Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Wilshere official now.

If he can stay injury free he'll be a great signing I think.
    Fenerbahce fans not happy in the comments :D

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1016317296648728576?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

eagle eye wrote: »
    The lad put his family first. If you want to hold that against him then I hope you are not a parent.
    If he is going to go back to West Ham he is showing a lot of respect to the club. I'd imagine he has a large amount of clubs who would love his signature.
    When he left and went back to Marseille there were rumours about all the top English clubs wanting to sign him.

... here's what Payet said about himself! He has form in this regard - staying with clubs - getting bored etc. and then creating a storm to engineer a move - all I'm saying is that he'll do this again to us if he comes back - not denying he's a fantastic player - but I still wouldn't have him back in a month of Sundays for reasons already stated...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/09/06/dimitri-payet-leaving-west-ham-tough-manage-want-peveryone/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/dimitri-payet-west-ham-bored-defensive

P.S. I am a parent!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Yeah if I remember correctly, he's had issues at most teams he's played for. He punched his captain while playing for St. Etienne. He also refused to train when he was trying to engineer a move from St. Etienne (sounds familiar).

He's an absolutely phenomenal player and I can't remember a player that's excited the fans as much since the last two months of Tevez's season. But if the going did get tough, I can always see him having another strop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Looks like Andersen is a done deal, the west ham work permit application has been accepted

How the hell is Pelligrini convincing Sullivan & Gold to spend this much? Long may it continue....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Work permit means nothing really. Any club can apply for that in advance so it is ready to go if and when player signs. He arrived in London tonight. Hope he gets the right bus from the airport and doesn't end up at StamfordBridge by mistake!!!

Reid and Carroll (surprise surprise) out for three months. Think it's time to cut our losses with Andy in January. He's fantastic for us when he's fit, but is it he really worth it for just 10-15 games max every season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Reid and Carroll (surprise surprise) out for three months. Think it's time to cut our losses with Andy in January. He's fantastic for us when he's fit, but is it he really worth it for just 10-15 games max every season?

A lot of rumours about how Carroll got injured too

A lot of rumours about how Carroll got injured too
    Would drink have been involved at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Would drink have been involved at all?
    Drink and a balcony allegedly

• Advertisement

If he was a race horse he'd have been put down ages ago.

Drink and a balcony allegedly
    Not surprised. By the sounds of it, he just doesn't take care of himself like a professional footballer should. And he's obviously allowed to get away with it by the club.
    In 6 full seasons, he's made an average of 19 appearances per season. That's insane!

Just for clarification, that was a joke started by a West Ham fan on twitter. There is no proof at all this happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Its official! Fabian Balbuena is a West Ham player. He is known as the General.

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1018110362741243904

Anderson being announced on Monday. I am delighted with all these new signings. Finally showing some ambition

West Ham won 1-0 today in a preseason friendly against Wycombe.

Arnautovic scored the goal but only lasted until half time. He was seen with strapping and an ice pack on his thigh after the match. Hope he is ok.

Yarmolenko played the first half and Declan Rice came on and played centre midfield in the second half.

Ludo wrote: »
    Work permit means nothing really. Any club can apply for that in advance so it is ready to go if and when player signs. He arrived in London tonight. Hope he gets the right bus from the airport and doesn't end up at StamfordBridge by mistake!!!

I am delighted to confirm the Club record signing of Lazio attacking midfielder Felipe Anderson.
    Felipe joins Manuel Pellegrini’s side on a four-year contract, having completed five hugely-successful seasons in Italy with Lazio. Good luck Felipe. DG

West Ham won 1-0 today in a preseason friendly against Wycombe.

Arnautovic scored the goal but only lasted until half time. He was seen with strapping and an ice pack on his thigh after the match. Hope he is ok.

Yarmolenko played the first half and Declan Rice came on and played centre midfield in the second half.

He was also videod walking normally after that, think he’ll be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

We're signing good players and have a manager with a proven record. I'm scared, I'm not used to this kinda stuff!!

The Jman wrote: »
    We're signing good players and have a manager with a proven record. I'm scared, I'm not used to this kinda stuff!!

... same here - I'm totally confused!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I'm prepared for it to all go wrong

• Advertisement

A 2-2 draw today with Preston. Marko got 2 goals. He is on fire! Noble missed a penalty too.

The goals....

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1020687207558983681

https://twitter.com/WestHamUtd/status/1020691789081137152

Not a bad pre season

I'm going to be awfully disappointed when I wake up and discover this transfer window was all a dream! :D

I missed the game Sunday cos of work. Does anyone wanna reassure me we were the better team and should have won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Ye were brutal, absolutely brutal defensively especially. No pressure on the ball while trying to play offside. The amount of times pool players got in behind the defence due to lapses was unreal.

Oh and kept trying to play out from the back against one of the best pressing teams in the league when it is apparent west ham just didn't have the players or the ability.

Plenty of scope for improvement, Anderson looked like he gave up when it got tough which would be a concern. Created a couple of opportunities not taken and one if the pool goals was offside but it didn't mask how poor west ham were. Looked 5 yards slower.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I missed the game Sunday cos of work. Does anyone wanna reassure me we were the better team and should have won?
    Nope, but the good news was that Pellegrini basically wrote it off as a loss, treated it like a training match, tried a few things (that didn't work out). Season starts next week against Bournemouth.

As previous poster, got some practice in on offside trap, playing out from the back etc

We were awful. Liverpool's second right on half time in particular was horrific defending. The only saving grace is that it's probably our most difficult away game out of the way.

Lucky you - we were shocking....

Hopefully Pelligrini will have learned from it and is already implementing changes to address...

If not - we are in for the usual...........:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Hey fellas first time poster

I'm not ready to ditch all my preseason optimism just yet last week was poor but I still thought there was positives in it. The high line clearly didn't work but we were always going to have teething problems and cress is back this week he's much better defensively than masuaku I thought Anderson showed a decent work rate in a tough environment and yarma also added something when he came on. This week I think I'd like a 4-2-3-1
    Fab
    Fredericks balbuena ogbonna cress
    Rice noble
    Anderson Wilshire yarmalenko
    Arnie

The bigger pitch will play into rices hands he got suffocated last week with Liverpool's press but a bigger pitch will suit better likewise with the full backs

• Advertisement

Hey fellas first time poster

I'm not ready to ditch all my preseason optimism just yet last week was poor but I still thought there was positives in it. The high line clearly didn't work but we were always going to have teething problems and cress is back this week he's much better defensively than masuaku I thought Anderson showed a decent work rate in a tough environment and yarma also added something when he came on. This week I think I'd like a 4-2-3-1
    Fab
    Fredericks balbuena ogbonna cress
    Rice noble
    Anderson Wilshire yarmalenko
    Arnie

The bigger pitch will play into rices hands he got suffocated last week with Liverpool's press but a bigger pitch will suit better likewise with the full backs

Welcome aboard...

We'll soon knock all that optimism out of you! :D

How's everyone's optimism holding up now...

.........................aaaanndd there goes the last of it it was good while it lasted

This is going swimmingly.

This is the first game I've seen this season and I thought we played well. Could have won if we took our chances. Hopefully yarmolenko can start instead of Snodgrass soon. We'll start picking up points in the next few games if we keep playing like that.

I see today as a very false result we had more than enough chances to win and looked like we were starting to click going forward a scrappy goal cost us the game but there were plenty of positives to take from it I would hesitate to bring ogbonna back in fredericks looked promising as did Anderson in the middle he showed signs of the player he could be today

• Advertisement

Played a lot better today, but as we rack up the losses morale will slip and the pressure will mount - need to get a win under our belt - a tough September coming up...

This season is going well....

Not gelling as a team at all - very worrying.... :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Do you reckon the manager will be given time ? Chelsea & Utd in the next 3 fixtures.

Yes, cant be panicing yet - albeit its a real possibility we'll have zero points come the 1st of October...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

pjmn wrote: »
    Yes, cant be panicing yet - albeit its a real possibility we'll have zero points come the 1st of October...
    Look at Palace last season. Ultimately comes down to whether you buy into all the business that was done over the summer. If they come good you'll be fine.

Yes, that's what I'm hoping for....

If we hare zero points after 7 games (which is very, very likely now) it will be very difficult to stick with him. I agree it is not the time to panic yet but this season is all very Avram Grantish so far...and look what happened then!!!

Patience is key here as great as it would have been for everything to click into place straight away teething problems were always likely We have so many new players and a new system to get used to getting rid of the manager in the first few months won't help give him time he will get it right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Palace started last season with Frank de Boer who lost his first four games and was promptly sacked. Hodgson took over and Palace were grand after that. Imagine if they had given de Boer more time to get it wrong. I think West Ham need to consider doing likewise.

West Ham have now lost 4 in the league and mid-week had to scrape past AFC Wimbledon despite playing most of the game with a man advantage.

Pellegrini seems a good man but going to China suggests to me his mind was in retirement mode, and he's come back to the Premier League following another big pay day. When asked today why his team hasn't won a game yet, his response was "we need to defend better and score more goals.”

He's getting £10m a year for that?

Of all the teams we could have broken our losing streak, I didn't expect it to happen away to Everton.

Only the third win there since 2005 if I'm right. Some result.

Great result - we needed it - two tough games coming up - I'd take two points now if they were on offer...

We're gonna get at least a point today, I'm strangely confident!!!

I'd take a point this minute...

• Advertisement
Advertisement