Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

That spin from Lingard for the 2-0 was filthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

FFS This is so annoying.

Dropping way too deep just like Arsenal game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Christ....one one outcome to this match now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Need spare batteries for my pacemaker!!!! Why do they do this to us?

Here we go...

Jeez I think I aged 10 years there in the last 20 mins.....

Leicester, Newcastle, Chelsea next up. 4 points maybe from them and then a nice run in. I think we will finish 6th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

This has been a great season. Very enjoyable games most weeks. I reckon we need minimum 6 wins from 8 for Champions League.

That means beating Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom and Southampton (doable), but then need probably 4-6 points from Leicester (a), Chelsea (h), Everton (h).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

I love nobes but he weakens us so much in a 2 very unlikely but I'd like to throw Conor coventry in there and see if he can cope. The next month defines our season and this is the worst possible start without a ball being kicked

I take it all back he was superb tonight!!!

Dont think we win that game without his leadership. Lingard brings our attack to a different level we really are a joy to watch at times now.

Absolutely not putting any sort of a downer on tonight but we need oggy in a back 5 both diop and cresswell lacked the organisation and concentration that he brings

4th in the league with 1/5th of the season to go just breath that in who would have thought west ham would be the shining light in this year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Lingard is Man UTD's best player, some buachaill. I think whatever they want for him, just pay it, I hope he loves it at West Ham and wants to stay. I had to change my jocks after that game, they were capable of getting a third. I was nervous about the cards early on turning in to second yellows. We all know it will take an effort probably beyond us to get a Champions League spot, but this is West Ham, so anything is possible, probably end up winning the Champions League next season whilst simultaneously getting relegated.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Looking like Antonio could be out for the rest of the season. Coupled with Rice gone for most of the remaining games and it's unlikely to end well for us.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Looking like Antonio could be out for the rest of the season. Coupled with Rice gone for most of the remaining games and it's unlikely to end well for us.

Major disappointment, Antonio leaves everything on the pitch, such a great player. I think Rice is a great player, but we have better replacements for him.

Time for Bowen to step up,ideal opportunity for him. Similar route to Antonio to, signed from Championship, played wide a lot but wants to be through the middle. Seems a hard working lad and full of running, hope he can get us a few goals.

2-0 up at ht...not sure how to feel to be honest. Won't even feel comfortable if we go 3 up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

It's a great position to be in but with a fairly weak bench it'll take a huge effort from the boys to see it through. Just please God don't concede early in the second half, my heart won't be able to take it all!

• Advertisement

Ludo wrote: »
    2-0 up at ht...not sure how to feel to be honest. Won't even feel comfortable if we go 3 up now.

Yep...3-0...need 4 I think after last couple of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

.Please please Moysie- keep them attacking and not going defensive

When’s the Champions League draw?

Here we go...ffs

Here we go.

• Advertisement

Come on Moysie. Benrahma for Masuaku for more attacking football before it's 3-3.

Benrahma was due to come on, but thanks to Nobe's injury, it's a defensive midfield swap. With 7 mins to go, that makes sense.

Every single time lol

3-0 is the most dangerous lead for West Ham

Un-****ing-believable

Squeaky bum time again.

Thank ****. Next time maybe try a normal win ? Cheers.

Nervous wreck for the last 20 mins...

The life of a West Ham fan!! :pac:

Great win though in the end. Keeps us up in there and pulls Leicester closer to us now

Weird to be urging Hammers on to keep lead near end of season for top 4 finish instead of trying to keep out of bottom 3.

Progress! The first game we had a 3 goal lead, we drew. Next game we won but had to defend a one goal lead for 25 minutes. Today we only had to do it for 5 minutes :pac:
    Have we ever had a three goal lead in three consecutive games in the Premier League or even scored three goals in three consecutive games?

Injury list is getting ridiculous at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

[IMG][/img]wh.jpg

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]wh.jpg

That's just tempting fate. The last three games have not done my heart any good. I like Moyes' tactics though, last season we couldn't hold on to a 1-0 lead so this season we score three, to be on the safe side :D Seriously though, I would have taken a draw before the game, so to get a win, putting us a point from third is incredible. I didn't know which way I wanted the United Spurs game to go but I can look at the positives of being six points ahead of Spurs.

Masuaku is a bit of a liability, gave away the ball for the first and nearly gave away a penalty twice. Much prefer Johnston in there. If Cresswell and Noble are out now too we're really gonna be struggling. Balbuena doesn't inspire confidence.

Didn't mean to be so negative tho, love watching WH compete for Top 4. The farewell Boleyn was my favorute West Ham season, but this is giving it a run for its money. I love watching this team

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Masuaku is a bit of a liability, gave away the ball for the first and nearly gave away a penalty twice. Much prefer Johnston in there. If Cresswell and Noble are out now too we're really gonna be struggling. Balbuena doesn't inspire confidence.
    Like Princess Leia kinda said: "Help me Ogbonna. You're my only hope"

Anyone else bricking it about Newcastle at the weekend? Arguably our worst performance of the season came against them on day one. They've all of a sudden come into a bit of form with Saint-Maximin probably guaranteed to start after the last day. And Steve Bruce still harbours resentment over the last day of the 1994-95 season so always relishes beating us. Add in the fact that we've a chance to go third and that Newcastle would be weaker on paper than our last 3 opponents means it's prime fcuk up territory for us.
    Every game that the wheels don't come off for us basically means I'm even more certain that they'll come off the next game.

Looks like Ogbonna is straight in, in a back 3 defense. Masuaku also out, so Ben Johnson in.

My fears were very well founded by the looks of it

Hammers looking positive in the first half, but howler from Diop to open Magpie account, red card for Dawson, and then howler from Fabianski make for an interesting second half.

2-2 and minutes later concede again...

• Advertisement

Jesus christ this is the West Ham of old.

Lingard injured now. Wheels are well and truly off now.

Lingard injured now. Wheels are well and truly off now.

Didn't seem that bad to be fair, hopefully he's fine.

The Hammers were awfully unlucky today in how the first 2 Newcastle goals transpired. Injuries going into the game didn't help, obviously, but very positive game from both sides. Dems da breaks.

Dawson has really regressed since Ogbonna's injury. His red card was really brainless. I'd wonder if Balbuena would be worth a shot alongside Oggy against Chelsea as Diop hasn't really been covering himself in glory in recent weeks.
    Getting anything from Chelsea is absolutely imperative now, even if it's just a draw. A loss probably means that we're 5 behind with only 5 to play. 5 wins from those games probably wouldn't be enough for fourth. I don't hold out much hope though. We were tanked when Lampard was managing them, God knows what they'll do to us with a good manager at the helm.

An unfortunate thing coming from today's result is that we can no longer mathematically win the league :(

I was more annoyed with Dawsons first yellow. It was a bad pass from Bowen that led to it.

So disappointing today. Newcastle are dreadful under Bruce and thats 3 dropped.

We never got going at all from the start.

But onwards and hopefully upwards! The Chelsea game as you say Archer, is a must win game.

• Advertisement

So in light of the "big 6" being kicked out of premier league, we are only a point off top behind Leicester...gonna be a close run in to the season after all for Premier League title :D:D:D

Ludo wrote: »
    So in light of the "big 6" being kicked out of premier league, we are only a point off top behind Leicester...gonna be a close run in to the season after all for Premier League title :D:D:D
    Well if all the results against the "big 6" (4 of which are behind us at the moment) are expunged, we're 9 points ahead of Leicester at the top. So I'm wholeheartedly behind kicking them all out :pac:

Well if all the results against the "big 6" (4 of which are behind us at the moment) are expunged, we're 9 points ahead of Leicester at the top. So I'm wholeheartedly behind kicking them all out :pac:

It really is the right thing to do. For the sake of the integrity of football.

Balbuena in with Oggy and Diop. Yarmolenko back on the bench. Another one of these would be mighty.

551243.png
    Cresswell not on bench even, so looks like Fredericks has swapped right for left wing in order to replace Johnson. All hands on deck defensively I'd say, including Fornals, who in fairness is excellent in helping out at the back. This could mean Lingard and Bowen not getting much of the ball. Chelsea win written all over it, but for a six-pointer game in terms of a Champions League spot, ti could be a good game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement