Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Usually around now is the time, Sky start to repeat remember-how-many-goals-West Ham-always-concede-in-the-last-few-minutes mantra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Like a reply of first half. They are all over us again.
    Peno now. Typical.

No frickin way.

Come on, thats not a penalty

We just need to slow them down more. The pace of the game suits them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Would be a miracle if we manage to hold on here.

We just need to slow them down more. The pace of the game suits them

Just what is needed. A wise old head. Nobes on for the last 12 mins

FFS typical.

That is a good win as we deserved nothing.

Honestly, that was never offside. If you need to get a geometry set out, the goal should stand.
    Having said that, we've been on the end on some utterly woeful VAR decisions over the last season and a bit so I'll take it. That Grealish got nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

We weren't just lucky with a win there; we were techically lucky as well.
    Like all the best teams, a poor(ish) display gets us a win.:pac::pac:
    Benrahma looked comfortable when he came on. He looks a good prospect.

Yes totally agree. VAR for those kind of things is silly. They should get rid of it.

Feel sorry for Villa but the amount of times Grealish dives makes me not feel sorry for them.

Somehow we won, but we have had a load of hard luck stories so finally we get a bit of luck.

Win against Man U on Saturday and we go 3rd for a couple of hours.
    We're bound to come crashing down though.

Feel sorry for Villa but the amount of times Grealish dives makes me not feel sorry for them.

Exhibit A

https://twitter.com/lfcrubn/status/1333519955967488003?s=20

Fornals got booked for this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

He even went down holding the wrong knee

Dean Smith: “One of their [West Ham’s] staff members was calling Grealish a ‘cheat’ and a ‘diver’.”

Well it is the truth.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A lucky win, it feels unusual to be on the end of some.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Delighted with the 3 pts - rode our luck, but feel we've been on the wrong end of games like that so often that we deserve one now and again - as for Grealish, he makes Harry Kane look honest!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

All downhill from here...its nosebleed position

Antonio out injured. Hopefully Benrahma will start (instead of Fornals/Lanzini).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Antonio out injured. Hopefully Benrahma will start (instead of Fornals/Lanzini).

Haller will be up top

Yeah- he's always up front if it's not Antonio.
    Looks like Fornals instead of Benrahma again today.
    2000 spectators in stadium.

1-up....lovely

haller with a chance but the guy makes a mess and tries to pretend he injured himself.

still not sold on this guy

Not convinced by Haller yet either but he is having a decent game. Think he was more embarrassed there than pretending to be injured. Decent half. We should be 3 up really. ManU are ****e and there for the taking. So now we will **** this up somehow.

Fornals keeping Benrahma out with good display. Bowen and especially Rice fantastic.

haller with a chance but the guy makes a mess and tries to pretend he injured himself.

still not sold on this guy
    He's an excellent player when he wants to be. Just don't think he wants to be here. In the build up to his goal against Sheffield United, he was basically just standing where he was and the ball happened to drop to him.

He's an excellent player when he wants to be. Just don't think he wants to be here. In the build up to his goal against Sheffield United, he was basically just standing where he was and the ball happened to drop to him.
    Said it many times before; he's not an out-and out striker- he should be playing beside or behind someone, not on his own up front. Obviously, he's a professional, and should adapt, so to get more out of him... he needs to be paid more. :pac:

when it comes to a 50/50 decision in football against man utd....it only goes one way

hammers threw this away

2-1 down

• Advertisement

Greenwood's first touch totally wrong-footed Ogbonna.

Dominant first half for Hammers. If only we had a Rashford and Fernandes to bring on in the second half.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I don't agree, he is a poor to average player at a Premier League level. I hope he improves but I don't think he will. He should not have been bought in the first place as his record in the Bundesliga was average.

Benrahma is excellent. I think Moyes should give up on Haller, he's not there for through balls, he gives up and waves his arms, doesn't run for half chances, losses the ball easy and he can't hit the target.

Posted this about 2 mins before yours Captain in the wrong thread :o

Haller has been abysmal. No-one close to a stand-in striker to replace him. Even another midfielder like Lanzini instead of him would be better.
    Benhrahma looking really dangerous; lotta skill there.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

Really should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals, by far the better team!! Rice is just getting better and better, he's gonna be the best midfielder in the league in a few years time if he keeps improving like this.

• Advertisement

Soucek and Bowen have been two incredible signings. And Ogbonna just keeps getting better.

Great come-back to win after 1-nil down, with only 36 per cent possession. Everyone except Haller giving 100 per cent. The sheer delight on the Hammers players faces at the end was great to see.

Posted this about 2 mins before yours Captain in the wrong thread :o

Saw that in the TV forum...thought I was going insane when i read it :D

Ludo wrote: »
    Saw that in the TV forum...thought I was going insane when i read it :D
    I was sure I had posted it, then Captain Havoc's showed up. :confused::o Doh! :rolleyes::D

The Jman wrote: »
    Really should have won that game by 3 or 4 goals, by far the better team!! Rice is just getting better and better, he's gonna be the best midfielder in the league in a few years time if he keeps improving like this.

maybe, but will he be still at the hammers though ?

• Advertisement

Is tonight's game available in Ireland? I think the last game on prime was geo blocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Is tonight's game available in Ireland? I think the last game on prime was geo blocked.

Last nights games were on premier sports nit sure how it's working out tonight with 3 games on at the same time as they only have 2 channels

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Very nice to check back in and see the negativity pushed to one side :D

Decent opportunity for us to make some ground tonight as alot of teams around us are playing each other or have tough games. This season is the first time I ever remember us not playing well but still winning games villa fulham and Sheffield united we didnt play particularly well in any of them but ground out results.

It's also very refreshing to see the team spirit that has formed it was very evident in the celebrations on friday night there is a real togetherness in the squad which cant be underestimated. Benrahma looked very exciting in his first start too first player of that ilk that we have had since payet..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ask amazon to put you on the uk prime.
    Worked for me.
    If you have the eir bundle I don't think they'll change it.

Was watching last night and I'm certain they said you can watch whichever match you want.

I see ex-Irons manager Big Sam has replaced ex-Irons manager Bilic at WBA.

we're absolutely useless so far tonight, palace deserve their lead!

Chance to possibly go within 3 points of the top so of course we're going to fcuk it up.

Benteke of all people is causing havoc.

What a goal!!! Haller useless in the first half and then goes and does that

Haller does like the spectacular.

• Advertisement
Advertisement