Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

the prick arno should have been out the door the first moment he moans,
    if a player thinks he is bigger than the club, him and his ego need being sold, just like when payet had his inflated ego run amok.

In fact dor spite i would refuse to sell him and bench him as an example to anyone else that tries that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Looks like Maxi back on as we are paying twice the wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

the prick arno should have been out the door the first moment he moans,
    if a player thinks he is bigger than the club, him and his ego need being sold, just like when payet had his inflated ego run amok.

In fact dor spite i would refuse to sell him and bench him as an example to anyone else that tries that.

Not to overly defend payet but very different situations he had a good reason he just went about it all the wrong way. Arnie is 10x more disrespectful and is just showing he loves money more than football. Wouldn't let him for personally the funds will go toward his replacement and f*ck paying him 140k a week to train with the kids get rid and good riddance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

While I wholehearedly agree with the sentiment, that is easy to say when it is someone elses money draining into his bank account for no return. Sell him for 25mill, invest it in the squad and move on is all you can do really.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

He’s shown that he doesn’t give a sh!t about football, just about money. He’d probably love rotting in the reserves.

Can’t fathom why we wasted probably the guts of 10 million on his wages since January when we could have gotten rid of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

According to the Sunday Times, Rondon is set to reunite with Benitez in China:

"Salomon Rondon is poised to become Rafa Benitez’s first signing for Dalian Yifang."

Supposedly a medical booked this weekend with Gomez for the Hammers, then: "Everton table £33m offer to hijack West Ham's move for Maxi Gomez".

I was hoping the perennially excruciating "nearly, nearly... missed him" bids from West Ham would change with Pellegrini. Hopefully, The Engineer can still bag Gomez; assuming Diop stays put, with some more 'strength in depth', the team is starting to look pretty decent. Brilliant defensive partnership with Diop and Balbuena, Rice in front of them, and a mix of inventive attacking midfielders. Gomez would be a great addition up front.

Reports in Spain now say he has told WHU that he will be joining Valencia...ah well.

Ludo wrote: »
    Reports in Spain now say he has told WHU that he will be joining Valencia...ah well.

We're all used to this, but damn he looked good for the squad. Hopefully better luck with Wilson then.

Dare I say it but I think at the start of this Gomez saga it was about 75:25 against us but now all reports have it firmly in our favour. Husillos deserves a statue if we can pull this off. Seems to be coming to a conclusion one way or the other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Dare I say it but I think at the start of this Gomez saga it was about 75:25 against us but now all reports have it firmly in our favour. Husillos deserves a statue if we can pull this off. Seems to be coming to a conclusion one way or the other

I've mixed feelings on all this ... if a player actually wants to join then there shouldn't be all this over and back. From reports over the week it appeared he wanted to stay in Spain so they were going to throw more money at him to convince to move ... and even at that he still undecided!
    Refreshing to see that money may not be a prime motivator, but if he not keen then it could be just moving for the sake of it and cashing in at the same time.

I agree, if a player is hesitant in joining, most likely he will want out to return home if things are a little tough for him.

If they have no outright desire to join, and have to be convinced, then sod them

Don't think we would be doing this much work for a player who wholeheartedly doesn't want to come husillos clearly knows what he is at. Gomez is young good in the air and powerful will suit the league nicely I would think. We already have balbuena lanzini Anderson And Sanchez as a South American contingent add in fornals coming from la liga too. If this gets done it's a real statement of intent realistically he should be too good for us bar city he'd get in pretty much every other team in the league. Personally I'd be over the moon

It seems the reason Gomez had wanted Valencia over the Hammers is their shoe-in for Champions League. That's fair enough. His representatives seem to be pushing WHU over Valencia though. With a long-term contract, at 22, Gomez could be the man to spearhead a push for Europe. Europa next season, assuming a 5th/6th position this season (ok, groan), and probably the next. But the following season could see a push for 4th, with some strength in depth. It's not an unreasonable forecast, if we can get some strength in depth. Finishing 5th/6th for a couple of seasons should see a desire for other top quality players to take part in the next phase. I really hope we get Gomez now that it's all back in the mix.

In the saga/soap opera of the Gomez transfer, it looks like 'game over', because of the full payment insistence, rather than instalments, of the buy-out clause:

http://sportwitness.co.uk/spain-soap-opera-maxi-gomez-will-play-valencia-not-west-ham/

Can the producers of the show get the writers to insert some cliff-hangers please? It gets annoying, but I want the story to go on, and for the hero/villain to end up signing for the Hammers.:p

https://foreverwestham.com/2019/07/blog-topics/journalist-west-ham-have-completed-36m-deal-for-haller/

"Just a day after Sky Sports reported that the Hammers’ deal for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez is off, it appears that the Irons may have found a replacement option to take the place of the Uruguay international. The West Ham fans, though, will be thinking that they may end up with a superior frontman here. Haller scored more goals than Gomez last term and was involved in more assists, all while playing alongside Jovic. £36million is a lot of money, but it’s roughly the same as what they were prepared to pay for Gomez. It’s clear that after the departures of Arnautovic, Andy Carroll and Lucas Perez, that Manuel Pellegrini needs to sign at least one new attacker. Haller, it would appear, is his man. Schira seems to think the deal is done and that a five year contract has been agreed."

• Advertisement

https://foreverwestham.com/2019/07/blog-topics/journalist-west-ham-have-completed-36m-deal-for-haller/

"Just a day after Sky Sports reported that the Hammers’ deal for Celta Vigo striker Maxi Gomez is off, it appears that the Irons may have found a replacement option to take the place of the Uruguay international. The West Ham fans, though, will be thinking that they may end up with a superior frontman here. Haller scored more goals than Gomez last term and was involved in more assists, all while playing alongside Jovic. £36million is a lot of money, but it’s roughly the same as what they were prepared to pay for Gomez. It’s clear that after the departures of Arnautovic, Andy Carroll and Lucas Perez, that Manuel Pellegrini needs to sign at least one new attacker. Haller, it would appear, is his man. Schira seems to think the deal is done and that a five year contract has been agreed."

Never gonna happen.

Never gonna happen.

I've read since this that it never was gonna happen, as the journalist was talking through his hole: Haller denied any link. So back to same old west ham way of transfer debacles.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think it's people pulling random names out their hoop.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Gomez was obviously first choice but haller would be a very good alternative been priced out of belloti to be fair there are plenty of very good strikers we can pick up for 40m or the guts of it. Marega worries me though I would not want him and Silva from Milan won't suit us either I don't think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Looks like Haller will happen after we are supposed to have put in a 75million release clause into his contract. If that's what it takes to get him then I'd say get him!

We are also rumoured to be looking at Joel Veltman from Ajax who is a defender.

• Advertisement

Looks like Haller will happen after we are supposed to have put in a 75million release clause into his contract. If that's what it takes to get him then I'd say get him!

We are also rumoured to be looking at Joel Veltman from Ajax who is a defender.

Centre back isn't he? That would pave way for ogbonna to leave I would think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Problem solved - Andy's back training with us... :D

Haller be thy Name.

If the Dally Mail is to be believed, things are looking good with regards to getting Haller:
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/791638/West-Ham-transfer-news-Sebastien-Haller-Eintracht-Frankfurt

The guy looks fantastic, and at £36 million, it looks too good to be true....

Never gonna happen.

So it looks like I have been proven wrong and this is in fact going to happen tomorrow. Sounds like medical has been passed and just announcement left which should come tomorrow. Glad to be wrong on this. Could be a brilliant signing.

If injuries can be minimised this season, we have a very decent squad.
    Being West Ham though, that is a big if.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I'm not getting too excited, 9 and 14 goals in the Bundesliga, that's less than Chicarito.

Haller be thy name!
    “I am delighted to announce the arrival of French striker Sebastien Haller, the Club’s new record signing,” said Gold via his personal Twitter account on Wednesday afternoon.

I'm not getting too excited, 9 and 14 goals in the Bundesliga, that's less than Chicarito.

It's not all about the goals:
    https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/haller-lujah-for-west-ham-as-sebastien-haller-completes-club-record-45million-move-report

This summer west ham has either released or sold

Nasri - Free
    Arnautovic £22m
    Fernandes £7.5M
    Carroll - released
    Perez £2.3 M
    Adrian - released
    Byram - 750k

Players signed:

Haller £45m
    Fornals £24m
    Roberto - Free
    David Martin- Free

I suspect the overall wage bill has not increased much if any, seeing as that is 4 new salaries as opposed to 7 old salaries

Serious amount of negativity flying around Twitter about pelle saying he is happy with his squad and that sullivan is just being a tight arse. We have just forked out the guts of 70m on 2 top players. I can agree that we may need cover for rice but I wouldn't say it's a necessity. Actually quite like how we are shaping up for this season with a midfield packed full of quality just not sure how we can fit them all in

On a separate note sorry to see obiang leave if rumours were to be believed he's been looking to go back to Italy for a while not that his attitude or performances would ever have told you that. A real professional and that rocket in wembley will live long in the memory

• Advertisement

Serious amount of negativity flying around Twitter about pelle saying he is happy with his squad and that sullivan is just being a tight arse. We have just forked out the guts of 70m on 2 top players. I can agree that we may need cover for rice but I wouldn't say it's a necessity. Actually quite like how we are shaping up for this season with a midfield packed full of quality just not sure how we can fit them all in
    Mos def need another left winger. Cresswell would be fine as back-up, but first team? Flying up the wing doesn't cut it when you're rubbish defensively.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

A lot of people seem to think it's as easy as buying some top players (regardless whether they want to even sign for West Ham I guess ?) and we'll be fighting for European places.

It's a long term project, people need to keep that in mind.

Obiang joins Sassuolo for £7.2million.

Not sure what the hammers signed him for but seems a good deal for someone who wanted out., but unlike so many efo maniac priks that have thrown strops like arnoutovic , he was at least professional in his dealings.

Masuaku signs a contract extension to 2024

Masuaku signs a contract extension to 2024

All positions seem to be 'covered' at the mo, with strength-in-depth the main issue. As far as I can see though, as left wingers, neither Massuaku nor Cresswell cut it defensively. Left back is still our Achille's heel.

Haller and Fornals both score against Hertha Berlin in their friendly. Cresswell crap as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

I'm starting to dream about challenging for top 6, how badly are my dreams gonna be crushed do ya reckon?

The Jman wrote: »
    I'm starting to dream about challenging for top 6, how badly are my dreams gonna be crushed do ya reckon?

The clue is in the lyrics to bubbles.

The Jman wrote: »
    The clue is in the lyrics to bubbles.
    :pac:
    Unless we splash some more on strength-in-depth, or the Physio Dept puts a stop to the constant injuries, fadin' and dyin', like taxes, is on the cards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Hi lads, Arsenal fan here ...
    Just wondering who is the back up keeper to Fabianski now that Adrian is gone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hi lads, Arsenal fan here ...
    Just wondering who is the back up keeper to Fabianski now that Adrian is gone ?
    Lad called Roberto, journeyman 33 year old

I think its 50/50 if its roberto or david martin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Lad called Roberto, journeyman 33 year old

ah that's right, I remember now my Hammer supporting mate telling me about signing a keeper early in the Summer.... Cheers Lads

hammers come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with ahtletic bilboa, but lose on penalties in some friendly comp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭me89

hammers come from 2-0 down to draw 2-2 with ahtletic bilboa, but lose on penalties in some friendly comp

We look so good going forward but the back 4 is a real worry , need to get 1 or 2 in by Thursday

keeper Adrian signs for liverpool

keeper Adrian signs for liverpool

Best of luck to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

me89 wrote: »
    We look so good going forward but the back 4 is a real worry , need to get 1 or 2 in by Thursday
    Portugese CB being lined up

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Portugese CB being lined up

Goncalo Cardoso. Only 18, and doesn't put in that many tackles. So, one for the future maybe. That said, he looks like he may be able to play left back as well, which would be a bonus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement