Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

And another perfectly good goal chalked off for offside. It’s like the officials know that they can’t screw us over as much next season with VAR so they’re doing as much as they can in the last few games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

And another perfectly good goal chalked off for offside. It’s like the officials know that they can’t screw us over as much next season with VAR so they’re doing as much as they can in the last few games.

Looking back on it we are getting sh1t all luck this year. Liverpool game 2 points United game 3 points yesterday 2 points away to city 1 point. 8 points we have been wrongly done out of and to say we had 0 points after 4 games we really are in such a false position and thats before we talk about injuries..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Did I like that or what? Super performance...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Congratulations west ham you wanted the win much more than us!

For some reason I was actually fairly confident that we'd win that yesterday.
    Very weird season. After the horror start, we never looked like getting dragged into trouble but at the same time, we never looked like getting into European contention with performances like Burnley and Everton coming semi regularly and our ridiculous injury list all season.
    I honestly have no idea how next season. Could make a run at champions league places like in Bilic's first season or we could just as easily be dragged into a relegation battle.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I honestly have no idea how next season. Could make a run at champions league places like in Bilic's first season or we could just as easily be dragged into a relegation battle.

So basically your average West Ham season then.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Zabaletta signs on for another year.

Carroll and Adrian out the door. I genuinely do feel sorry for Carroll (from a football perspective). When he was fit and in form, he was unplayable. Unfortunately, he averaged less than 20 games a season while he was with us. From what I've heard, his body isn't physically capable of playing top level football anymore.

Gonna miss Adrian. Mad as a brush but a decent backup for Fab.

Carroll and Adrian out the door. I genuinely do feel sorry for Carroll (from a football perspective). When he was fit and in form, he was unplayable. Unfortunately, he averaged less than 20 games a season while he was with us. From what I've heard, his body isn't physically capable of playing top level football anymore.

Gonna miss Adrian. Mad as a brush but a decent backup for Fab.

He was desperate to stay from what I'm reading was looking for a pay as you play contract. Not pellegrinis cup of tea is my thinking. I did like him when he was on the pitch but he's just made of glass. Adrian deserves to play regularly but he wasn't gonna get that with us had been a good servant.

On a brighter note the kits are released in the morning :D learned my lesson about getting caught up in transfer rumours so will leave that be for the time being anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Away kit is very nice. Undecided on the home one
    Nice touch with the old crest on the back

Store website is down ... must be huge demand for the pre order :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

He was desperate to stay from what I'm reading was looking for a pay as you play contract. Not pellegrinis cup of tea is my thinking. I did like him when he was on the pitch but he's just made of glass. Adrian deserves to play regularly but he wasn't gonna get that with us had been a good servant.

On a brighter note the kits are released in the morning :D learned my lesson about getting caught up in transfer rumours so will leave that be for the time being anyway
    Carroll had a history of being made of glass

Was crocked at liverpool and thought then he would be a poor signing overall.
    He did perform in some games, but when you factor in, injuries wages etc, he was a flop. I had hoped he could have stayed fit.

As for Adrian, what goes around comes around, he took a regulars spot, now someone takes his spot, its how things go.

As for the drug cheat, won't miss him, and the club should never have signed him.

Hopefully all those wage bills can go to better players

Rob Green hangs up his gloves.
    Best keeper I've seen at West Ham. That performance at the Emirates will still be talked about in 20-30 years time.

Carroll had a history of being made of glass

Was crocked at liverpool and thought then he would be a poor signing overall.
    He did perform in some games, but when you factor in, injuries wages etc, he was a flop. I had hoped he could have stayed fit.

I remember thinking at the time I think Liverpool spent about 55 million on downing and Carroll and we picked them up for about 20 obviously closer to their true value but he done a job. Billic used him as a great weapon in out last season in Upton park recent memory bias makes things a bit more bitter much like the fat Sam situation

Rob Green hangs up his gloves.
    Best keeper I've seen at West Ham. That performance at the Emirates will still be talked about in 20-30 years time.

I hrew up watching Phil Parkes, possibly rated the best in the clubs history by most, but for me Ludek Miklosko ismy favorite from watching.

As good as Green was he is still behind those 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Ludo was my fave also...hence my user name :-)

Ludo was my favourite too

Was possibly too young to really remember Ludo (though definitely remember the Man U game in 1995).
    I remember one season with Green between the sticks I don't think he concedes a goal from a penalty (we had 5 or 6 given against us).
    Yet he somehow couldn't get a game with England.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I'm the only one that loved Shaka hislop then am I???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I remember one season with Green between the sticks I don't think he concedes a goal from a penalty (we had 5 or 6 given against us).
    Yet he somehow couldn't get a game with England.
    All to his left wasn't it, saved 6 to his left, 0 to his right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Away kit is very nice. Undecided on the home one
    Nice touch with the old crest on the back.

I think the home kit looks class. Retro is so now! Not really one for shirts- only got a few over the years, but defo getting this one. COYI!

• Advertisement

I've set up a WhatsApp group for Kilkenny based West Ham fans. If anyone based in Kilkenny wants to be added just Pm me your number.

Only been to LS twice and both were flying visits in and out but are there any areas around the ground that have stalls selling all sorts of paraphernalia like the old match day experience walking down from the tube station to Upton Park? Didn't notice anything on my previous visits.

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Only been to LS twice and both were flying visits in and out but are there any areas around the ground that have stalls selling all sorts of paraphernalia like the old match day experience walking down from the tube station to Upton Park? Didn't notice anything on my previous visits.

It's definitely not like UP, but the area around Carpenter Arms has a few stalls. I'd imagine the area around the supporters club bar would have stalls setup too (Stour Space)

Anybody know if there's a Galway Hammers supporter's group? Can't see any on boards, or anywhere else online. I used to bump into a guy in my local where I used to go to watch live Hammers matches (before I got my streaming app), who mentioned a Hammers club, but now that I've gone looking, I can't find mention of one.

Shedite27 wrote:
    It's definitely not like UP, but the area around Carpenter Arms has a few stalls. I'd imagine the area around the supporters club bar would have stalls setup too (Stour Space)

That supporters club is a bit crappy... 25quid so you can get into a pub that closes at 8pm!

It feels mighty refreshing to be getting business done early and relatively quietly. Fornals could turn out to be a gem and quite cheap at about 25m for a 23 year old I'm more than happy to go with pellegrinis judgement and if he thinks he can play 'the west ham way' then bring it on

Man City at home in the first game. Finish the season at home to Villa.
    When did we last win our first two games of the season, out of interest? Can't remember us doing so since the turn of the century. Won't happen next season either.

Man City at home in the first game. Finish the season at home to Villa.
    When did we last win our first two games of the season, out of interest? Can't remember us doing so since the turn of the century. Won't happen next season either.

Well that completes the set now for the 'big 6' for the last 6 years if memory serves me right it's the first time we have been at home on day one since 14/15.

Would be nice to get 5-7 points on the board before the first break but we do have a nice run from Christmas to February and our last 6 could be alot worse too

I'm happy enough with City first game of the season. A win or a draw is a good start to the season. If we lost at least we have one game against city outta the way!!

• Advertisement

wallpaper I made

cd759a1250983884.jpg

Pablo Fornals confirmed. Anyone know much about him. Looks a lot like Lanzini from what I've seen of him

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Pablo Fornals confirmed. Anyone know much about him. Looks a lot like Lanzini from what I've seen of him

But there ain't nobody like lanzini :D

In all seriousness I think he is bringing pellegrinis stamp with him that we are going to be playing alot more positive football and moving it quickly hoping to outscore the opposition. If (fingers crossed) Wilshire can even have half a season with the likes of Anderson/lanzini/fornals/Antonio/yarmolenko/arnie in front of him we could actually have some real potential this year

all too many years the hammers have signed potential stars for big money that most dont work out.

I would rather the club spent more on proven winners , rather sign 3 proven players than 6 possible stars.
    Look at some of the duds the club bought for big money....for every gem unearthed, there has been a rake of rubbish.

West Ham has always been a club to produce its own players, from the youth teams, how many of the recent England teams all played for west ham at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Fornals has the hallmark of a player who can become fantastic down the line, rather get the likes of him than spend 70m or so on 'a proven winner'.

Also proven winners don't come to West Ham until West Ham start winning stuff, that's the truth of the matter.

Does anyone know where he's likely to fit into the team? With lanzini, Anderson yarmolenko etc I thought we were fairly ok for attacking players!!

• Advertisement

The Jman wrote: »
    Does anyone know where he's likely to fit into the team? With lanzini, Anderson yarmolenko etc I thought we were fairly ok for attacking players!!

Ya gotta factor in the high injury rate with the hammers though.

Benitez gone, Pelligrini in the hunt for Rondon. Only so-so on loan at Newcastle, his relatively low price could be a boon for a midfield that is burgeoning with talent. And not that injury prone. Definitely a plus for the Hammers, at £16.5 M, as a better service to him than he's used to could prove a revelation.

The facebook page put up two videos yesterday of Payet, I'm suspicious.

The facebook page put up two videos yesterday of Payet, I'm suspicious.

It's pretty common knowledge marseille need to sell and chatter is that he has been made available to us. Whether pellegrini wants him or mot would be questionable. I'm not sure if I miss him or I miss that season that we had but id nearly take him back for his free kicks alone haven't had the genuine excitement as he stood over the ball since and not for a long long time before he arrived

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

He's a disruptive influence (albeit a great player) - we've moved on, leave him to someone else...

• Advertisement

pjmn wrote: »
    He's a disruptive influence (albeit a great player) - we've moved on, leave him to someone else...

+ 1
    He showed his true colours before he left.
    Pelligrini's got a wise auld head on him; very much doubt he'd be interested.

pjmn wrote: »
    Besides, the great player but disruptive influence slot has already been filled by Arnautovic :pac:

I'd rather not have a 32 year old come back for a year or 2 and possibly disrupt our squad. Hopefully we have a bit more ambition than that!

Besides, the great player but disruptive influence slot has already been filled by Arnautovic :pac:

Transfer request handed in. Auf wiedersehen.

Transfer request handed in. Auf wiedersehen.

Hola Maxi Gomez? (fingers crossed)

https://talksport.com/football/48174...w-luis-suarez/

"Celta’s sporting director Felipe Minambres recently said he wants the club to retain Gomez, but admitted he was powerless to if the Hammers pay his £35million release clause."

So Arnie gone...thank fook to be honest at this stage.
    Looks like Gomez gone to Valencia...but....hold on. Ex Says it ain'd done yet and then tweets "Don't go to bed...". Could be an interesting few weeks ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

"Marko Arnautović is an Austrian mercenary who sulks for Premier League club West Ham United and the Austrian national team. Arnautović began his career in his native Austria playing in the youth teams for a number of clubs in the Vienna area before he signed a contract with Dutch club Twente in 2006. Wikipedia"

Wikipedia right as always. Glad to have a clown like that out, good player but not as good as he thinks and doesn't have the application to match. Perfectly suited to Chinese football

Why did we waste money on a bigger contract for him in January only for him to sit on the bench for 6 months and be sold for "relative" pennies?

The only sour point on arnie going is that waiting 6 months has cost us the guts of 15m but definitely not sorry to see the back of him that attitude is like a cancer.

There is nearly something refreshing with us throwing 40m at celta for gomez obviously a big risk but I'm in the camp of give pellegrini whatever he wants. Rondon seems to be very close too and for around 14m is a tidy little pick up imo.

Relating back to a previous post there about ex on Twitter he seems to have been really taken out of the loop now he's never first with any relevant news claretandh seem to be the ones that are spot on most of the time now

claretandh is a moutpiece for Sullivan so there is always an agenda with him. But you are right of course. Ex (and all other ITKs) are really out of a job with the new regime. And that is a good thing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement