Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long range rifle club

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hey all,

i was looking to buy a Lee Enfield, wouldn't this mean i need to join a long range rifle club??

dose any one have a contact email for lough bo shooting center, or know any other clubs in the north west area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Hey all,

i was looking to buy a Lee Enfield, wouldn't this mean i need to join a long range rifle club??
    Yup.

Johnnie Conlon, Lough Bo - 071-9165141

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ayapatrick

Hezz700 wrote: »
    Yup.

Johnnie Conlon, Lough Bo - 071-9165141

afaik not a long range place. all i seen at it was 50metre range and 25m pistol i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 THE SHOOTEST

lifford rifle and pistol
    bracken club strabane
    100 meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Lough Bo is only 100m, as far as I know only .22 rifles allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

You're pretty much looking at the midlands for that sort of thing really. There are one or two other ranges about, but midlands has the best setup. It's also pretty much the home range of the VCRAI, who do all this kind of shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

If you get in touch with the guys at http://vcrai.com/ they should be able to point you in the right direction .. most helpful .
    Darr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Darr wrote: »
    If you get in touch with the guys at http://vcrai.com/ they should be able to point you in the right direction .. most helpful .
    Darr

+1

There is a competition on at Midlands this Sunday @ 10 am well worth a visit if this is what your interested in ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

+1

There is a competition on at Midlands this Sunday @ 10 am well worth a visit if this is what your interested in ;)

Hey Bunny, just curious if anyonne that is intersted can go as just a spectator?
    cheers....Kay,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

kay 9 wrote: »
    Hey Bunny, just curious if anyonne that is intersted can go as just a spectator?
    cheers....Kay,

Don't see any reason why not, it's an open comp. AFAIK €30 and you can enter comp.

If ya have a .22lr you can pay "green fees" and use range ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Thanks Bunny for that :) I didn't realise, I have a .22wmr unfortunately and a .223. Hope i get a chance to go this time, thanks again bunny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

Hey all,

I don't see why you would need to join a long range club to get a licence, I'm a member of a 50 meter range, and it's authorised up to .308 calibre so no problems with the licence for the bigger calibres.

Advertisement