Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Hope Moyes doesn't wait too long now to change things. They are very vulnerable to attacks but we haven't done any at all yet

Johnson in particular has been very poor. Keeps giving the ball away

The team that is playing right now is the team that should have started the game

Fairly abysmal stuff. Way too defensive set up at the start. A game to forget about from our point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Awful stuff, free hit really with all the other teams around us dropping points. I realise we were missing Fornals and Lingard, 2 of our main attacking players, but looked far too defensive from the start. Easy to say it now but should have been mroe attacking from the off. We'd nothing to lose.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Easy to say it now but should have been mroe attacking from the off. We'd nothing to lose.

Moyes should have known this as Man Utd conceded 6 goals at home to Everton, Newcastle and Sheffield Utd. That's where we could have got at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

yeah could have got a result tonight if we were braver

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

I suppose with Fornals and Lingard out, it was going to be difficult, but jesus that was dire! It was a constant issue for Moyes while at Everton and, by the looks of it, he hasn't improved on it since. Arsenal next weekend and if we were to lose that, our season is in danger of petering out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

547636.png

Good defensive and attacking shape and teamsheet. If the negativity of the Liverpool and Man U games are dumped, the gunners game could be not just exciting, but an important victory if fourth spot is to be realistically entertained.

Pretty much the best lineup we could have hoped for given the injuries we have. While I'd take a draw, I think we realistically have to win to keep pressure on the top four. A loss would be our first time losing two league games in a row since the start of the season.

• Advertisement

Lingard you beauty!!!

I really think we should be getting 3 points today. Arsenal are very poor these days

Just as I type 2 nil!!!

Honestly was just going to post before we got the first that we should be beating Arsenal. I have seen them a few times and they are very poor.

Now we are 2 up!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Been working outside all day. This is the point where I usually give up on the match and go back outside to continue. Feel like doing the same now but so NOT for the usual reason.

Having said that...we can still **** this up I am sure.

3 up now!

Not gloating or anything but I expected 3 points. Arsenal look very ordinary these days. I have no idea if its all Arteta's fault but we should be beating them as we are.

Mind you its West Ham so I can never be certain! So I will only believe it when the final whistle goes!!

See, there you go. 3-1 now. You never know with West Ham

Yeah that was bound to happen. No matter how well we do, we're still West Ham and will always have the propensity to fcuk things up.

Just want half time to come now!

It is weird but we were literally hanging on there at the end of the half.

Probably should have been 3-2. Phew!!

Opening salvo from the Gunners straightaway into second half means the game is definitely ON!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Christ....

• Advertisement

This is the West Ham we know and love!
    Dawson determined to score in every game, doesn't matter which end it is.

We have let them back into this. Could have been a free kick for us though.

We have gone back in to a shell like the Liverpool and Man United games.

We are better off attacking them not just defending non stop

So close......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Same old West Ham...

Utterly predictable.
    The loss of Ogbonna is really showing now.

Hanging onto a draw now in a game that we should have won easily.

Moyes has done fantastic things but he settled back into his faults of pulling everyone back and trying to hang on. He did it in Liverpool and Man United games. Those were from the start! Here he has done it in this second half.

We have seen this doesn't work time and time again. Ireland do the same thing when we play. It is so infuriating to watch.

2 points dropped there. Arsenal are very poor and we should be beating them.

Moyes needs to learn to stop drawing everyone back so early in games. He keeps doing it.

A point doesn't do much for us. Just keeps us in touch.

Arsenal came out out in second half to spoil the party, but the usual overly cautious Moyes' strategy coming through again didn't help. Great game for neutrals; most annoying for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

It really is just typical west ham. 3 nil up at home after half an hour and all I'm thinking is if we can get to halftime without conceding we have a chance of winning. Fairly deflated after that now!!

• Advertisement

Took the kids out at 3-0 thinking this was a done deal. What the hell happened

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Took the kids out at 3-0 thinking this was a done deal. What the hell happened
    Sometime in the past, you chose to support West Ham. That's what happened :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Couple of observations after taking all day yesterday to get over what happened...

We were super for the first 40. Unfortunate own goal started the slide. We need ogbonna back and fornals was a big loss yesterday cresswell got f*ck all help from lingard/benny that's exactly what pablo would give us. Our bench is very light 2 keepers 3 kids lanzini fredericks balbuena and noble not many game changers there. I dont like pointing the finger at refs but he had an absolute shocker bowen was fouled for their second goal and lingard was going through on goal when he pulled it back for a player who went down long before. Antonio should have wrapped it up at 3-2. Bitterly disappointing and feels like a loss but if we can keep it together and get back on track for the next 4 games then we are still bang there. We also have quite a favourable time frame between games for the rest of the season with everyone else around us still involved in cups/europe. Cant be having a dig at moyes hes got it spot on alot more than he has got it wrong this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Couple of observations after taking all day yesterday to get over what happened...

We were super for the first 40. Unfortunate own goal started the slide. We need ogbonna back and fornals was a big loss yesterday cresswell got f*ck all help from lingard/benny that's exactly what pablo would give us. Our bench is very light 2 keepers 3 kids lanzini fredericks balbuena and noble not many game changers there. I dont like pointing the finger at refs but he had an absolute shocker bowen was fouled for their second goal and lingard was going through on goal when he pulled it back for a player who went down long before. Antonio should have wrapped it up at 3-2. Bitterly disappointing and feels like a loss but if we can keep it together and get back on track for the next 4 games then we are still bang there. We also have quite a favourable time frame between games for the rest of the season with everyone else around us still involved in cups/europe. Cant be having a dig at moyes hes got it spot on alot more than he has got it wrong this year.

I'm sorry to jump in on your thread, but the ref was equally poor on both sides. The clever quick free kick was taken yards from where it should have been and should have been retaken, and Soucek was offside for the third.

West Ham are having a fantastic season though and it would be great if you could pip Chelsea to 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

greendom wrote: »
    I'm sorry to jump in on your thread, but the ref was equally poor on both sides. The clever quick free kick was taken yards from where it should have been and should have been retaken, and Soucek was offside for the third.

West Ham are having a fantastic season though and it would be great if you could pip Chelsea to 4th.

Was he ? :)

pna0YnC.png

This is from when Sky were looking at it and they paused it the moment Antonio heads it on.

hadn't seen that angle before and the tv showed very few replays of it, but that's pretty conclusive. Antonio's reaction was that the goal should have been chalked off too!

Just the second goal to complain about although I'm more unhappy with the Arsenal defence sleeping and Leno's poor keeping for that one.

• Advertisement

Clutching at straws there. As pointed out, Soucek was not offside. And if you're going to complain about our quick free kick (which was taken further back from where the offence occurred), then the free kick awarded to Arsenal prior to their second goal should also have been retaken as it was quickly taken in a more advanced position than where it was awarded.

Clutching at straws there. As pointed out, Soucek was not offside. And if you're going to complain about our quick free kick (which was taken further back from where the offence occurred), then the free kick awarded to Arsenal prior to their second goal should also have been retaken as it was quickly taken in a more advanced position than where it was awarded.

The free kick that shouldn't have been awarded anyway? So that goal gets chalked off twice? Keep that up and we'll be in minus goal territory!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The only people happy with yesterday's game are the neutrals. The way Arsenal played, they will be very disappointed to have let West Ham dominate them so much in the first 30 mins and to put away three chances. West Ham, we're disappointed to blow a three goal lead, the type of thing we were doing before this season. It was also disappointing to see how dominant Arsenal became. It's still the best season in my lifetime, but there's always the fear.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

The free kick that shouldn't have been awarded anyway? So that goal gets chalked off twice? Keep that up and we'll be in minus goal territory!
    I haven't seen a replay of the free kick but as Bowen dived earlier in the game, it's very possible that went against him in the eyes of the referee. In my opinion, even if there was contact, Bowen went down ridiculously easily and if the roles were reversed, I'd honestly have been delighted if the referee gave the free the way he did.

While I'm gutted at how it ended yesterday, I'd be hoping that Moyes would use the last couple of big games to beat GSB over the head with in order to get investment in the summer. Our first 11 has performed insanely well but once changes are needed, the pickings are slim. Antonio showed that he can't really be consistently relied on as a first choice striker as he misses far too many absolute sitters. We've also seen how an injury to major players (Oggy and Fornals) have greatly impacted us. While Diop and Dawson have been decent, the defence just doesn't seem as comfortable since Ogbonna's injury. And Cresswell was left utterly exposed on our left hand side yesterday where Fornals would usually have been backing him up.
    Hopefully the international break will give the two players above and possibly Masuaku the chance to recover.

9 games left. The reverse fixtures yielded 17 points which would be enough for anything from 4th to 7th if we were to get the same amount going by previous seasons. I'd honestly snap your hand off for that amount now.

Wolves (a)
    Leicester (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Burnley (a)
    Everton (h)
    Brighton (a)
    WBA (a)
    Southampton (h)

Soucek with a hattrick for the Czechs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Fulham's loss yesterday makes us mathematically safe :D

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Whatever optimism had been building has just gone flat as a pancake with the news on rice..

2 players we could not afford injuries to were himself and soucek. I love nobes but he weakens us so much in a 2 very unlikely but I'd like to throw Conor coventry in there and see if he can cope. The next month defines our season and this is the worst possible start without a ball being kicked

Whatever optimism had been building has just gone flat as a pancake with the news on rice..

2 players we could not afford injuries to were himself and soucek. I love nobes but he weakens us so much in a 2 very unlikely but I'd like to throw Conor coventry in there and see if he can cope. The next month defines our season and this is the worst possible start without a ball being kicked

Has it been confirmed anywhere yet? I've seen it runoured all voer the place all weekend.

If he's done for the season (per some rumours), it's goodbye top 4 dreams

Would've been a miracle had we gotten through the international break unscathed. Think this'll be the start of a poor run unfortunately.
    Though it's great to see Fornals and Masuaku back! They'll hopefully mitigate the loss of Rice.

Great start but Diop and Dawson booked already after 10 mins

2 up now!! :D

I am still nervous especially after Arsenal game......

It is crazy being a West Ham fan. 3 up and playing well and still nervous we wreck things up.

Just don't let them get one before half time!

They should have scored as I type.....phew!!

*Arsenal flashbacks intensify*
    It's just typical West Ham. No other team in fourth and 3-0 up against a team in the bottom half would be causing collective heart attacks of their fans.

Edit: Believe it or not, I posted this just before Wolves scored. Christ we're going to fcuk it up again, aren't we?

Of course they get one before half time.

Criminal stuff not holding out til half time

• Advertisement
Advertisement