Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Ludo wrote: »
    Hernandez leaving...pity it didnt work out. Does leave up a bit light up front withAntonkioout so hopefully Haller or Ajeti don't get injured.

Hernandez blew hot and cold, but sad to see him go. At least he had scored on his final game.
    4-2-3-1 seems to be Pelligrini's preferred system, so I would think the emphasis on a lone striker, with Ajeti as back-up and Antonio as emergency back-up, means in the January transfer market we might be able to afford a new left wing-back. So if Masuaku is injured, Cresswell doesn't have to come on. Alternatively, the donkey Ogbonna could be replaced as bench-warmer to Diop's rightful centre-back pairing with Balbuena with another new signing.
    Why Ogbonna is preferred more recently to Balbuena is hard to fathom- supposedly it's just because the donkey is left footed, but surely that can't justify it.
    I'm really hoping Wilshere will start against the Villains, after the international break, and can thereby make a case for the following game against Man U.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

If the team is playing well, I would not change it, even if it means wiltshere has to wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Wilshire???

I'd play the tea lady in midfield before him - he's no where near premier league standard...

pjmn wrote: »
    Wilshire???

I'd play the tea lady in midfield before him - he's no where near premier league standard...

he seems to be highly rated.

I dont see what it is in him, he is not bad, nut nothing special either.
    I leave the team as it is for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Wilshere has it. Fully fit and in form he is England quality but he's a long way off that atm I don't think it's any surprise how our form has bounced once noble has returned. I do think Jack will still have a role to play I just hope he finds his form in not a lack of work ethic that's stopping him

• Advertisement

seems the hammers sold hernandez for 7million.

Interesting article here about players that left where clubs lost a fortune on the players

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49559153

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Chance to go third in the table so of course we get a scoreless draw.

A game that there to be won, and should have won, but after the sending off, a point was better than nothing

... true, but in the past we'd have lost 1-0 - so we are improving (I'm in 'glass half full mode' today :D)

I got to watch the match at last, with a view to seeing how the Hammers only managed to get only 1 shot on target, from Noble. It was mostly two teams set up the same way, making it an energetic and tough midfield battle (5 yellow cards- 2 for Masuaku), but geared towards tight defending where they basically cancelled each other out.
    Haller was soon crowded out; Yarmelenko wasn't that effective, but when Fornals came for him (granted, the game had opened up more towards the end), there was good link-up play between them. Up until the latter part of the second half, Haller was frequently dropping deep to help out the crowded midfield.
    Defensively, it was good to see Anderson helping out there, and thankfully again Ogbonna wasn't called on to do much; for an away match, the defensive game was pretty solid, where Aston Villa looked better in attack. Rice was excellent.
    A lot of the crossing, short and long, was sub-standard. If that could have improved, with Haller staying consistently up front (and Fornals behind him) there might have been a better chance for him, but maybe they would have weakened defensively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Really feel we need one more here. Utd will sneak one.

west ham could get a second and i still would never trust west ham to see it out.....such is the way as a hammer supporter.

not overly joyed with wiltshire on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Well done Mr Pellegrini

Apparently he has beaten four ManU managers now. Let's hope they don't get any ideas! Although he wouldn't take the step down anyway.

west ham could get a second and i still would never trust west ham to see it out.....

delighted to be proven wrong...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Good win but it's on a par with beating everton, Bournemouth etc these days. Still think we can play a lot better, our attacking players weren't at their best at all today

Was expecting a helping hand from the referee to get them back into it, even with VAR.
    Looking at our fixtures, the next proper dodgy fixture isn't until Spurs in late November. If we are really serious about European football next year we should be in and around the top 4 by then.

Happy out with that.... COYI's

Was expecting a helping hand from the referee to get them back into it, even with VAR.
    Looking at our fixtures, the next proper dodgy fixture isn't until Spurs in late November. If we are really serious about European football next year we should be in and around the top 4 by then.

Fair play to your optimism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Wasn't overly surprised today, that United team are awful.

• Advertisement

Fair play to your optimism
    Oh I don't think we will. But if they're serious about getting into Europe, they should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Mark Noble the beating heart of West Ham wherever they want to call home

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/23/mark-noble-west-ham-manchester-united-upton-park?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Nice to see some recognition for Sunday's performance and this man getting the credit

hammers dominating, 67% possession, but trailing to oxford

Anderson on for Wiltshire

Hilariously predictable.

Shocking result but if we win against Bournemouth I won't care. Hopefully a bad result will focus the boys minds for the weekend!!

thankfully its only a mickey mouse cup, but still 4-0 is bad.

as you say Jman, I sooner 3 points against bournemouth

100% West Ham

Had a look on Twitter and saw the last update as "3-0, Oxford score a third". First thought was "didn't even realise Reese Oxford was still with West Ham"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Reading some overreactions on facebook there, Pellegrini is a desgrace etc... Have noughties Arsenal and Man U fans jumped onto West Ham? I hope they jump off just as quick.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Had a look on Twitter and saw the last update as "3-0, Oxford score a third". First thought was "didn't even realise Reese Oxford was still with West Ham"

Haha I had the exact same reaction! Only took notice of the goal notification on the phone when I saw that and was wondering what had happened to his spells abroad.

hammers 1-0 up after 10 mins

hammers 1-0 up after 10 mins

and completely screw it up

Hope Fabianski is back for next game or we are in big trouble.

An away point isn't a disaster, just a shame we couldn't push on when we went one nil up. We seem to be struggling to get good ball to Haller which is a shame, his link up play is very good but we're not giving him many chances to score!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hope Fabianski is back for next game or we are in big trouble.

3 weeks apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

and completely screw it up

Not really

Against a team that will be vying with us for a 7th spot (or higher;)), the Hammers put on another fairly solid performance, second goal sleepiness aside. Yarmolenko was man of the match, and Cresswell is better now than he was last season, thankfully. There's been some sloppy passing over the past few games, but everyone seems to be playing well as a unit- with definitely far less panic in the keeper's penalty box than there used to be.
    Haller is still dropping back a lot, holding up and distributing, but always a constant threat; he's got great footwork, so even if he's not given a chance to shoot, he can draw a few players to him before he passes- which is where two up front is sometimes better.
    Diop still doing Trojan work, so that Ogbonna doesn't have to do much. Rice shining as ever (starting to push forward with more confidence now).
    All in all, the team is slowly getting to be a decent attacking team, without sacrificing too much in defence for that.

Against a team that will be vying with us for a 7th spot (or higher;)), the Hammers put on another fairly solid performance, second goal sleepiness aside. Yarmolenko was man of the match, and Cresswell is better now than he was last season, thankfully. There's been some sloppy passing over the past few games, but everyone seems to be playing well as a unit- with definitely far less panic in the keeper's penalty box than there used to be.
    Haller is still dropping back a lot, holding up and distributing, but always a constant threat; he's got great footwork, so even if he's not given a chance to shoot, he can draw a few players to him before he passes- which is where two up front is sometimes better.
    Diop still doing Trojan work, so that Ogbonna doesn't have to do much. Rice shining as ever (starting to push forward with more confidence now).
    All in all, the team is slowly getting to be a decent attacking team, without sacrificing too much in defence for that.

... good summary, I'd second that

Christ...Fabianski out for rest of the year according to reports this morning....disaster. Back in Jan apparently all going well. There goes any slim hope of top 6/7 this season. Relegation scrap coming our way.

Christ...Fabianski out for rest of the year according to reports this morning....disaster. Back in Jan apparently all going well. There goes any slim hope of top 6/7 this season. Relegation scrap coming our way.

Oh feck. Granted the only time I've seen Roberto was the Betway Cup against Bilbao but he looked like a fella who had never played in goal before.
    Was David Martin only signed to beef up the home grown player count, cos he cant be any worse!!

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Oh feck. Granted the only time I've seen Roberto was the Betway Cup against Bilbao but he looked like a fella who had never played in goal before.
    Was David Martin only signed to beef up the home grown player count, cos he cant be any worse!!

We will definitely be looking for an emergency loan deal if Fab is crocked. Roberto is awful. Have a look at the goals from Oxford last week, he didn't even dive for any of the goals. Nowhere near the standard.

Was just thinking that we had been relatively unscathed by injuries so far this season (compared to last season), and then this happens.

I dont believe one injury to the #1 keeper could mean the difference between relegation or 7th place.

Roberto does not look great, I would have3rd choice David Martin in the team before Roberto.
    Why they let Adrian go to take roberto is still a puzzler to me

I dont believe one injury to the #1 keeper could mean the difference between relegation or 7th place.

Roberto does not look great, I would have3rd choice David Martin in the team before Roberto.
    Why they let Adrian go to take roberto is still a puzzler to me

Probably because Roberto would be happier to sit on the bench every week and club would be happier to have someone on less wages sit there every week.

Think I read somewhere that Roberto and Martin combined was less than Adrians wages

I can get that, but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

now they might have to go out and get another keeper which by when all is done their goalkeeping wagr will be higher.

I can get that, but if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

now they might have to go out and get another keeper which by when all is done their goalkeeping wagr will be higher.

Yeah depends who they can get in on an emergency loan ... thats if they are willing to part with the money!

I suspect Adrian figured being the number 2 at Liverpool was likely to get him more success than being number 2 at West Ham.

Christ...Fabianski out for rest of the year according to reports this morning....disaster.

bbc saying 2 months

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49875670

:mad:

The west Ham way continues. Have a promising start and get our hopes up and then a big injury for one of our most important players!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement