Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMMO PRICES IN IRELAND.

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just thought I would open this one to compare ammo prices throughout the country.
    Now with the C.J.B. passed looks like we can't import our own ammo so we can use this as a guide to getting the best deal on ammo.
    Dont thing that naming dealers and their prices would breech the charter but I am open to correction.

WHATS YOUR CALIBRE AND HOW MUCH DO YOU PAY????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭mac80

Federal 17HMR pack of 50 €12.50 Dundalk
    Eley 12 Gauge No6 game shot 6.50 Dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Winchester 20gr. 17hmr €13.50 in Waterford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭pajero2005

.22WMR:

Remington 40 Grain JHP and Federal 50 Grain Gameshock both €12 for 50 in Waterford

Honrady 33Gr V-max €22 for 50:eek:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

12g Trap Cartridges RC2's - 24g 7.5s - €165 per 1,000

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

Duffys in galway,prices not bad
    9mm magtech luger sub 13 per box of 50
    check out his other prices also on www.shoot.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

.22LR - €11.50 a box for Eley Match EPS or €10 for Lapua Centre-X.
    .25-06 - remains to be seen.

Sorry I know this thread is for ammo but this dealer in great for all types of accessories www.jsramsbottom.com
    he deals mostly in airguns and has been around for years.
    fantastic deals on accessories also scopes/mounts/bags and loads of other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

daveob007 wrote: »
    Sorry I know this thread is for ammo but this dealer in great for all types of accessories www.jsramsbottom.com
    he deals mostly in airguns and has been around for years.
    fantastic deals on accessories also scopes/mounts/bags and loads of other stuff.

Tried him a while back and he won't ship to Ireland.

clivej wrote: »
    Tried him a while back and he won't ship to Ireland.
    I only got a laser bore sighter from him yesterday.
    bought it on e,bay where he has a shop,it's airguns that he won't ship due to new laws in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Can we not buy ammo in the north anymore? that bit must have snuck in somewhere under the handgun ban and the importation of guns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Another piece of intelligent unenforceable law as far as I can see. It'll be some laugh when a lad from Tyrone or Monaghan who has a licence in both jurisdictions has to swap his cartridges exactly on the border when out for a bit of shooting on a farm that straddles the border. You could be doing it twice in half an hour when you're doing a hedge around a field :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Another piece of intelligent unenforceable law as far as I can see. It'll be some laugh when a lad from Tyrone or Monaghan who has a licence in both jurisdictions has to swap his cartridges exactly on the border when out for a bit of shooting on a farm that straddles the border. You could be doing it twice in half an hour when you're doing a hedge around a field :D
    Not saying you'e wrong, but importation is the act of purchasing goods from another country not bringing your own property into another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

5€ for 50 remington subs .22lr,dma ashford (wicklow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 James44

.22 subsonie 12 euro for 100 CCI Courtlough [man of war]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 DMZ

rrpc wrote: »
    Not saying you'e wrong, but importation is the act of purchasing goods from another country not bringing your own property into another country.

Now that's an interesting definition, does that mean that I can purchase shooters powder in the UK which I can do lawfully there, and bring it with me when I come home to ireland, mindful of the fact that shooters powder is a component of ammunition and I am covered to have components because I have a cert for a firearm?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

DMZ wrote: »
    Now that's an interesting definition, does that mean that I can purchase shooters powder in the UK which I can do lawfully there, and bring it with me when I come home to ireland, mindful of the fact that shooters powder is a component of ammunition and I am covered to have components because I have a cert for a firearm?

Except in the case that powder is legally classed as an explosive here and requires you to have a permit to store it in any case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

DMZ wrote: »

I wouldnt do that, one have a go hero was recently pulled after stepping of a ferry with 18 kg of powder:eek:-by the boys in blue!

18kg ? Was he intending to reload for a belt fed machinegun ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

no he was selling it the cops were in his yard when he got home.

Yeah well....trading in explosives without a licence isn't a good idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭thedragon

jwshooter wrote: »
    no he was selling it the cops were in his yard when he got home.
    What was the outcome on that. If there was a guy caught dealing in powder,it was kept very quiet,thats the first I heard about it. Or is it an ongoing situation that hasnt come up yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

18kg ? Was he intending to reload for a belt fed machinegun ?

he was just getting ready for a wee bit of target practise:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

thedragon wrote: »
    What was the outcome on that. If there was a guy caught dealing in powder,it was kept very quiet,thats the first I heard about it. Or is it an ongoing situation that hasnt come up yet.

they cleaned him out all his firearms and ammo .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

They must have had a tip off ?

Yes, probably from a UK gundealer who contacted his local police station telling them that some mad yoke just bought a big bucket of gunpowder. Just about enough to make a couple of Taliban sized roadside bombs to be more exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Guys, if this is sub judice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Right, not talking about anyone or anything just an observation............

Irish guy goes into gun dealers in UK "can I get 18kg of powder?"
    Dealer goes "ya sure, £500 please"
    Irish guy goes " here ya go, cheers"
    Irish guy leaves shop
    Dealer rings local cop shop "hey, a mad Paddy has just bought a load of powder from me!"
    Cops "no hassle we'll sort his terrorist ass out ;)"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Do you not need some sort of license to buy powder and primers in the UK or can anyone go into a dealers and but them??????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Right, not talking about anyone or anything just an observation............

Irish guy goes into gun dealers in UK "can I get 18kg of powder?"
    Dealer goes "ya sure, £500 please"
    Bunny, how is it you know how much 18kgs of powder costs in the UK?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement