Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Obiang signing for Fiorentina for 11 million. Decent squad player. Hope he gets regular football there. I assume a replacement has been lined up already or this would not have been approved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

That's such a typical West Ham result. Playing against a team who've conceded 17 goals in their last 5 games and we fail to score. Would have been 7th with a win.

We need Arnie, Perez, Hernandez and Carroll gone ASAP. As in NOW.
    And replace them all in this window somehow with 2 decent strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Agree, but the danger is the first part happens and we don't get to buy quality...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

pjmn wrote: »
    Agree, but the danger is the first part happens and we don't get to buy quality...

Could easily happen, oh you've 50 million from sales and you need to buy our striker in less than a week.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Ah nothing like getting embarrassed on national TV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ah nothing like getting embarrassed on national TV.

Just your average day for a West ham fan, not as bad as the tonking forest gave us.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Just your average day for a West ham fan, not as bad as the tonking forest gave us.
    Yet.
    At least that team was a youth team. This team has ridiculous amounts of experience. I honestly cannot fathom how this team can beat Arsenal and then get hockeyed by a team bottom of league 1.

shocking so far :(

Absolutely useless! Players have to take all the blame.

• Advertisement

.... and the season peters out :(

Arnoutavictoo busy signing his shiny new contract to play obviously....ffs why are they giving him a new contract now?
    Let him go and be done with all the crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That Arnautovic might have something to do with what you seen tonight.
    A lot of players get unhappy when a guy gets a new contract if they consider they have contributed as much or more to the season. The likes of Anderson and Antonio have played more games than him and been a big part of some important wins when Arnautovic was out.

could only happen with us! :eek:

And now Pellegrini has stormed out of the press conference when asked about the new contract...as Captain Havoc said above, a fooking typical West Ham day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Here we go again turning into a circus again what's behind pellegrini storming out? Did he not know? He wanted him to stay but the timing is horrific seriously who decided to announce it now? And as for that shambles on the pitch masuaku ogbonna hernandez and Carroll can close the door on their way out.

Just as things were looking up with news of the Gomez deal and potential for a decent cup run this feeling is all too familiar

Just as things were looking up with news of the Gomez deal

I'll believe that when he is on the pitch actually playing for us.

I'm glad Arnautovic is staying. Even when he was angling for a move, at least he performed. Compare that to Hernandez yesterday who looked like he couldn't be bothered. Always thought Hernandez was the type of player who always gave 100%. Evidently I was wrong so he can fcuk off to Valencia.
    Hard to believe how he we miss Rice in midfield.

Christ don't tell me our season is petering out already!

• Advertisement

How typical and familiar is all of this ****. Not that's it's all his fault but arnie and his brother definitely set this snowball in motion and if reports are to be believed he won't play again this year leaving us hamstrung... again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Lads have a look at the Liverpool team talk thread - meltdown is an understatement:D

The guy complaining about the reffing and officiating general going against Liverpool is hilarious. Not sure if he realises which team is which...maybe the fact Liverpool are defending like West Ham usually do is confusing him.

Ludo wrote: »
    The guy complaining about the reffing and officiating general going against Liverpool is hilarious. Not sure if he realises which team is which...maybe the fact Liverpool are defending like West Ham usually do is confusing him.

Needs to go to specsavers

We are still gonna lose 3 or 4 -1 but sure enjoyable enough so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Supporting West Ham is a lottery. Shambles against Wimbledon and Wolves, then playing Liverpool off the park

• Advertisement

Klopp having a go at the ref...wtf is his problem. Did he have a go at Pellegrini also? He's cracked. Used to like him but he has turned into a right so and so over the last couple of seasons. Maybe he always was and I never really noticed though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Well done hammers

Most delusional post I’ve ever seen on boards

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=109336110&postcount=4955

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Supporting West Ham is a lottery. Shambles against Wimbledon and Wolves, then playing Liverpool off the park

Life is a rollercoaster

To be fair, most Liverpool fans seem to have been sensible about the result, that the did not do nearly enough to win and possibly should have lost.
    Point will have meant nothing if we don't manage to beat Palace and Fulham. 7th is still in sight if we can get a decent run of form going.

• Advertisement

It's laughable the way klopp went on but pelle clearly holds a grudge anyway makes me like him even more.

Refreshing to see us put in a performance like that after the shambles the last few weeks there was no bad performances but Antonio was brilliant as was fredericks and ogbonna remembered how to defend. Hernandez looked interested and lively again hopefully we shift on from here balbuena back in q couple of weeks I'm convinced his absence is a big part of our dip.

7th or 8th is a definite possibility but it's exciting to think what we will be like when not sure if it's possible but near a fully fit squad. We would have some selection headaches then

Just home from the game last night - could have won, but Salah and Mane looked dangerous everytime they were on the ball - Rice was unreal (apart from his header :D) - Cresswell and Anderson played extremely well, and Antonio obviously got a bad bang on the head and thought he was Ronaldo (passing balls across the pitch with pinpoint accuracy) :D

Not the best quality but nice to have captured this...

http://40028995933_e0815aae6a_z.jpgwest ham goal by pjmnpjmn, on Flickr

Gone a bit quiet in here is it people not wanting to jinx this half decent run we are on :D

Read a half interesting debate on whether we would want to play Europa league next year if things fall right. I'm definitely in the yes camp as this was always the plan with the new stadium and getting a manager as good as pellegrini id definitely trust him to manage us through it be lovely to have European nights under the lights back too.

Also it seems Liverpool are looking at maxi Gomez now on the recommendation of Suarez which is just typical I always felt we were missing a trick not wrapping it up in January

Refreshing to hear we are lining up our summer targets already as we always seem to be reactive rather than proactive in the market should have a decent kitty of spending money with what we will offloading too this year

Read a half interesting debate on whether we would want to play Europa league next year if things fall right. I'm definitely in the yes camp as this was always the plan with the new stadium and getting a manager as good as pellegrini id definitely trust him to manage us through it be lovely to have European nights under the lights back too.

I can't understand why people wouldn't want Europa League football. We are NOT going to break into the top 4 any time soon...in reality never. So either we live with mid-table mediocrity or go for top seven and get Europa League. It will attract better players if nothing else. Yes it can be a distraction but surely a good one.
    Also it seems Liverpool are looking at maxi Gomez now on the recommendation of Suarez which is just typical I always felt we were missing a trick not wrapping it up in January

Yeah we were never going to get him...not a chance.

I can't understand why people wouldn't want Europa League football. We are NOT going to break into the top 4 any time soon...in reality never. So either we live with mid-table mediocrity or go for top seven and get Europa League. It will attract better players if nothing else. Yes it can be a distraction but surely a good one.
    Have a ya watched any Europa League recently? As Spurs fans put it, playing against Wifi passwords, before losing to Astra Grigou again. There's no glamour at all in it (even playing Kiev/Rennes at this stage of the season)

Premier League for me.

Have a ya watched any Europa League recently? As Spurs fans put it, playing against Wifi passwords, before losing to Astra Grigou again. There's no glamour at all in it (even playing Kiev/Rennes at this stage of the season)

Premier League for me.

And achieve what in the premier league?
    Do you REALLY think we are gonna break into top 4 consistently or even once every 4/5 years without ever partaking in the Europa?

No glamour in partaking in the Everton cup either every year. Relegation battles followed by promotion fights are more interesting to be honest than that every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Premier League for me.

Premier League to do what ? Try to get Europa League football and then not care about that again, to then go out against some **** team and do it all over again the year after that ?

Europa League is a great tournament with some fantastic teams in it, would love for West Ham to take it serious one day.
    If you're saying you wouldn't fancy West Ham playing Inter, Sevilla, Valencia, Napoli, Benfica,...

And achieve what in the premier league?
    Do you REALLY think we are gonna break into top 4 consistently or even once every 4/5 years without ever partaking in the Europa?

No glamour in partaking in the Everton cup either every year. Relegation battles followed by promotion fights are more interesting to be honest than that every year.
    Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Premier League to do what ? Try to get Europa League football and then not care about that again, to then go out against some **** team and do it all over again the year after that ?

Europa League is a great tournament with some fantastic teams in it, would love for West Ham to take it serious one day.
    If you're saying you wouldn't fancy West Ham playing Inter, Sevilla, Valencia, Napoli, Benfica,...
    I realise we're never gonna win the premier league, I just want entertaining 90mns every Saturday. Isn't that the whole point of a league? If that's not good enough for ya, shouldn't ya go buy a Man City shirt?

Ludo, no I don't think relegation battles are more fun, means we're playing pants football every Saturday. If you get relegated we end up with worse players and far less opportunities for us to watch them on TV.

Jelle, yeah I understand there's some glamour in Europe but the reality is different. Have a look at the teams English clubs played this year. Would any of them really get you excited:
    Arsenal: Sporting, Vorksla Portava, Quarabag, Bate, Rennes
    Chelsea: Bate, Vidi, PAOK, Malmo, Dynamo Kiev
    Burnley: Aberdeen, Basakshir, Olympiakos

Give me Saturday afternoon football any day over that.

I realise we're never gonna win the premier league, I just want entertaining 90mns every Saturday. Isn't that the whole point of a league? If that's not good enough for ya, shouldn't ya go buy a Man City shirt?

Ludo, no I don't think relegation battles are more fun, means we're playing pants football every Saturday. If you get relegated we end up with worse players and far less opportunities for us to watch them on TV.

Jelle, yeah I understand there's some glamour in Europe but the reality is different. Have a look at the teams English clubs played this year. Would any of them really get you excited:

I can see the point for both sides of the argument and well you just have to look at Burnley this year to see how it can go wrong but with pellegrini at the helm I really don't think that would happen to us. Also we would attract bigger names with European football.

Out of interest as we are on the differing sides here where would you want us to finish? Play good football and finish 8th every year? Not having a go but that would only be seen as progress for 1 year maybe 2 if we could get a decent cup run too but the optimist in me believes we could be better than that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I would ****ing love a trip to PAOK, Olympiakos, Rennes, Sporting,... with West Ham to be fair.
    It's not even the glamour or lack thereof, but the trips away would be fantastic.

• Advertisement

I can see the point for both sides of the argument and well you just have to look at Burnley this year to see how it can go wrong but with pellegrini at the helm I really don't think that would happen to us. Also we would attract bigger names with European football.

Out of interest as we are on the differing sides here where would you want us to finish? Play good football and finish 8th every year?
    Not having a go but that would only be seen as progress for 1 year maybe 2 if we could get a decent cup run too but the optimist in me believes we could be better than that
    TBH, I'm not really bothered about league placing. Just entertain me for 2 hours every week. That last season at Upton Park, I watched nearly every game live that year, and it was something I'd look forward to, plonking myself down on the couch on a Saturday. Payet in his prime, beating Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool away in the first month, pretty much every game after that was memorable for something or other, coming from 2-0 down away to Everton in the last 15mns, beating Liverpool 3 times in the season, Payets free kick away to United in the cup, and then the final night at Upton Park.

We were in Europe that season too, beat a team in Andorra and Malta before losing to a Romanian side.

But to get, and more importantly, KEEP players like Payet, Anderson, Arnoutiovic, etc, etc then you gotta have a plan to get into and take Europe seriously. they want to play on the big stage. They are not gonna stay at a team that doesn't want to progress and be playing in Europe every year.
    Building up a squad based on Europa league leads to a better class of player and better entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I didn't see today's game, were we as rubbish as the result suggests??

The Jman wrote: »

Not at all. We wuz class.

Had three games going at the same time today (Meath, Leinster and West Ham). We were atrocious. Could have easily been 4 or 5 down after 30 minutes. Season will probably Peter out now.

They result flatters us if anything we were absolutely dire fabianski kept it respectable. There was shades of the old west ham with no-one showing for the ball and a lack of a leader without noble have to question some of the managerial decisions namely starting perez and obiang to a lesser extent but we are in danger of heading off on our holidays early with 2 or 3 more bad results

Had three games going at the same time today (Meath, Leinster and West Ham). We were atrocious. Could have easily been 4 or 5 down after 30 minutes. Season will probably Peter out now.

I could see us getting no more points at this rate, tough run in, and team compeltly disinterested

... we were so fortunate to get NIL!

How on earth did we manage to lose that one?Suppose it's difficult when Man U are pretty much guaranteed to be gifted at least a goal headstart by the officials but I can't remember us dominating a game in Old Trafford like that.

• Advertisement

.... even Utd fans are admitting we were robbed (and they usually admit nothing)... ref/linesman terrible :mad:

Advertisement