Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

19495969798100»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

From Egan's perspective, it's probably the better move, since he will game more game time injuries permitting

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jonnreeks

Is he Premiership standard still and does he hope for more International caps with Ireland?

I would like this team to get on the pitch against Chelsea this Saturday @ 12.30pm

Areola

AWB todibo kilman emerson

soucek alvarez paqueta

kudus bowen summerville

COYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

I think Emerson is an injury doubt, which means AWB will probably replace him, and Coufal for AWB - otherwise that's a shoe-in. Can't fathom why Mavropanos hasn't been replaced by Todibo yet, but we don't see behind the scenes, nor know J-Lo's plans. Mav is a decent CB, but just switches off sometimes; really looking forward to seeing Todibo, so this'll be interesting, considering Mav's howler last time round.

I'd prefer Rodriquez to Soucek against Chelsea- the latter isn't great defensively, and the Alvarez-Rodriguez partnership is looking good. Up front would be the same for me, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if J-Lo keeps Antonio, with Bowen RW and Kudus LW, and Summerville subbing later.

Maybe, J-Lo wants the first couple of months with roughly the same team as before, and begin to reshape it after then - it's unlucky to be having so many tough teams bunched together at the start as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

I'm expecting him to start Soucek and Antonio. A decent test today against a more settled Chelsea line-up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The "careful what you wish for" gang when we were moving on from Moyes must be feeling pretty smug right now

Yeah, who are we to expect good-to-watch football, and dreaming of European football. That'll teach us.

Chelsea game a shambles, but with Steidtens' acquisitions, it's still far too early for anyone to know how things will pan out in the long run, never mind the medium term. In the short term, Soler probably needs to come in to sort out the midfield, but if Mavropanos starts again against Brentford over Todibo, I'll probably be one of those already to start shout for Lopetegui's head (unless of course Mavs does start and plays a blinder. We'll see).

Don't forget - 3rd round Carabao cup tonight against the 'pool tonight at 20.00. After we easily win this, the 4th round draw takes place. Can't wait to see our line-out this evening, and who we will play in the next round.

West Ham have taken up their full allocation of 5,000 tickets, so the Manager & Players should have great support as the fans have done their bit!

COYI

🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

'Free' sports events tickets declared by MPs

West Ham Labour: Keir Starmer – two hospitality tickets for match worth £2,000 – 11 February 2024

What do you get for a £1,000 ticket at the London Stadium?

• Advertisement
Advertisement