Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

The Jman wrote: »
    We're gonna get at least a point today, I'm strangely confident!!!
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

COYI

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

No Arnautovic...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Missed arnautovic big time today but a point will do. There was absolutely no pace on the bench to stretch them with 20 mins to go.

Big feeling of what could have been that chance was easier to score than miss but i would have took a point if offered so onwards and upwards we are looking a different side now to a few weeks ago

I look forward to the day we can get Anderson, arnautovic, lanzini and yarmolenko on the pitch together. We should see some unreal football then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Happy with the point, but jazus it could have been 3....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Good point alright and would have taken it obviously. Things are beginning to look up finally.
    Family trip to London booked for first weekend in Nov staying in a nice hotel in Stratford. Family booked into Madame Tussauds for the Saturday afternoon while I take in the Burnley game. First time in ten years I get to a game...can't wait.

Ludo wrote: »
    Good point alright and would have taken it obviously. Things are beginning to look up finally.
    Family trip to London booked for first weekend in Nov staying in a nice hotel in Stratford. Family booked into Madame Tussauds for the Saturday afternoon while I take in the Burnley game. First time in ten years I get to a game...can't wait.
    It's very different :(

• Advertisement

Anyone be able to guide me on a way of getting away tickets fellas? I'm in Nottingham the weekend we are away to Leicester was thinking of nipping over and going to the game if I can. I haven't bothered paying for membership or anything though will I need to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Enjoy, don’t forget to see the rib man

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Can't remember the last time we comprehensively beat a lower league side.

Good point last week against Chelsea, good win against Macclesfield, Arnie is back for the match today, should be optimistic, why do I feel we're gonna lose 4 nil??

The Jman wrote: »
    Good point last week against Chelsea, good win against Macclesfield, Arnie is back for the match today, should be optimistic, why do I feel we're gonna lose 4 nil??

:pac:

Bloody delighted to be wrong!!!

• Advertisement

I'm a little nervous all my preseason optimism is back again :D

We have fixed all the teething problems in the last 3 week's and we look a bloody good side atm I'm slightly nervous that an injury could derail our front 3 as they look to be clicking but we have no real depth behind them. Noble shut every one of his critics up today and he's a great head to have in beside rice who doesn't look out of place at all. Another positive result next week and all the problems will be long forgotten about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Well done lads

You have a great manager there

A winner

UP THE IRONS

That's a typical goal for us to concede. Ogbonna should have scored twice since he came on.

Went along yesterday for the first time over eleven years. And I picked a good one. Great game to watch I thought. Had seats up in the gods in block 211 but I was well impressed. Perfect view. May be a personal thing though as I always prefer being up nice and high to get a good overview of all the action rather than being right next to the pitch where I always find it much more difficult to see all that is going on.
    Kids were well impressed also as they had a perfect view as the people in front of us were so much lower that their heads weren't in the kids way. Found it incredibly easy to get in and out also.

Nice run now of winnable games (let's ignore ManCity game for now). 5 or6 wins out of next ten well do-able.

Same here - my first game in the new stadium - unlike you we were in Row 5 behind the goal beside the Burnley fans - great banter. Enjoyed the game - some good performances - but leaking goals from lapses in concentration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Went along yesterday for the first time over eleven years. And I picked a good one. Great game to watch I thought. Had seats up in the gods in block 211 but I was well impressed. Perfect view. May be a personal thing though as I always prefer being up nice and high to get a good overview of all the action rather than being right next to the pitch where I always find it much more difficult to see all that is going on.
    Kids were well impressed also as they had a perfect view as the people in front of us were so much lower that their heads weren't in the kids way. Found it incredibly easy to get in and out also.

Hurrah for Kids for a Quid :) I took my young lad over too for his 1st game. Thank Christ they won as it now means that he wants to go again ... which means I get to go under the guise of being a good father :pac:

Pain in the aras not being able exit through Westfield again.

Only my 2nd time in LS but you'd really miss the stalls selling all types of football paraphernalia like back in Upton Park (Granted my last visit to UP was years before the move so not sure if that changed in more recent years)

2 wins in a row for the first time in nearly 2 years. 5 points off 6th place. Rest of December's games against teams in the bottom half, including each of the bottom three. Points to one thing: relegation zone by January!!!

:D got it in one!!!

3 wins in a row and only 21 points off top, I'm starting to dream lads!!!

Could we dream of another 12 pts from our next 4 games? (3 of them are away)... would be a great way to finish the year...

Saturday 15th December 2018
    PREMIER LEAGUE
    Fulham
    17:30
    West Ham

Saturday 22nd December 2018
    PREMIER LEAGUE
    West Ham
    15:00
    Watford

Thursday 27th December 2018
    PREMIER LEAGUE
    Southampton
    19:45
    West Ham

Sunday 30th December 2018
    PREMIER LEAGUE
    Burnley
    14:15
    West Ham

How are we feeling about January boys? Seems like nasri is very much in the pipeline. If we could get Mario back too it would be great. With fredericks out for a while I've read we have enquired about clyne wouldn't be as mad about drinkwater at this stage though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

A win next week and we could be 6th on Christmas day. Great turn around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

First visit to the new ground next weekend, cautiously optimistic about the result.

me89 wrote: »
    A win next week and we could be 6th on Christmas day. Great turn around.

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    First visit to the new ground next weekend, cautiously optimistic about the result.

:(

Too soon...

Enjoy the day. I'm already looking into my second trip after being there only a month ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

in the top ten before xmas, that didn't seem likely at the start of the season

• Advertisement

in the top ten before xmas, that didn't seem likely at the start of the season
    Great run of fixtures against the bottom 10, hammered most of them showing we're definitely worth our position. The real battles will be playing Everton, Bournemouth, Wolves, Watford and (whisper it) Untied of the world now to see if we can push for top 6.

Watford, Southampton, Burnely, and Brighton now to take us to the FA Cup break.

Had a feeling that Watford would be our undoing. To be fair, we weren't great against Fulham and got the three points and we probably should have gotten something out of Watford so probably evens out.
    Would be great to get Arnie, Lanzini and Reid back over the next month or two.

No Hernandez and Antonio at right back. Yet Carroll still can't get a start. Think he's as good as gone in January.

Delighted with that result - especially when we consider the numbers that are out at the moment.... carrying a few there tonight...

pjmn wrote: »
    Delighted with that result - especially when we consider the numbers that are out at the moment.... carrying a few there tonight...
    Excellent result. Halfway through and after a horrific start, we’re only 2 points off what we were at this point in 2015/16.
    Absolute joke of an injury list at this stage.

agree - shocking injury list - and its clear that Andy is winding up for another injury soon :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Pellegrini is a ridiculously good manager. The job he did with Villareal and then Malaga shows what he is capable of. If you can hold into him you make might end up breaking into the top six.

Had a feeling that Watford would be our undoing. To be fair, we weren't great against Fulham and got the three points and we probably should have gotten something out of Watford so probably evens out.
    Would be great to get Arnie, Lanzini and Reid back over the next month or two.

Haven’t really missed Reid with El Capitano and Diop, not missed at all, but good to have in the squad

pjmn wrote: »
    agree - shocking injury list - and its clear that Andy is winding up for another injury soon :D

Thought his ankle was gone again after one tackle tonight but he immediately recovered. Unusually

• Advertisement

Rice finally signs a new contract. Cue a long term injury.

Ahh Jazus don't say that....:eek:

Well this sounds rather sh!t.

Anyone else listen to the west ham way podcast? I'm starting to chime in with their opinions on the arnie situation his brother has to stop this **** stirring or else it will have significant damage a la payet

I must admit I am not that fussed if he was to go to be honest. Yes, it would be a big loss BUT it was always going to end this way I figured. He did it to Stoke to move to us and he will do it to us to go somewhere else for more money or a bigger club. I expect it so won't be as disappointed as when it happened with Payet.

If a player would rather head to China than play for the club then leave him go in my opinion! If it was real Madrid or psg that were turning his head it'd be one thing but wanting to leave cos he wants to go to China is a joke!!

• Advertisement

Delighted with that result, Rice played another blinder, and his interview with Noble after the game was something else....

Got a link to that interview?
    Definitely looks like Arnie is gone. Was he really trying to make it all about himself at the end?

Sorry don't have a link, just watched it on TV. Yes Arnie looks gone, didn't look interested either, hold out for £50m and let him go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Nice win today lads, Pellegrini must be a huge breath of fresh of air you all after the previous managers.
    If Arnie goes, you'd expect Pellegrini to have a replacement ready or give the responsibilty to Hernandez.
    Pellegrini will know his squad by now so next summmer transfer time will be exciting times if he gets the funds. Could start to build something there

• Advertisement
Advertisement