If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Query

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a new 32" HD (or HD Ready) TV. My budget would be up to 500 euro.
    The main uses of the TV would be xbox, standard def NTL, both standard and HD movie playback.

From looking around I'd been thinking of an LG 32LH2000 which is available for 449 from powercity. Unfortunately, you don't seem to have this in stock. Are you planing on getting this in or do you have anything similar in or around the same price range. Or would the LG 32LH4010 that you have be worth the extra 50 odd euro?

The reasons I like the LG mentioned are
    * plenty of connections. I'll be connecting 4 or 5 devices at least 3 of which will need scart \ component, so the 2 x scart and 1 x component are good.
    * PC Input. While not essential it is a nice plus
    * MPEG4 decoder. Again a nice extra but not essential

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Matrim,

Thanks for the post!

The LG range this year is excellent - I agree!

We do stock the LG 32LH2000 and we sell it at £329.95 / €399.99 but it is not back in stock until next Friday - however you are correct - the LG 32 LH4010 at £399.95 / €479.99 is a vastly superior TV - it has Full HD an extra HDMI input and much better contrast ratio.

However why don't you have a look at the even better 32 LF 7700 which is a really cracking Full HD TV which includes a Freesat decoder built in so you can see Hi-Def freesat broadcasts free of charge - this will just about break your budget however it really is worth it for the additional freesat feature - we sell this unit at £449.95 / €529.99 - see details here: http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/32lf7700/lg-32lf77starstar

All of the above have UHF/VHF and MPEG4 tuners but of course the LF7700 has the very sexy freesat receiver on board as well!

We also have the excellent 32PFL5404H from Philips at £369.95 / €439.99 see details here: http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl5404h_12/32pfl5404h_12_pss_eng.pdf which again has 3 HDMI (including a really handy side input)

Thanks again for the post and keep me posted if I can assist in any way.

ATB

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Thanks for the info John,

just one question your site has the LG 32 LH4010 at 505 euro. Is the $479 price correct?

The 32 LF 7700 looks good but is slightly out of my range

That philips also looks good and gives me something to think about.

What price would delivery to Dublin be and roughly how long does it take?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

matrim wrote: »
    Thanks for the info John,

just one question your site has the LG 32 LH4010 at 505 euro. Is the $479 price correct?

The 32 LF 7700 looks good but is slightly out of my range

That philips also looks good and gives me something to think about.

What price would delivery to Dublin be and roughly how long does it take?

No Problem matim, thanks for the reply - yep unfortunately that price of £479 is not correct - its my screw up! - it should be £429.95 / €505!!

The 4010 is available ex stock
    The Philips 32 5404 is available ex stock

Delivery is next day countrywide and I can do delivery at £11.99 or £19.99 next day insured!

Thanks again for the post and apologies for the screw-up!

ATB,

John mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

johnmc wrote: »
    No Problem matim, thanks for the reply - yep unfortunately that price of £479 is not correct - its my screw up! - it should be £429.95 / €505!!

The 4010 is available ex stock
    The Philips 32 5404 is available ex stock

Delivery is next day countrywide and I can do delivery at £11.99 or £19.99 next day insured!

Thanks again for the post and apologies for the screw-up!

ATB,

John mc

Thanks for the help, John. I actually dropped down to the Philips store and ordered one of the Philips 5404's earlier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.