Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Ham Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Absolutely boring at this stage. Thread spoiling. We get it. You don't like Moyes. Best season in years and whole thread is this ****e.
    You will be proved right eventually and like all managers he will be sacked...take solace in that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Ludo wrote: »
    Absolutely boring at this stage. Thread spoiling. We get it. You don't like Moyes. Best season in years and whole thread is this ****e.
    You will be proved right eventually and like all managers he will be sacked...take solace in that.

name one thing I said that is not true.
    Where have i said i dont like moyes as a person ?
    oh wait that never happened, I dislike him as a manager because of his defensive attitude, and guess what,,,that is my right, and just because you do not like it dont mean you can shut people down.

I have asked the same questions multiple times and yet no one seems to be willing to answer them.
    Will you be happy with 6th or 7th next year, and the year after ?
    Its not a trick question, is that what you consider success....its a simple question that you should have no problem answering.

I want the club to think bigger, show more ambition than moyes, and as said if leicester can do it why cannot west ham ?
    Its a reasonable question, or are you happy to see the club as just one making up the numbers in the PL ?

The club had a good year, i want then to carry on going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

The club had a good year, i want then to carry on going forward.

But sack the manager that's given us probably our best ever premier league season. Makes so much sense.

Anyway it's getting boring at this stage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's quite ironic that you complain about people not answering questions when you still haven't said what manager you would want us to get above Moyes.
    Also, again with the defensive rubbish. Since the league went to 38 games, we've only scored more goals in one season. Indeed in the last 50 years, in only 5 seasons (so far) have we scored more in a top flight season (that includes all the 42 game seasons).

me89 wrote: »
    But sack the manager that's given us probably our best ever premier league season. Makes so much sense.

Anyway it's getting boring at this stage.

show me where i said sack him ?
    I said they should not have rehired him

They are 2 completely different things, but as usual why let the truth get in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

is that not what i have always said, that is his limit. ??
    again the fact remains he would never be hired by the big clubs because he is not a top elite manager, never was and never will be.

Pelegrini had won the title, did his "limit" matter a damn when he got to WH? The limit idea is nonsense.

Astra Giurgiu were beaten in the Romanian Cup final so we're thankfully not going to come across them on our European tour next season.

hopefully antonio can get his goal, or preferably 2 today,

a brace for fornals.......and this sums up what it is like to be a hammers fan.

2-0 up at home and still not confident of 3 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

All part of the Rollercoaster!! Great to be in this position though at half time tho I am exactly like you. Not until its certain, do I believe it!! :pac:

• Advertisement

deep down you cannot be a hammers supporter without being some sort of masochist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

All part of the Rollercoaster!! Great to be in this position though at half time tho I am exactly like you. Not until its certain, do I believe it!! :pac:

Utd fan here but hope ye win:)

And we can do a swop deal of Jlingz and Phil Jones for Rice!

Now I can relax!!! 3 up!!

Thank god we were at home!!

leicester completely blow it...2-1 up in the cl and now now out of cl and 3-2 down

Great win. Great to do it at home and not lose and hope Spurs only drew. They won so its great to do it on our terms!

Credit to Moyes and the whole squad. You can see the spirit is really high. We just need a few astute buys and we can go on from here. I thought Moyes would see us relegated so he has proved me wrong. But now we need to be up here all the time and not just once.

A good run in Europa would be fantastic! Then next season, maybe a run like this near the top. A few extra good players could really see us in the top 4 but today is about this season.

What a great season. Here is to more! Come on you Irons!!

2 points is what west ham missed champions league by.,,,,the same number thrown away at home to arsenal

2 points is what west ham missed champions league by.,,,,the same number thrown away at home to arsenal

Yes of course but we finished 3 points above spurs. We came back from 3 down against them to draw so that draw claimed kept them below us.

So all in all, we should be happy!!

now all the gossip mongering starts.

will lingard stay, the whole rice fiasco will kick off again....

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

The Jman wrote: »
    I hate myself for thinking with a couple of good signings we can challenge for top 6 next season!!

I no longer hate myself!! What a season from Moyes and the squad, hopefully the board back Moyes now and we can consistently challenge for champions league!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Very easy to come out with "what ifs", but you could also say what if Lookman hadn't tried to dink his penalty, what if Aston Villa's equaliser hadn't been ruled out for offside, what if Lanzini shanked his shot against Spurs.
    At the end of the day, in the Premier League, we've finished the season with the most points, most wins, second highest goals scored and second highest finish we've ever had. Absolutely phenomenal season whatever way you look at it.

The Jman wrote: »
    I no longer hate myself!! What a season from Moyes and the squad, hopefully the board back Moyes now and we can consistently challenge for champions league!!
    Jaysus, great shout.

Great season in the end, some super highlights, some disappointments, but I really enjoyed watching the team every week. I think my goal for WH always is to be competing for Europe, so this season checked those boxes.

Hope we can build on that now for net season and somehow avoid the Europa League slouch. Losing Rice would be the biggest blow, adding Lingard must be a priority. After that, I can't see us losing any of the rest of the squad. Another striker would be lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭The Jman

How much do people reckon we have to spend this Summer? I know it's all a guessing game but our squad is fairly paper thin and aging in places, we need a fairly decent outlay if we are to be competitive next season. I'm praying diop comes back to his best, I don't think we'll get away with Dawson and Ogbonna in centre defence next year. We need more midfield cover too and hopefully we can get in more striking options aswell, hopefully the board don't let us down!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Is Hammer of the season announced?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Well to try and sum it all up..

Happy to escape relegation last season felt we needed to turn over a few new faces and offload some of the dead wood. We got rid of the dead wood anyway. Then the fixtures got released and thought o **** look at that first 7 we are in for another long season. We genuinely could be bottom with a few points in October.. then the whole diangana ordeal played out and everything just felt toxic all over again.. first day lose at home to the geordies and it's like I cant take another year of this... away to arsenal another loss but a loss that we really didnt deserve that night.. signs of life but the fixture list isnt getting any easier.. beat wolves 4-0.. they must have had an off night we cant be that good? Of course we go to goodison with a chance of a decent cup run and get pissed on.. away to leicester and the introduction of 5 at the back.. we win 3-0 wait WHAT? 3-0 away to leicester what's going on?.. 2 down after 10 mins at spurs and then.. well we know the rest.. :-D from the middle of October until the end of january we lost 3 games to liverpool robbed against united with var but we rode our luck against villa and Chelsea and then arrives j lingz.. not too sure about this but moyes has done well enough so I'm happy to trust him.. and f*ck me straight into the first xi away at villa and for a lad that had barely played in 2 years he was exceptional.. kept that form for the next 7/8 games dragging us along with him at times.. injuries inevitably caught up with us in the last 6 games of the season and the top 4 dreams went along with it.. then it seemed like everything was going against us and we could even finish 8th! But rice returned and we steadied the ship and we are off on a European tour..

Honestly over the moon west ham have been such a bright spot with everything else that has gone on in the last year. And wasnt it lovely to dream for a while.. nice to have the fans back in today and let's hope it's the start of a better atmosphere and it can start to feel like home..

50 million is the rumoured kitty plus whatever we can get from transfers.. depth will be a big priority with fingers crossed an extra 20ish games next year. A striker being top of the list but let's just enjoy finishing ahead of spurs seen as they are always our cup final

If we could get Tammy Abraham for 50m, I'd be happy with just putting everythign towards him

whatever happened to the academy west ham had chucking out top players

seems little coming out of it in recent years

whatever happened to the academy west ham had chucking out top players

seems little coming out of it in recent years
    Yeah tough for them to get into the first team it seems. Plyers coming through the whole time but they seem unwilling to hold on until they're 21/22 for first team regular action, I suspect some of that is influenced by agents.
    • Declan Rice he only superstar at present.
    • Ben Johnson looks like he may make the breakthrough.
    • Grady Diangana was sold last summer, I remember Mark Noble ranted on twitter that it was a disgrace we were letting our best players go. He hasn't really set the world alight this season tho.
    • Ngakia looked a good prospect but threw his toys out of the pram when he wasn't offered a big wage after 5 appearances so joined Watford last year
    • Reece Oxford made a big initial impression a few years back when he was 16, but wasn't happy that he was asked to go back to 21's, didn't sign a new deal and is a bit part player in the Bundesliga now.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah tough for them to get into the first team it seems. Plyers coming through the whole time but they seem unwilling to hold on until they're 21/22 for first team regular action, I suspect some of that is influenced by agents.
    • Declan Rice he only superstar at present.
    • Ben Johnson looks like he may make the breakthrough.
    • Grady Diangana was sold last summer, I remember Mark Noble ranted on twitter that it was a disgrace we were letting our best players go. He hasn't really set the world alight this season tho.
    • Ngakia looked a good prospect but threw his toys out of the pram when he wasn't offered a big wage after 5 appearances so joined Watford last year
    • Reece Oxford made a big initial impression a few years back when he was 16, but wasn't happy that he was asked to go back to 21's, didn't sign a new deal and is a bit part player in the Bundesliga now.

as you point out some of them certainly have inflated egos
    was glad to see the back of ngakia, and will be glad to see the back of rice.
    sod him, if they have no loyalty sell them

remember noble getting upset over, diangana maybe he saw something in training we did not spot.

• Advertisement

as you point out some of them certainly have inflated egos
    was glad to see the back of ngakia, and will be glad to see the back of rice.
    sod him, if they have no loyalty sell them

remember noble getting upset over, diangana maybe he saw something in training we did not spot.
    What??? Rice has been absolutely excellent this season. Personally I think he's only behind Soucek and Coufal for HOTY. You complain about the academy not producing players and then complain about the best player the academy has produced in the last 10 years at least.
    Diangana has been mediocre for West Brom this season. I was annoyed when he was sold but, at the moment, it looks like a good decision.

What??? Rice has been absolutely excellent this season. Personally I think he's only behind Soucek and Coufal for HOTY. You complain about the academy not producing players and then complain about the best player the academy has produced in the last 10 years at least.
    Diangana has been mediocre for West Brom this season. I was annoyed when he was sold but, at the moment, it looks like a good decision.

he might be good, but the "will I stay , will I go, cannot be good for the team,
    If he is going to leave, then leave now so the club can get someone in now to replace him....dont let this saga drag on into the next season

He should either commit of **** off.

he might be good, but the "will I stay , will I go, cannot be good for the team,
    If he is going to leave, then leave now so the club can get someone in now to replace him....dont let this saga drag on into the next season

He's under contract until 2024. It's up to the club whether they accept a bid and let him leave. Even if he does say he wants to go (and I'd be surprised if he does), there's nothing he can do if the club don't want him to leave.

lets be honest when a player under contract wants to leave and the club can make a huge profit, the player will get whatever HE WANTS

Are you actually a West Ham fan or just here on a wind up? As far as I can see he gives 100% and has nothing but love for the club, if he moves on in the future so be it. What's good for the team is him playing.

ah..the old how can you call yourself a fan if you dare to question attitude .

I hate to be the one to break it to you but you can be a fan and have an opinion that differs.

Putting aside I was the first treasurer of the cork west ham supporters club many years back, went to countless games, in fact been going to see the hammers since the 80s even before supporters clubs and stopped when it got to the point the tickets to the match were costing more than the flights after the millenium

Having an opinion that differs from you does not mean you are some sort of bigger fan who can dictate who is or is not a fan. It dont work that way.

ah..the old how can you call yourself a fan if you dare to question attitude .

I hate to be the one to break it to you but you can be a fan and have an opinion that differs.

Putting aside I was the first treasurer of the cork west ham supporters club many years back, went to countless games, in fact been going to see the hammers since the 80s even before supporters clubs and stopped when it got to the point the tickets to the match were costing more than the flights after the millenium

Having an opinion that differs from you does not mean you are some sort of bigger fan who can dictate who is or is not a fan. It dont work that way.

Fair enough, but you always seem to look for something negative, after a good win yesterday and our best season in over 20 years you come on here and say Declans attitude isn't good for the team, he's been our best player the last 3 years and always gives 100%

me89 wrote: »
    Fair enough, but you always seem to look for something negative, after a good win yesterday and our best season in over 20 years you come on here and say Declans attitude isn't good for the team, he's been our best player the last 3 years and always gives 100%

I think if you look back at my posts I dont have an issue with moyes personally, and he was right to take the job offered, the issue there was the board giving it to him again.

The board lack ambition, and moyes is cheap, and whilst he is a good manager, he is too defensive for my liking. He did well getting us into europe, but i dont believe his is a manager of taking us to a top 4 club.

I dont believe that is unfair criticism.

I have praised many players, and even will praise rice for what he done, but stating he needs to commit properly of **** off is also a fair assessment in my opinion.
    The saga is not good for team moral, and with a thin squad in comparison to other top 8 teams, its a case of if he has to go, sell him now so they can get someone else in now and not mid season next year.

Lastly I look at what Leicester has achieved, and think West Ham who have bigger support and will have far larger gates to generate more income should be thinking, if leicester can do it, west ham can also.

19 year old forward Thierry Nevers has signed from Reading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

Moyes' Red Bull model:

https://trainingground.guru/articles/david-moyes-west-ham-need-to-follow-red-bull-model-of-recruitment.

There was talk of Red Bull taking over/joint venturing with Gold/Sullivan some years back. Is that still in the background?

• Advertisement

Soucek nominated for Player of the Season and Moyes nominated for Manager of the Season.

Soucek nominated for Player of the Season and Moyes nominated for Manager of the Season.

I get the soucek one...its by hammers fans i suspect....but the manager of the year ? Is that not always given to the league winner ?

I get the soucek one...its by hammers fans i suspect....but the manager of the year ? Is that not always given to the league winner ?

Usually the league winner gets MOTS, but not always. Tony Pulis won it 2013-14 when Palace came 11th. Man City won the league that season with 86 as well.
    Pardew won it in 2011-12 when Newcastle came 5th (Man City won it with 89 points). Redknapp won it in 2009-10 with Spurs in 4th.
    Man City were nothing exceptional in winning the league by their very high standards (Guardiola won it twice when Man City finished the league on 100 and 99 points respectively). Think it'll be between Moyes and Bielsa.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Think it'll be between Moyes and Bielsa.

I think Moyes should get it with the successful season WH have had, but City were in the bottom half of the league at the end of november, and then went on a fantastic run.
    That might win it for Pep.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I think Moyes should get it with the successful season WH have had, but City were in the bottom half of the league at the end of november, and then went on a fantastic run.
    That might win it for Pep.
    I've a feeling Moyes might get it, I know another poster feels different, but I feel he's a big reason that squad overachieved, or at the least he's the one who put that squad together. Man City went on a great run, but the opposition wasn't great this year. Won the title with 86 points. Wouldn't have got close in the past couple of years.

Usually the league winner gets MOTS, but not always. Tony Pulis won it 2013-14 when Palace came 11th. Man City won the league that season with 86 as well.
    Pardew won it in 2011-12 when Newcastle came 5th (Man City won it with 89 points). Redknapp won it in 2009-10 with Spurs in 4th.
    Man City were nothing exceptional in winning the league by their very high standards (Guardiola won it twice when Man City finished the league on 100 and 99 points respectively). Think it'll be between Moyes and Bielsa.

so the only time managers who did not win the league won the award was when man city on the league ?

someone must hate man city :D

Since city won the league again this year....could history repeat itself

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've a feeling Moyes might get it, I know another poster feels different,

do you ?
    Just one ?

I reckon tens of thousands might feel different....then they are man city fans :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Moyes being linked with a return to Everton. Odds dropping. I can't see it happening, but in a way it would serve GSB right for ditching him last time

Moyes being linked with a return to Everton. Odds dropping. I can't see it happening, but in a way it would serve GSB right for ditching him last time
    Hope it doesn't happen but it would be typical West Ham if it does.
    Honestly, I'd say Moyes will use the interest from Everton to push for less interference from GSB in transfers if he does sign a new contract. Nuno is now odds on favourite with Howe second favourite so I'd be surprised if he leaves. I'm sure he wants to give Europe a crack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭cdgalwegian

What are the odds for Moyes having started the rumour?:pac:

Advertisement