Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New plan from meteor-wasn't a fan before, I am now!!

• 27-07-2009 10:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Just passed by a meteor shop and see they have a new deal, Its a SIM only bill pay plan, with only a 30 day contract.

300 any network mins
    Free meteor to meteor calls and texts

wait for it>>>>>>>>>>ONLY 25 QUID/MONTH!!

Fair play to meteor, similar deals from other providers cost about double.
    Im currently with 3, out of contract and was ready to move until I asked about getting a data add on...unfortunately they are way off here..they want 10 euro for a pathetic 250mb..I explained to the guy that I use about 500mb, so he said I would need the unlimited data plan , which costs a whopping 30 euro/month..such a pity...

any1 know if they plan to be competitive in the data compartment soon?

Still tho..excellent deal if you don't use data.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Bill Pay Lite 25, Its been around a month or so. Yeah its good to see them come out with some good value plans. Been discussed over here a while ago.
    Also have you seen BPL10, also not a bad plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

cojomo2 wrote: »
    Fair play to meteor, similar deals from other providers cost about double.
    A similar deal from them costs exactly double :D

If you want to get a cheap phone it's 50 a month and a 12 month contract. At an extra €300 a year that's the most expensive cheap phone you'll ever buy. These new 30 day contract things are a very good deal.
    Im currently with 3, out of contract and was ready to move until I asked about getting a data add on...unfortunately they are way off here..they want 10 euro for a pathetic 250mb..I explained to the guy that I use about 500mb

It is a bit crap but I've been on it a few months and I haven't gone over the 250MB yet so it's perfect for me. you just have to go sparingly on things like youtube. I don't think you can get the unlimited data plan by the way. Afaik it's only for talk 400 and above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    It is a bit crap but I've been on it a few months and I haven't gone over the 250MB yet so it's perfect for me. you just have to go sparingly on things like youtube. I don't think you can get the unlimited data plan by the way. Afaik it's only for talk 400 and above

Thanks Sam. I just got a new iPhone 3gs and use data a lot on it..so once i go over the 250mb mark I would be totaly raped by their 'standard data charges'!

I was just thinking though, they are selling their mobile broadband @17 euro/month..is it possible to move my number to meteor, go on the billpay lite 25 plan, and pay 17 quid for the mobile broadband, but have it all on the one sim/number?

also, is there free webtexts included in this?

oh and 1 more thing, would meteors 3g coverage be up there with 3Irl?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I was just thinking though, they are selling their mobile broadband @17 euro/month..is it possible to move my number to meteor, go on the billpay lite 25 plan, and pay 17 quid for the mobile broadband, but have it all on the one sim/number?
    No
    also, is there free webtexts included in this?

Yes, 300

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

oh and 1 more thing, would meteors 3g coverage be up there with 3Irl?

Thanks

It would not. Meteor only provide 3G coverage in Dublin, Cork city, Drogheda, Dundalk and Naas. They are working on increasing coverage as we speak, so they should be covering more of the country as the year goes on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement