) Have a 3 year work permit now so I'm settled here for at least that long. Its just too savage.

Well stick into it. Any weed out there?

Haha silly question. Its easier get then beer :)

NZ has one of the highest usage rates in the world, 20% of the population regulary use it and its cheap as hell. There's even a political party. http://www.alcp.org.nz/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kizzyf

Mad the way you feel like you're going to miss out on things but nothing ever changes. The thing I'll miss most is waving at people and always having lots of people you know to chat to in the pub or even if you walk down the street.

Oh the social welfare office is always packed to capacity these days that's about the only change I can think of. I actually thought the blue bridge was already gone.

kizzyf wrote: »
    Oh the social welfare office is always packed to capacity these days that's about the only change I can think of. I actually thought the blue bridge was already gone.

Wtf I thought that was the line for tickets to Aerosmith wtf?!

Advertisement