Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Lingard again! 6 mins left. NOW bring on Mipo!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Will ya shuddup :-)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

That went well! First win by more than a goal since Leicester in October! Vital after the poor performance on Sunday.
    Really good performance. Lingard played like he had something to prove. Thought Benrahma was excellent again. Really want him to break his duck as he's done pretty much everything but score. His assist for Soucek's goal was top class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Great win, very good football. Fulham and Sheffield United next 2, Liverpool lay Leicester and City next so decent chance to get back into the Top 4

Really good performance. Hopefully we keep that going now against Fuham. I must admit I was not too confident when I saw the line-up earlier, but everyone played well and we looked very strong going forward.

I can't see us holding onto Soucek over the summer the way he is playing.

Ludo wrote: »
    Will ya shuddup :-)
    Just because you put a smiley face after the comment, doesn't not make it a dick move.

Just because you put a smiley face after the comment, doesn't not make it a dick move.

Ah come on...seriously. it was a joke.
    You wanted Mipo on and they immediately scored. You even joked "See what happens when I spoke?:" (which I even thanked as it was funny).
    You repeated it then when we scored again and I didn't want them to score in the last minutes.

Absolutely no malice intended.

Ok, fair enough. Wasn't sure how to take it- just didn't want to let it lie the way it was, after being on a high with such an exciting game.
    COYI !!

Ok, fair enough. Wasn't sure how to take it- just didn't want to let it lie the way it was, after being on a high with such an exciting game.
    COYI !!

The risks of text and crappy humour. No context or tone.

No bother man. Great result...onwards and upwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Good lively game.
    Lingard impressive on debut. Linking up well with Benrahma on left, but Fredericks not doing much in right winger role; Bowen would be better.

I think Fredricks was only there to double up on Grealish. He probably ended up being freer than expected as Coufal had Grealish in his pocket. Thought Fredricks did OK all the same. Lingard, babtism of fire.

I know we're fifth in the table, but I think we should look at the bigger picture : no team has been relegated with 38 points in the last 10 years.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

10/10 again last night when we played them at home we absolutely rode our luck and took 3 points that we didnt deserve but last night we bossed them all over the park. Massive credit to Moyesie again tactics were spot on coufal was exceptional, for a player who hasnt played a game this year lingard look flying fit and added real quality to our play. Nice headache going forward with fornals benrahma and lingard battling it out for 2 spots hopefully will bring the best out of each

I think Fredricks was only there to double up on Grealish. He probably ended up being freer than expected as Coufal had Grealish in his pocket. Thought Fredricks did OK all the same.
    Good call. Though his link-up play and decision-making wouldn't be the best, he did get some great crosses in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Delighted with last night but unfortunately we have a run of difficult games after the league games with Fulham and Sheffield United. I think we should be beating both of those teams to give us a buffer before these games.

EtYcEkyWYAMViI8?format=jpg&name=900x900

Delighted with last night but unfortunately we have a run of difficult games after the league games with Fulham and Sheffield United. I think we should be beating both of those teams to give us a buffer before these games.

EtYcEkyWYAMViI8?format=jpg&name=900x900
    I hope for similar results as when we had an equally tough run at the start of the season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I watched the last two Spurs games, they are looking shaky and are there for the taking, Arsenal not looking great either. The two Manchester clubs are another story altogether though.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

Moyes nominated for Manager of the month and Dawson nominated for player of the month. Both well deserved.

Moyes nominated for Manager of the month and Dawson nominated for player of the month. Both well deserved.

Last 3 games xg
    Spurs (1.17) - scored 1
    Dawson (1.29) - scored 2

Awful first half. Lingard has been anonymous (among many others) . Would be a massive chance missed if we dropped points today.

Really confusing bringing Noble on. What's Fornals done to Moyes?

This is terrible stuff from us. Being overrun. Disappointing to not win this. And we will be lucky to get a draw the way it is going. Fredericks coming on now...

• Advertisement

Moyes seems happy with a draw but we are hanging on at times

hmmmm...Apparently Antonio holding his hamstring before coming off. That would not be good.

1 shot on target is fairly miserable. Just hoping for a point at this stage in a game I thought we would dominate

oh ffs...no way...this cannot be a red.

un-****ing-believable.

What an utter joke. How can (supposedly) one of the top referees in the league come to that decision after looking at replay after replay? He just has to be the centre of attention. What an embarrassment. Watch it not get rescinded as well.

Ludo wrote: »
    hmmmm...Apparently Antonio holding his hamstring before coming off. That would not be good.

I was watching the game, didn't show any signs of it. He had brought Yarmolenko on and went 2 up top for 20mns, didn't make any inroads, brought on another defender to keep the point.

Fulham are decent.

We looked very leggy. The pessimist in me thinks that this is the start of our slump. Our thin squad could come back to haunt us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

What an utter joke. How can (supposedly) one of the top referees in the league come to that decision after looking at replay after replay? He just has to be the centre of attention. What an embarrassment. Watch it not get rescinded as well.

Careful - you could be done for slander for even half suggesting Mike Dean is a top referee - he has been, is, and always will be an utter gob****e!

Soucek's red card has been overturned. Common sense prevails in that sense, but Mike Dean will still be refereeing at the highest level despite having two red cards of his rescinded in a matter of days.

• Advertisement

Antonio out injured tonight. Now Ogbonna gone off injured early on. Things beginning to take a turn?
    Hopefully Ogbonna not too serious as it was a knock rather going over on it.

Christ we are absolutely atrocious so far. Can't even make 5 yard passes stick. Wonderful save by Fab to keep us in it.
    Hopefully Oggy's injury isn't serious. At the very least, it's one area where we have decent cover.

Yep it's a struggle so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Carrying no attacking threat anyone on the bench who oculd change that?

Bit better in the last 10 minutes or so. Annoying that we've had several chances to get a decent ball into the box but messed up each of them.
    Only one chance for Man U but they'll have the likes of Fernandes and Cavani that they'll bring on if it's still 0-0 after an hour.

Benrahma

Poor game, glad to keep in 0-0

As you said, fearful for united's subs

Christ, Diop concussed now.

And Yarmolenko crocked. More injuries in 50 minutes than in the entire season.

• Advertisement

Odubeko coming on?

Yep..he's on. Can't be any worse anyway. Hope he does well.

Horrible game for him to come on. At least he's likely to put himself about more than Yarmolenko.

Man U defender jumps back into Soucek. Free kick, Man U :rolleyes:

Here comes Fernandes with the predictable winner.

The lad yous brought on up front has been useless here
    Surely Benrahma was a better option

• Advertisement

The lad yous brought on up front has been useless here
    Surely Benrahma was a better option
    He's an 18 year old in his second appearance, he's the only striker left on the bench and he's up front on his own. Benrahma is a winger and wouldn't be doing any better.

That's a red if Mike Dean is refereeing! :pac:

He's an 18 year old in his second appearance, he's the only striker left on the bench and he's up front on his own. Benrahma is a winger and wouldn't be doing any better.

Ah i see, just that time you had 3 on 2 he never looked like he wantd the ball played to him and he had loads of room to run into

That was really poor from start to finish by Rice. Dreadful touch lost the ball at the edge of their box and dreadful attempt at a clearing header at the other end.

I read that lad up top is Irish, any use under age?
    Bes been poor since hes come on

• Advertisement
Advertisement