Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

So on we trundle...looks like Bilic has been given 2 more games to save his job. FFS at this stage everyone knows he is gone sooner or later. Just do it now and get it over with. Watching the Spurs-Liverpool match at the moment and gawd, we are gonna get destroyed on Wednesday night. But sure we may well grab a lucky win against Palace and Bilic will survive to lose another day.
    I understand the boards dilemma of who to replace him with, but they gotta do something or we are headed to having the best (empty) stadium in the Championship next season. It is a shame that it hasn't worked out for Bilic. Really nice guy but maybe that is part of the problem.

ermmmm...WTF is happening????? Where did this team come from in the second half?

Typical West Ham. Getting my hopes up but we all know how this is going to end...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

What the sweet merciful fcuk just happened?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Spur switched off after 30 mins, and West Ham just went for it. Fair play to them, they wanted it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Delighted with that...

So pleased for Slav....

• Advertisement

I know I have been calling for his head, but I hope for his sake that they follow this up with a win over Palace at the weekend and then go on a decent run. I would honestly love to see him do well but there HAS to be an improvement quickly. Hopefully this isn't a glitch but the start of his comeback. Another performance like that against Brighton (or the first half tonight) and it will be back to looking for a replacement.

I haven't called for his head - would love him to stay - but the players need to perform for him... hopefully this is a start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Disappointed spurs fan here congratulations on the win hopefully you go a long way in it now

davycc wrote: »
    Disappointed spurs fan here congratulations on the win hopefully you go a long way in it now

thanks - league more important - but hopefully will be a confidence boost for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Any of ye lads Claret members with a previous booking history. I'm trying to get a couple of tickets for the Liverpool game. They are available through the ticket exchange. Could someone PM if they could help me out. Thanks a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

rob316 wrote: »
    Any of ye lads Claret members with a previous booking history. I'm trying to get a couple of tickets for the Liverpool game. They are available through the ticket exchange. Could someone PM if they could help me out. Thanks a lot.
    Yeah I'm not sure what they've done with it this year. Last year I could buy on ticket exchange, so have "previous purchase history", but when I go into the same site this year it says I don't have enough privileges.

Either they're now...
    - not considering last season tickets as "previous purchase history"
    - not considering ticket exchange as "previous purchase history"

So Bilic is officially gone. Sad but necessary.

#WelcomeMoyes :eek:

If they go for Moyes, then we may as well start looking into how to get to Burton or Shrewsbury.
    Disappointed he couldn't keep up the performance from the first season (where we really should have made it to the champions league). He was on borrowed time and yet another hammering was always going to be the end of him.
    Seriously though, if they actually get Moyes, it's a joke. I'd take Sam back before Moyes.

Better get used to it...Moyes is nailed on for it. The only member of the back room coaching staff not fired was Chris Woods who worked for Moyes at Everton and followed him to ManU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It's Moyes, this will be boring, can't stand him, poor move by the board

No Neville, it'll be Stuart Pearce in there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Moyes is a terrible decision, relegation all but confirmed imo.

So sorry to see Slav leave - the players really let him down badly... depressed at the thought his replacement could be Moyes - Pardew the pick of what's really available to us in my opinion... rest of the season not going to be pretty, - December looks to be it could be really fun!!!

Sunday 3rd December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    Manchester City
    16:00
    West Ham United

Saturday 9th December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    West Ham United
    12:30
    Chelsea

Wednesday 13th December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    West Ham United
    20:00
    Arsenal

Saturday 16th December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    Stoke City
    15:00
    West Ham United

Tuesday 19th December

EFL CUP
    QUARTER-FINAL
    Arsenal
    19:45
    West Ham United

Saturday 23rd December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    West Ham United
    Newcastle United

Tuesday 26th December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    AFC Bournemouth
    West Ham United

Sunday 31st December

PREMIER LEAGUE
    Tottenham Hotspur
    14:15
    West Ham United

This is a bad dream, right?
    I can only imagine that this is a big fcuk you to the supporters by Sullivan, Gold and Brady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

David Moyes: West Ham name manager to succeed Slaven Bilic

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41889848

It's official now. I can't imagine any West Ham fans are ecstatic over this appointment.

Initial thought was :D, followed by the realization that is was actually happening :eek: and then realizing it had happened :mad:

The only glimmer of hope I can take form this is that this is not Sunderland. In Sunderland he had a bad squad of players that he couldn't make into good players. Here he has a squad of verterans and promising youth players that are highly unmotivated. Totally different job. Haven't a clue if he's capable of that, but saying "he got Sunderland relegated so he'll get WH relegated" isn't fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

All we can aim for this season is mid table and moyes is definitely good enough to achieve that. Good short term appointment in my opinion, plenty of talent in this squad so we should push on from here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

While its an uninspiring appointment, to be fair West Ham could be a good fit for him as his last 3 jobs were awful decisions.

Man United - not a single manager could succeed Ferguson, was always on a hiding to nothing.

Real Sociedad - bizarre choice of job.

Sunderland - PL whipping boys for many years earmarked for relegation, an owner who had given up and wanted to sell. Again always on a hiding to nothing.

He's not bad manager, he has a good chance to rebuild his reputation here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,827 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Apparently West Ham were rejected by Ancelotti, Mancini and Benitez before making their move for Moyes to replace Bilic.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

In his first 1st or 2nd press conference he will talk about the relegation battle, about Christmas he will talk about how the busy period hasn't given him enough time to implement his tactics and in the new year he will start to pass the blame to the board and to 1 or 2 players, I genuinely think he will be sacked by March. A 6 month appointment for a manager who won't be there next season, bizarre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Get in a manager who guided a team to bottom in the league months ago to turn around relegation form?
    He's won 20 games from 85 he's managed in his last two jobs. His teams are generally awful.
    It might work out but he could somehow manage to relegate this squad. Risky.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

NukaCola wrote: »
    Get in a manager who guided a team to bottom in the league months ago to turn around relegation form?
    He's won 20 games from 85 he's managed in his last two jobs. His teams are generally awful.
    It might work out but he could somehow manage to relegate this squad. Risky.

To be fair, whatever was done was going to be risky.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Totally different challenge here, Sunderland were a Championship squad that he needed to get to overperform. West Ham have a Premiership squad that needs motivation.
    Sociadad was bizarre appointment to begin with, Sunderland only expect to win about 1 in 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Totally different challenge here, Sunderland were a Championship squad that he needed to get to overperform. West Ham have a Premiership squad that needs motivation.

Sociadad was bizarre appointment to begin with, Sunderland only expect to win about 1 in 4.

Wouldn't a good manager get Sunderland to overperform? I mean yes they were a bit of a shambles but still it was their lowest points total in 10 EPL seasons. 15 points less than the season before. He can make excuses but thats an awful job no matter what way you look at it.

A good manager will turn this around quickly enough. Moyes did well at Everton but that seems such a long time ago now, I'm not so sure if he's up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Allardyce got the best out of Sunderland in his time there, he managed to get the best out of what was already there and value for money on who he brought in. Not good enough for West Ham.

Moyes sucked the last shred of positivity out of the club from the get go. He couldn't motivate himself nevermind the players. He broke the clubs transfer record and brought in plenty of players. He was backed regardless of whether the club was for sale or not.

I'm surprised he has got another Premier League gig, I don't think he has it in him to make a success of it. It may well be his last shot though which might change his approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

you lads have the fans and the stadium but then penny pinch on a basket case like Moyes

I fear it will cost you dearly

Apparently West Ham were rejected by Ancelotti, Mancini and Benitez before making their move for Moyes to replace Bilic.

Only on the basis that they didn’t want to leave mid season, all will be available come seasons end if the money is right, Moyes won’t be there for the 2018/19 season.
    you lads have the fans and the stadium but then penny pinch on a basket case like Moyes

I fear it will cost you dearly

Not much quality/availability in the manager market in November 2017z See above for going forward.

I, for one, am amazed that the appointment of David Moyes did not result in an immediate upturn in fortunes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Up against a team in crisis - Check
    Up against a manager who can't buy a win - Check
    Up against a striker who can't buy a goal - Check
    Up against Everton - Check

Same ol West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

Disgraceful performance so far, as bad as anything under Billic, Aaron cresswell is terrible

• Advertisement

It's hard to see a way back into the game with no Carroll or Hernandez. hopefully Antonio is fit enough to come on, his pace might spark something hopefully

Funny thing is we have been the better team and we're 3 down, no luck what so ever

Last night was a new low for us....:mad:

I hope he gives Adrian a run....

More embarrassing comments from our co-chairman, they shouldn't be let near the media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great start for you irons please God you get the win you deserved so far

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    Great start for you irons please God you get the win you deserved so far

long way to go yet, but hopefully....

ffs..gonna lose it in 5 mins stoppage time again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭5star02707

Good Job Hammers! Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Moyes the messiah, all credit west ham good win for you lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Always knew that result would happen :pac:

Great to get that win - unexpected but overall we deserved it.

I'm so fickle, a week ago I hated arnautovic, now I think he's a god!!!

The Jman wrote: »
    I'm so fickle, a week ago I hated arnautovic, now I think he's a god!!!

Moysey getting a lot more out of him, he's reacting well

Good team effort tonight - could have stolen it - but I'd have accepted 4 pts from Chelsea & Arsenal all day long a couple of weeks ago - Adrian a huge positive influence on the defence....

Delighted for Adrian. Only wish he was brought in sooner. Another good showing from Arnautovic and Noble seemed to cover a massive amount of ground.
    Though the 4 points and two clean sheets will mean nothing if we don't beat Stoke on Saturday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement