Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Good luck tonight super hammer hope you break the crap out of pool and score a toon of goals too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

I'd be delighteder with an away win. :D

Its nice to have dreams :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Would have loved to have Antonio against this Liverpool defence. Feeling surprisingly optimistic here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

COYI's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Very soft peno there. 50/50 call between peno and a dive to be honest. Masuaku did seem to kick him so hard to argue with the decision but not too sure we would have gotten one for same thing at other end.

.... you can be sure we wouldn't have got it - has Kevin Friend ever given us anything????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Ludo wrote: »
    Very soft peno there. 50/50 call between peno and a dive to be honest. Masuaku did seem to kick him so hard to argue with the decision but not too sure we would have gotten one for same thing at other end.
    Slight contact, followed by slightly delayed somersault/spasm by Salah; definite wrongful contact unfortunately though.

Hopefully Masuaku can make up for his unlikely unfortunate incident- he's come on leaps and bounds and has a lot of talent.
    Going into the second half Moyes would normally double down on defence, but these days he might gamble on pushing forward. Given first half performances, with the threat mainly on the left, he might swap out Bowen for Yarmolenko, as Haller isn't get much service to swap out for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Masuaku did everything wrong not just kicking salah, he didnt even need to tackle he was going away from goal, he then stops and holds his hands up. Im sure hes kicking himself.

Phew.

• Advertisement

There we go...no surprise. Ah well.

The two subs up the level.:mad::(

feck that..... ��

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

you forgot to factor in the luck. There is no team in England with the luck of the scousers.

I would be delighted with an away point.

and sure enough

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think we should be happy at the moment. Picking up points against Leicester, Spurs and Man City makes up for the loss against Newcastle. Beating a middle of the road team, Wolves, by such a margin gives me confidence that West Ham are on the way to having a good season and hopefully we can be pushing for a European spot. How as ever, I 've been following West Ham long enough not to get my hopes up and just enjoy the positives while they ate here.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

As long as we don't pick up many injuries, and Moyes' set-up predictablility isn't exploited like Pelligrini's was, we should be at least be mid-table at end of season. Oh the thought of relegation-free worries.
    Haller just is not a lone striker, so depending on a fit Antonio is a big gamble.

Start of the season, with pretty much no transfers, and everyone around us strengethening, coming off a season where we finished 16th, I thought we'd struggle badly this year. Then when you look at the opening fixtures, I thought we'd be bottom at Halloween: Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester, Everton, Wolves and Newcastle to start. 8 points from that is better than I'd expected, now the fixtures turn into the bottom half teams for Nov/Dec, we'll see if we really are better than these teams:
    Fulham (h)
    Sheffield United (a)
    Aston Villa (h)
    Man Utd (h)
    Leeds (a)
    Crystal Palace (h)
    Chelsea (a)
    Brighton (h)
    Southampton (a)

15 points from those 9 games would have us set up well

VEry interested to see how tonight goes. Playing with a back 5 as underdogs is very different to playing at home to relegation candidates.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    VEry interested to see how tonight goes. Playing with a back 5 as underdogs is very different to playing at home to relegation candidates.

Yup, totally different game playing as favourites. Could ya imagine if there was a full stadium tonight. Would have got nervous/toxic in that second half. Might even have played into Fulham’s hands.

Antonio is irreplaceable in this team

• Advertisement

Yup, totally different game playing as favourites. Could ya imagine if there was a full stadium tonight. Would have got nervous/toxic in that second half. Might even have played into Fulham’s hands.

Antonio is irreplaceable in this team

It worked!

Phewwwwww!

Benrahma was nearly hero to zero there; good impact when on, then school boy error.
    Hammers made hard work of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Rough run 11points from 8 mostly tough games with Antonio out for some of it. Id say West Ham could have a safe enough season and be far from any relegation fight this year.

Id say Moyes could get them to where he got everton after a year or so. They are turning into my second favourite team.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Crossbar twice but got there in the end. If I was Scott Parker, I'd be furious with the penalty taker, absolute clown for trying that to tie the game.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Crossbar twice but got there in the end. If I was Scott Parker, I'd be furious with the penalty taker, absolute clown for trying that to tie the game.
    I don't know who to blame in that situation.

Mitrovic for not being stronger as the talisman striker and demanding the ball?
    Captian for not giving the ball to the star striker?
    Manager for not demanding that his star striker to take it?
    Obviously Lookman for trying something so stupid at a vital time.
    Do ya reckon other players knew what he was at? Like had he practiced it at training during the week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭The White Feather

I don't know who to blame in that situation.

Mitrovic for not being stronger as the talisman striker and demanding the ball?
    Captian for not giving the ball to the star striker?
    Manager for not demanding that his star striker to take it?

Mitrovic had a hamstring issue which is why he didn't take the penalty. They said that on Match of the Day.

Haller be thy name!
    Ffs though, with a game like this, and how it's gone, Benrahma should have been on at half-time.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

hopefully that goal will give Haller a bit of confidence and he'll push on now. 8th place, Antonio to come back and hopefully Benrahma can prove to be a quality player, things are looking good!!

Great strike by Haller....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

West Ham managed to salvage an absolutely horrific sporting week for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I laughed reading this, I had very low expectations of the season.

https://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-arent-sht-moyes-rice-soucek

I laughed reading this, I had very low expectations of the season.

https://www.football365.com/news/west-ham-arent-sht-moyes-rice-soucek

We finished 16th last season, bought nobody, the team below us (Villa) got Watkins, Barkley etc so were likely to be better than us. It's the same players, the same managers, maybe the mystery really is why we were so bad last year. I'm guessing trying to fit Andersen, Haller etc into the team didn't work

A win tomorrow puts us 4 off the top in 5th!
    3-0 loss it is.
    Seriously though, if we were to actually put in a series of performances over the next month, we'd be in such a strong position given the opposition. But I said that last season after we beat Man U. That run ended with Pellegrini getting sacked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Rip Pappa diop only 42

Stockport County from what I still call the Vauxhall Conference in the FA Cup third round.

Antonio starting tonight

5th at stake and we are on a good run....We're losing tonight.

Good first 15 mins and 1 up.........

They have started to boss it in the last 5. That header they had should have been in the net

That was coming. We have let them boss it since the 15 min.

Disappointing after a great start

• Advertisement

Coufal up against biggest diver most fouled player in EPL.

Ref is useless. That was NOT a foul by Antonio. We are **** also which isn't helping of course.

Benrahma time surely.

Haller and Benrahma for Bowen and Antonio at HT for me.

And they are both on...finally.

Antonio and Masuaku off.

Immediate impact from Benrahma!!

Glad he left Bowen on :-)

Fair dues to Moyes. I thought Antonio was looking slow at the end of the first half, so wasn't surprised to see Haller come on at start of second half, but thought he would do his usual trick and bring Benhrama on with ten minutes to go.

Grealish is such a diver

Grealish is such a diver
    No! He plays for England! He's an intelligent player that draws fouls.

• Advertisement

No! He plays for England! He's an intelligent player that draws fouls.
    Kinda sad really. Turned out to be the real deal, but that drawing fouls lark is sooo negative.

Advertisement