Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving apartment

Options
  • 27-07-2009 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I am moving apartment this weekend and don’t have a car so wondering which is the best way to get my stuff from Dublin 16 to Dublin 6. Would it be easier to order a taxi van or get a removal company to help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Ask a mate or family member if you can use their car or just rent a car for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I moved from Lucan to Portmarnock three years ago, and was in the same boat, so ordered a taxi, and it, at the time cost €50 - would probably be closer to €80 now, at a guess. I think it depends on the taxi company if this is something they would do. The taxi firm in Lucan I used were more than accommodating, and the taxi driver even helped me to bring my items into my new home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

how is somebody here supposed to answer this ? We dont know what your moving. For all we know you could have a grand piano that needs shifting !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pharrell

sorry should have said what I was moving, all I am moving is clothes & tv etc, no heavy things or furniture..

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

Depends do you drive? or do you have a license? if you do just rent a car for the day. cost you about 40 euro. if you cant drive then a taxi would work depending on how much stuff you have. get a 7 seater. if you have to make two trips it will cost you a good bit. about 50 to 80. outside that you could ask a mate that has a license to rent a car for you and pay for it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭superbad50

i could take you for 50 / 60 euro depending on how much stuff you have

Advertisement