Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scam?

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i know this is a scam but it seems straighforward enough that some people might think it came from their bank?
    also i do not have an account with AIB.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

yeah, some people will see the info@aib email address and think its legit. Your bank will never ever ask you to install anything or give personal details. ever.
    hope nobody falls for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

100gSoma wrote: »
    yeah, some people will see the info@aib email address and think its legit. Your bank will never ever ask you to install anything or give personal details. ever.
    hope nobody falls for this.
    i also thought that all emails from banks or legitimate companies will have their real contact details and a branch phone number for you to contact them directly. but the fact they send a .exe attachment without warning is reason enough to junk all mail from that sender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

I think the suspicious sender says it all tbh

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That screams 'scam'! But it's scary the amount of people who get taken in by it. AIB have an email address, alert@aib.ie, which they ask that you forward emails of this nature to. It'll help them keep up to date with any new wave of phishing emails that go out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

well im glad its being sent to people without accounts aswell, i got one,

what bank would make you install an exe???

• Advertisement
Advertisement