Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Home Broadband Query

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've ordered the 7.6 Mb Vodafone Home Broadband Bundle & switched from Eircom, and have a couple of questions which someone might be able to help me with:

1. How long does it really take to get installed/setup from the dte of ordering. Vodafone claim 15 working days for the account switch and then 3 weeks for the broadband to be enabled - does it really take this long or is this a worst case scenario.

2. What is the brand/model of the wireless modem they provide - I don't recognise the kit from the online pic, and the demo one in the local Vodafone office had the model & serial #'s etc.. removed.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

IRCA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Thanks,

However, the answer was hardly definitive in the post - I was hoping someone who actually has one could provide me with the exact make / model.

But thanks anyway, it's something to start with - (however the Modem shown in the Vodafone ads & shop don't look like a Zyxel to me).

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

We got Vodafone broadband last year and from what I can remember it didn't take too long - I think it was about 10 days, but don't quote me on that! I know that we were quite surprised because we expected it to take longer, so I think that what they say is a worst-case scenario.

Our modem is a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 so if they haven't updated it then I suppose you'll get the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Mollywolly wrote: »
    We got Vodafone broadband last year and from what I can remember it didn't take too long - I think it was about 10 days, but don't quote me on that! I know that we were quite surprised because we expected it to take longer, so I think that what they say is a worst-case scenario.

Our modem is a Zyxel P-660HW-T1 v2 so if they haven't updated it then I suppose you'll get the same.

vindication :rolleyes:

Advertisement