Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Another one of these would be mighty.

You pre-empted Moysie's interview.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Playing really well but now a goal down

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Ugh it's always the same with us. A striker in a rut is always guaranteed to score against us.
    This would be the first time we've lost 2 in a row since the first two games of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

No fcuking way was that a red card. Ridiculous.

No fcuking way was that a red card. Ridiculous.
    Any chance of a point gone thanks to an utter disgrace of a referee. And nothing will be done about it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That’s the silliest red card ever, although we hadn’t laid a glove on Chelsea before that even with 11

Not the end of the world, that loss, so long as we bounce back from it. Chelsea have a difficult run in and Liverpool have Man U up next. Though we literally cannot afford to drop a single point from here on in. I've an awful feeling that this could damage us mentally and we could conceivably drop down to 7th or 8th in the coming weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Not the end of the world, that loss, so long as we bounce back from it. Chelsea have a difficult run in and Liverpool have Man U up next. Though we literally cannot afford to drop a single point from here on in. I've an awful feeling that this could damage us mentally and we could conceivably drop down to 7th or 8th in the coming weeks.

8th is only 3 points away, so yeah, it's a real fear alright. I don't know if we would have equalised tonight but that ridiculous red card means that we'll never know. I thought with Benrahma and Lanzini coming on that Moyes was being positive and going for them, but I know we were thin on the bench also and they were the best players on it. VAR is a disgrace and should be chopped. One of the reasons it was brought in, was to level the playing field and stop accusations of referee bias but it's made it worse. Chelsea was the last super league team that we have to meet, so hopefully à run is coming but Everton is the obvious 6 pointer in there.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Unsurprisingly, Balbuena's red has been rescinded. Both straight reds we've gotten this season have been overturned.

Unsurprisingly, Balbuena's red has been rescinded. Both straight reds we've gotten this season have been overturned.

I'd be more disappointed if I felt it had cost us a result, but I don't think we'd have scored with 12 players Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

Maybe so, but when are we going to get round to sanctioning the referee who made the decision, and I don't mean a token weekend off...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

pjmn wrote: »
    Maybe so, but when are we going to get round to sanctioning the referee who made the decision, and I don't mean a token weekend off...

I think you'd have to sanction an awful amount of referees, 2 for that one incident alone and it may discourage referees wanting to join the Premier league. It is ridiculous though that a video referee spotted thst incident and then had the referee verify their decision. VAR has caused issues where there wouldn't have been any in the past. At least before VAR, the referee had the excuse of needing to make a decision on the spot, he may not of seen the incident or he may have misinterpreted the incident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭pjmn

I think you'd have to sanction an awful amount of referees, 2 for that one incident alone and it may discourage referees wanting to join the Premier league. It is ridiculous though that a video referee spotted thst incident and then had the referee verify their decision. VAR has caused issues where there wouldn't have been any in the past. At least before VAR, the referee had the excuse of needing to make a decision on the spot, he may not of seen the incident or he may have misinterpreted the incident.

Disagree - poor standards come from poor expectations and no sanctions, if we settle for the crap we are getting then that's what'll we get (at best)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Antonio back, Benrahma starts, Lanzini starts. Interesting attacking line-up. Moyes going for it?
    Although no Noble on the bench so forced into it I guess.

Let's hope it pays off. Should be entertaining anyway.

Jaysus, that's an unexpected starting 11!
    Cresswell and Antonio back. Ogbonna missing. Soucek in defence. Lanzini and Benrahma starting.
    This will either go very well or awfully.
    Fingers crossed Benrahma can break his duck today.

Jaysus, that's an unexpected starting 11!
    Cresswell and Antonio back. Ogbonna missing. Soucek in defence. Lanzini and Benrahma starting.
    This will either go very well or awfully.
    Fingers crossed Benrahma can break his duck today.

I am assuming Soucek is not actually in defence...that would be odd even though all the apps and websites are showing it that way.

Back 4 of Cresswell, Diop, Dawson and Coufal.
    Soukek and Fornals in font of them.
    And Lanzini, Benrahma, Lingard and Antonio banging them in up front.

I really expect 3 points tonight. We should be beating Burnley. But knowing West Ham, it will never be easy.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

it dont matter, the hammers or more specifically that Moyes and his defensive mentality cos them.

His negativity in the away defeat to united gave away the game
    his atrocious decision when West ham were 3-0 up against arsenal cost them 2 points and almost 3
    and it the following games it did almost the same.

his defensive play against chelsea again showed.

The team have done well overall this season, despite moyes, not because of him

it dont matter, the hammers or more specifically that Moyes and his defensive mentality cos them.

His negativity in the away defeat to united gave away the game
    his atrocious decision when West ham were 3-0 up against arsenal cost them 2 points and almost 3
    and it the following games it did almost the same.

his defensive play against chelsea again showed.

The team have done well overall this season, despite moyes, not because of him

At this stage I'm beginnign to think Moyes stole your wife or something. Some vendetta ya have against the chap

• Advertisement

Started okay but now a goal down from a penalty

Antonio!!!!!!

Antonio!!!!!!

That man again!!!!

Shedite27 wrote: »
    At this stage I'm beginnign to think Moyes stole your wife or something. Some vendetta ya have against the chap

Vendetta ?

your post says a lot about the state of your thinking if you are equating my dislike for a defensive manager as a vendetta, and you feeling the need to mention my wife says more about your mindset.

Are you so insecure and defensive that criticism has you respond in such a manner ?

That man again!!!!

thats 45 PL goals for him, still in third place as hammers all time pl scorers.

one behind Noble, and 2 behind Di Canio

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

The cross for that second was amazing, inch perfect.
    And he almost scored again from an identical one.

• Advertisement

Vendetta ?

your post says a lot about the state of your thinking if you are equating my dislike for a defensive manager as a vendetta, and you feeling the need to mention my wife says more about your mindset.

Are you so insecure and defensive that criticism has you respond in such a manner ?
    Give the man a break, every time we win you're on here saying it has nothing to do with Moyes, every time we lose you say it's because of Moyes.

We have enough seasons when we're languising in the relegation battle, enjoy it while it lasts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Give the man a break, every time we win you're on here saying it has nothing to do with Moyes, every time we lose you say it's because of Moyes.

We have enough seasons when we're languising in the relegation battle, enjoy it while it lasts

now you are resorting to outright blatant lying.
    Where are these posts after every game ?

they only exist in your head.Criticizing the defensive attitude of moyes is certainly worth mentioning, and i was not alone if you actually read the thread instead of making up claims.

So many wasted chances. We are going to mess this up aren't we.

Lads we are 2-1 up at the moment and playing well. Put all vibes into getting us 3 points and argue after the match!!

We really need another goal to kill them off. Too risky just the one ahead even though we are dominating.

Ludo wrote: »
    So many wasted chances. We are going to mess this up aren't we.

if west ham can throw away points at 3-0 up , then blowing it at 2-1 would be no problem sadly.

as long as moyes dont get defensive again and allow them control the game, i think they will hold on or even get another

• Advertisement

some of the "shots" tonight are atrocious and in the stands or closer to the corner flag

Massive 3 points. I expected it but it was nerve wracking!

:)

Delighted with that. Was a bit worried with the big win for Burnley last week, more so after falling behind.

Midfield looked very good, didn’t really miss Rice at all tonight, Lanzini and Fornals were very good.

Certainly should have ended it a lot sooner, created a crazy amount of chances but wasteful from the strikers.

The CL dream lives on

Like the reverse fixture, should have won by more but I'll take it after two straight losses.
    Had Benrahma as anytime scorer so miffed that Antonio nicked the second.
    4 more Cup finals. Both Chelsea and Leicester have tougher run ins (on paper) so if we were to get 12 points, I'd be confident we'd finish in the top 4.

Like the reverse fixture, should have won by more but I'll take it after two straight losses.
    Had Benrahma as anytime scorer so miffed that Antonio nicked the second.
    4 more Cup finals. Both Chelsea and Leicester have tougher run ins (on paper) so if we were to get 12 points, I'd be confident we'd finish in the top 4.

even if that were to happen and the hammers finish 4th, there is also the problem that 4th might not be enough were chelsea to win the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

even if that were to happen and the hammers finish 4th, there is also the problem that 4th might not be enough were chelsea to win the CL

Arsenal would also have to win the Europa league for ye to miss out(provided ye finished 4th)

Only if Arsenal were to win the Europa League along with Chelsea winning the CL. If that were to happen, we'd be bumped to the EL. That'd be peak West Ham though. 85-86, we finished 3rd (best ever finish), 4 behind Liverpool in 1st but missed out on Europe due to the fact that English teams were banned from European competitions.

Remaining fixtures... I have the calculator out! Winnable fixtures for us. Going to be fun at least!

3rd - Leicester - 63
    Newcastle (h) Man United (a) Chelsea (a) Spurs (h)

4th - Chelsea - 61
    Man City (a) Arsenal (h) Leicester (h) Villa (a)

5th - West Ham - 58
    Everton (h) Brighton (a) West Brom (a) Southampton (h)

Remaining fixtures... I have the calculator out! Winnable fixtures for us. Going to be fun at least!

3rd - Leicester - 63

4th - Chelsea - 61

5th - West Ham - 58

Possibility of all three teams ending up on 66 points there looking at the fixtures. We'd be screwed on goal difference of course.

Actually very unlikely as Chelsea and Leicester have to play each other.

3rd - Leicester - 63

4th - Chelsea - 61

5th - West Ham - 58

Leicester could lose their last 3, Chelsea could lose to city and Leicester, Villa are good at the back so a draw is possible, we could beat all 4. If we did win all 4, and Leicester beat Newcastle and Chelsea who beat Arsenal and Villa, then we're 3rd. I do feel that we'll slip somewhere.

• Advertisement

dont forget liverpool

if they win their game in hand against utd they are within a point and there four other fixtures are

home to southampton
    away to west brom
    away to burnley
    home to palace.

outside the utd game, that is a piss easy run for them

It's very nice to have an actual interest in the result of a Man U - Liverpool game.
    The only way Liverpool overtake us is if we drop points. If we do drop points, I don't think we'll make the top 4 regardless of whether or not Liverpool overtake us.

I think just focus on our results. I highly doubt we'll get 12 from 12. I hate playing Everton, we've never beaten Brighton since they were promoted and even if West Brom are already relegated, you can guarantee that Sam will be gunning to take us down a peg or two.

What are the permutations with Chelsea and Man City in the champions league final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

What are the permutations with Chelsea and Man City in the champions league final?

Only issue for any sides is if :
    Chelsea win the CL and finish 5th AND Arsenal win the EL.

If that happens, whoever finishes 4th will go into the EL as any assocation can only enter 5 sides to the CL.

No other possibility can change what happens to 4th place.

It's pretty unlikely as Arsenal won't even beat Villareal let alone beat Utd in the final.

I believe if Chelsea win Champions League AND Arsenal win Europa League AND we finish 4th in league...we are ****ed. We miss out on CL in that scenario as England cant have 6 teams in CL next season. 5 max which would be top three plus Chelsea and Arsenal.

Ludo wrote: »
    I believe if Chelsea win Champions League AND Arsenal win Europa League AND we finish 4th in league...we are ****ed. We miss out on CL in that scenario as England cant have 6 teams in CL next season. 5 max which would be top three plus Chelsea and Arsenal.

Correct.

Won't happen, Arsenal are pretty bad.

(Watch them beat us now in a few weeks)

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Correct.

Won't happen, Arsenal are pretty bad.

(Watch them beat us now in a few weeks)

:D Ah ManU should walk the Europa League the way they are playing (results wise at least).

Won't happen anyway as we won't finish 4th either unfortunately.

Wouldn't begrudge ye 4th anyway, the old fella is a Hammers fan for about 50 years and is loving the season so far.

Well 4th place means CL IF we can get it now that Arsenal beaten.

More importantly, 7th now guarantees European football next season apparently.

• Advertisement

Guess we're gonna have to miss out on champions league football the old fashioned way.

Advertisement